[QAccepted]Zundy's Dionae Whitelist App

BYOND Key: zundy

Character Names: Dante Volvalaad, Malji Akadi, Iskanz Sal'Dans, Itzel Olyan

Species you are applying to play: Dionae.

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

The Dionae are one of those races that at first glance seems initially to be difficult to roleplay as, and or think of concepts for by virtue of them being one of the most actual alien races in setting. Recently I've just become inspired to make a character off the back of the lore team's good work in making them more accessible. I know some new and exciting changes are in the works and I'd also like to be part of it in game when the time comes.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Of course you have the mechanical aspects that reflect in their general mannerisms such as the need for light causing a Dionae to dress differently etc, but for me Dionae are one of the more alien races of the setting by virtue of their biology. Critically, Dionae operate as a gestalt of shared minds and experiences meaning they're more likely to avoid situations where damage might occur. Why? Let's use an extreme case. For a human let's say you were to lose a hand in a terrible floor length braid industrial accident. Not great but not terrible in our setting of cloned limbs and mechanical augmentations. Lose your "hand" as a Diona? That's a nymph gone. That's your memories and experiences of the woman who grew you atrophied, perhaps even gone from your gestalt consciousness. Dionae may be physically robust, but they, to my mind, are far less likely to throw themselves into the breach for fear of losing their mind, literally. In the case of Euphoric below, a scientist and an intellectual, this is a horrifying thought and not something any other playable species in setting has to contend with. Potentially having to sacrifice your actual self in some situations.

Character Name: Euphoric in the Goddess's Radiance

Please provide a short backstory for this character:

Euphoric in the Goddess's Radiance (Euphoric) was grown as its individual nymphs within the Royal Gardens on Moroz, Dominia. Fed the finest soils, waters and bloods Euphoric absorbed the imperial "truth" of Dominia and the Tribunal's superiority with gusto, leading to the creation of a well educated and loyal subject of the Empire. Euphoric spent much of his time further learning Dominian philosophy alongside Tribunal and Sk'akh theology, enjoying debates with the other gestalts and nymphs within the garden as well as with the occasional visitor.

Eventually, Euphoric was presented to a noble of House Volvalaad as a royal gift and thus began working in the Volvalaad Bio-labs as a scientist. This was a euphoric experience for Euphoric :^) as they were able to access a new world of learning and practical experiences which had previously been largely unknown to them. Now, Euphoric finds themselves with the opportunity from his House to travel and work within one of the most advanced research facilities in know space, the NSS Aurora, another avenue for experience and development especially within the bio-sciences. Perhaps Euphoric will be able to show those snivelling pagans a thing or two about Dominian super science and industry.     

What do you like about this character?

That I'll be able to say "in this moment I am euphoric" repeatedly icly and not get into trouble and finally ERP as an actual plant.  I think Euphoric is a good baseline. Not an absolute blank slate but someone who's lack of experiences (living in a garden then a lab most his life) gives me room to grow the character organically as they interact with other crew members in game. I've given him a cheeky superiority complex so I can use him to poke other crew members but tempered with upper class Dominian culture so he won't be so abrasive as to be frustrating for other players to roleplay with. A good starting point in my opinion.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

I think it's quite good, I try my best to involve other people and get involved in other's shenanigans as best I can to keep a round alive.

Notes:

Everyone, (staff & players) let me know what you think generally and if you have any suggestions on what you think might be cool to add to the character if anything.

Hi there!

This application seems neat! I do have a questions, however; 

What job will Euphoric undertake aboard the NSS Aurora?

How does Euphoric look toward other Dionae? Those that do not follow the Tribunal. 

I assume Euphoric will share the same hatred to IPC than their human counterparts?

I'm going to have Euphoric be a Scientist in R&D for now, likely a xenobiologist. 

Euphoric follows the same standard towards other Dionae as most other Dionae would (if they're a venerable, learned gestalt Euphoric has much respect for them and if they're young, inexperienced baby gestalts and nymphs Euphoric would want to educate them). That being said Euphoric is very much a product of Imperial propaganda and their method of learning will be very heavy with Dominian philosophy, alongside an undertone of inherent superiority by vitrue of Euphoric's birth.

Due to their upbringing and their learning Euphoric would share the same hatred of IPCs, positronics and AIs. Euphoric actually believes that Dionae gestalts integrated into ship systems and infrastructure would make an excellent alternative to abhorrent synthetics within the Empire as they can process the same information with the same speed and, Euphoric believes, would not be so prone to isolation as other large gestalts due to their faith and commitment to the Empire at large.

I have not played with Zundy as i go to bed when he starts playing so i cannot vouch for his role of the play BUT!!!

The idea of a dionae hailing from the Dominian cluster is something that thrills me as it combines my favourite human lore and my favourite race lore. I would like to see more of them and how a dominian dionae would play and react aswell as how prone they would be to showing the dominian side. The doubts i may have had have already been thoroughly cleared on the answer given to Caelphon.

+1 

• Yonnimer changed the title to [QAccepted]Zundy's Dionae Whitelist App
  • Yonnimer locked this topic