Staff Complaint - LadyFowl

BYOND Key: AmoryBlaine
Staff BYOND Key: Drago, or Lord Fowl
Game ID: image.png.da9d639d43a9043c5d0a8c952b5111a0.png
Reason for complaint: Falsely claimed I had gone out of my way to confront someone on an ahelp'd issue that was deemed not an issue. I had ahelp'd a player having used their character name as raider, and then again as a terminator as part of a gimmick. When I ahelp'd I was told this was totally fine, and there was nothing wrong with it. I told Drago to close the ahelp, and they did so. I ran into the player because they were gearing up and I was checking on the armory returns at the end of the round. I asked them why they'd use it repeatedly over multiple characters and then rejoin into the same round as the same character after they were swapped out earlier in the round. They said they didn't have a choice with the name, I said "Don't you know how to change it?" and that he should ahelp if he doesn't know how to do something but knows there's an issue and he said he did, he clearly did not given he had the same name. At that point, Drago took the opportunity to instruct me not to talk to them in LOOC. My issue wasn't handled, and the player was clearly not aware of how to change their name. Drago then banned me for being a dick. I'm fairly certain Drago did this specifically as an attack on me, as she was able to use my prior notes against me for arguing in LOOC. The fact that this LOOC interaction was literally just me asking them why they would do something, and why they didn't just ahelp or know how to change it themself- that this is what is considered faux pas, when the other actual notes are for actually arguing and swearing- it's literally picking at anything similar to my history in order to ban me.
Additional remarks:

d1ef8fdfa8.png

5c92d48901.png

ea1e08abbd.png

09ee875510.png

8db2823e97.png

You linked me to a non exsistant rule that was not even relevant to the current issue at hand. They could not change there name when they were a raider and had tried to but could not due to a bug. I said i'm not going to punish them for this and you asked for the ticket to be closed and approached the player and confronted them on the issue in a manner that is blatantly disrespectful and demeaning to talk down at people like this. You were talked to back in May about doing this, to which you harassed a player over discord about a issues that happened in the round. Players should not come here and have people demean and talk down at them, its treating them like children and is generally disrespectful to do. You have little trust in staff handling the issue and that is evidently clear by you attempting to resolve it yourself and not trusting that the issue was addressed (I had already looked into the issue.)

Afterwords you went to DM me to accuse me of lieing and holding some grudge to which I blocked you. I have nothing against you, but I do not and will not tolerate players demeaning other players and acting as backseat moderators when they don't get there way.

I won't be replying further to this unless asked to or needing to rebuttal.

No, I don't trust you- you want to say I went after them and followed them- I was already there, they walked to where I was. You were already creating a narrative to back up your decision. So I know you have something against me, otherwise you wouldn't have started making up a narrative. I know everyone here has something against me, or is just trying to use me for some end. I don't trust you- you even lied to me in the ahelp saying it wasn't an issue, when clearly it was given you now claim to have talked to the player and figured out why their name was what it was. Even then, given I was WATCHING them set up for the gimmick earlier in the round and did not see the player attempt to fix the name, I have every reason to question why they didn't just change their name, and doubt it was a bug. Later in the round when the player in question was swapped out the new terminator was given a name prompt, so it was not bugged but just a failure to communicate. Given how easy it was for them to give the next player a name prompt. Or maybe they changed it directly. I don't know, but I do know they fixed their name.

And yeah, I did DM you. And never again, because you fabricated a narrative in order to ban me, and that's not something I think a person without a strong distaste for another does.

2 hours ago, AmoryBlaine said:

I ran into the player because they were gearing up and I was checking on the armory returns at the end of the round. I asked them why they'd use it repeatedly over multiple characters and then rejoin into the same round as the same character after they were swapped out earlier in the round.

According to your notes you have some incidents where you've done something problematic. That thing is approaching people in LOOC, DMs or other forms of chat and expressing your distaste or displeasure at the actions they took. 

image.png.756aeaf6a589e0f05bc895b6ba4033c6.png

Like here

image.png.be33635ac028224ef44270eb44439aa5.png

And here

The key words on this one are "it wont happen again". I might be willing to believe you just HAPPENED to stumble upon the player in question after your ahelp did not end in satisfaction but considering you exhibited the same problematic behavior as in this notes i am afraid i doubt that. I think its very obvious to anyone that reads your looc messages in those screenshots would say you're coming off as condescending and rude. Even if i am willing to believe you did not chase after the player i would still agree with this temp ban. This is three times now you've done this. Enough is enough. 

Neither note had any actual description, as to obfuscate what happened in each case. What is clear is both instances are seemingly written as though I am a partial victim. Now knowing that Drago had direct involvement in a prior case I have even more suspicion that this was malicious because of how easy it would be to use the similarities between the prior note and the current situation to create a narrative.

Dude.... come... on First off this is how we write notes. We give a short description of the incident and also what happened as a result. Usually along the lines of "dont do this please". You have one note about being mean in LOOC. It was bad enough to get you a note. However one incident is understandable and thats why its just a note. You then did it again and it was even over discord this time. Then you did it a third time now.

Do you think we just write notes for any reason we want? That we just made this is all up to ban you or what? I see a pattern of behavior and i see clear escalation to it. You where not temp banned out of no where. 

Why should I trust either you, or Fowl- or frankly anyone on the staff team- to not be purposely trying to fuck with me? This is why I don't trust this system to begin with. I know I fucked up, but I do think you write notes for any reason you want- that's exactly why half the time anyone asks for their notes, they're denied a viewing. Because notes exist as a means of justifying staff to do stuff like this. Why are we not allowed to contest them? They're vague, in order to be repurposed as evidence of patterns of behavior even if the incident they're being applied to isn't anywhere similar. You want to pretend that what I was saying to that guy in LOOC was so mean- at most it was a bit rude, I'm not the one swearing or calling people cunts there. I was told there was zero issue with him re-purposing his name, LadyFowl chose to focus on my ahelp from the view of whether or not it's okay to intentionally keep re-using your name, when- evidently- he was just unaware of how to fix it. I don't think Fowl intended to educate the player on how to go about changing their name, nor alleviate my misinterpretation of the situation as the player intentionally keeping their name across characters, because they didn't intend on actually helping me at all but rather just telling me that it's okay to re-use your character name as your off-station antag name, and then re-joining the round later as the same name but as your station character- nevermind the fact that this player clearly was not aware of how to fix the problem, and simply stating that would have actually handled my ahelp.

They do this fairly often- a lot of staff do. They take my ahelp then try to twist it around, or misinterpret parts, or focus on portions and then I tell them to close it. Because I know they're just fucking with me, and have no intention of actually helping.

The fact that they chose to approach the situation in this manner, is evidence of their malicious intent. They wanted to make sure I didn't fully understand why the player did what they did, they wanted to make me feel as though I was wrong in my suspicion of there being something wrong about the use of the name repeatedly, when I wasn't entirely wrong because the player was just misinformed.

1 hour ago, AmoryBlaine said:

They do this fairly often- a lot of staff do. They take my ahelp then try to twist it around, or misinterpret parts, or focus on portions and then I tell them to close it. Because I know they're just fucking with me, and have no intention of actually helping.

You suspect they are just fucking with you. There is no evidence available to you, since you have neither insight into how your ticket was handled nor what steps where taken by staff. Please do not handle a feeling, thought or suspicion as a fact. The staff team does not get that luxury, hence why we act in good faith until proven otherwise.

1 hour ago, AmoryBlaine said:

Why should I trust either you, or Fowl- or frankly anyone on the staff team- to not be purposely trying to fuck with me?

You do not have to trust any of us. It does not change anything for us though. The idea that any of us hold a grudge against you is countered by you being in the community. If one staff member would go out of their way to remove you, it would have happened already. What I can frequently observe is that players get piled with their staff team due to matching timezones and while it may feel like you always get the same three people answering your ticket it does not mean they didn't handle a hundred other ones in the meantime.

About the current staff teams attitude: This forum here is your best indicator of the mentality. None of us have to engage in this discussion, reply or treat it as a fair complaint and investigate. Yet we take the time to do so. Neither Fowl nor Garn have turned the stick around, mentioning that you have an obvious issue with the two (or the entire staff team) as an argument to take you less serious. Instead you get the same treatment as every other player would, which in my eyes does not put you below or above the rest of our playerbase.

2 hours ago, AmoryBlaine said:

I know I fucked up, but I do think you write notes for any reason you want- that's exactly why half the time anyone asks for their notes, they're denied a viewing.

We use notes to let other staff know what to keep an eye out for and what you as the player have been spoken to about (i.e. Informed about a rule). If you have been spoken about this multiple times and decide to not change it, we escalate to punishment. A note is not punishment. We do not have to publish notes. As a rule of thumb you usually get to many notes before we take a closer look and decide to punish on the next offense (this usually is in a note, too).

Well as i have already explained i am afraid i do find that this temporary ban is appropriate. I would prefer you not walk away from this thinking the big bad admins are trying to kick you out of aurora but it seems there nothing i can do about that. I will be locking and archiving this in 24 hours. 

• Cnaym locked this topic