Drinking Buddies

Jamini

So, as most of us know by now OOCly, Aurora goes to shit often. Things fall apart, the people die have died, and atmosphere slow vents out while engineering and atmospherics scramble to keep the hull intact. Then, wonderfully, some kind soul calls a shuttle so that we can leave.

As everyone is scrambling to escape to get to Odin and their home/loved ones/bed, often there is one thing that many people talk about: Drinking. Sometimes in excess to forget a horrible day.

So I've been curious! Who are your character(s) drinking buddies for post shift? What does YOUR character drink post shift? How many times has your character woken up with a hangover so massive that they never, ever want to return to work? Inquiring minds want to know!

That's a good question.

I assume Samantha at the end of the day sometimes go out with her friends and colleagues for drinks, but she mostly goes home after work and smoke a bowl, probably. (I think marijuana is legal after hundreds of years???)

I never really thought about this, mainly because the only roleplaying I do of her after work is very little. I will actually think about this.

Camile has a fridge full of booze at home, as expected of any bartender. She doesn't cook very well, possibly the only thing she can do is grill meat or cook spaghetti.

She occasionally orders pizza while her friends take their shoes off and put their feet on the table and watch the thunderdome game. They'll enjoy a bottle of vodka (totally not stolen from the booze-o-mat at Aurora from her bartender shift) or whiskey and mix with a bit of coke or even more whiskey lemonade.

igam, Beatrix, Camile and a couple of others will cheer loudly at the thunderdome games and Camile's a huge sports fan, even if she's not committed to any team. She's secretly smitten by the Audromeda thunderdome player Ulysses but will not tell anyone this. Camile has terrible hangovers and probably will call in sick very often. She throws parties every weekend and is a wreck by Sunday evening.

She lives with a roommate Donny Davidson, an abandoned chav on the beach she found. He's her pet.

To further the alcohol abuse this bartender does, she'll often run down to the club and meet new people while trying not to puke on them. She's not in any way an alcoholic, just a bored person with a tough liver.

Elena doesn't have any drinking budies and has quit drinking. She was pretty wild in her youth, but now, she's activelly trying to reform and escape from it. She's not lonely, however, she has loved ones that keep her happy.

Elena goes home, tends to her plants and reads. Also, checks the stock prices, news, etc. When that's done, she goes to sleep.

If people ask her to go out for a drink, unless it has a romantic undertone, she'll accept the offer. In that case, she'll most likely drink coffee or a bit of Alcohol.

Bryce after a long day of shouting at people, being immature, smoking cigars and being un-robust goes with a bunch of his Tajara friends and drinks hard booze. His main man, Hakra, is his drinking buddy, they go to Biesel, head to one of their apartments and drink booze. Sometimes he'll drink with Karima on the Odin, sometimes he'll just drink with a stranger or another officer and just learn about the world. What it's like on New Gibson, or how's it like to be on another vessel.

When he's really stressed after a hard day, he'll skip hanging out with friends and smoke a joint (Ambrosia Vulgaris = Weed).

That's a good question.

I assume Samantha at the end of the day sometimes go out with her friends and colleagues for drinks, but she mostly goes home after work and smoke a bowl, probably. (I think marijuana is legal after hundreds of years???)

I never really thought about this, mainly because the only roleplaying I do of her after work is very little. I will actually think about this.

Considering our form of cannabis is Ambrosia Vulgaris, it probably is decriminalized but not technically legal.

Jo'Zahs drinking buddies would be Karima and Nasir, although on station she drinks with aaron on a regular basis. She prefers to drink tea after work, but will totally jump at the chance to go out drinking. also she totally plans on recruiting Rasine into a drinking buddy

Michael is an alcoholic and it's well known that he has a taste for three drinks.

1. His usually sipping whiskey - Gits

2. When he wants to celebrate - Jailbreaker

3 When he's pissed off - Warlocks velvet.

Michael's drinking buddies haven't changed in years. Nikolai Petirovksy, The man Michael always wants to have with him in a gunfight. Lysanuh Dilgan, the son Michael always wanted and finally Monroe Sagan, Michael's dearest friend.

These three people Michael trusts with his life and that means he trusts them with his drink too.