Staff Complaint - Snakebittenn

BYOND Key: Colfer
Staff BYOND Key: snakebittenn
Game ID: I didnt collect the game ID at the time, this was the round before as of current posting.
Reason for complaint: 
I do not agree with snakebittenns ban reasoning and wish to have a second look at my ban. (1 week)(10080 minutes)

Regarding Quote "Murdered someone within 2 minutes of spawning, intentionally did not RP with victims":
1( This player was a Security Warden. I had full confidence that if I didnt shut them up immediately, they'd have screamed over every communication channel simultaneously of our location and intentions. At the time I looked in all of the containers on my person for some means of disabling them non-lethally but only had my sword, so I decided to rush them before they could get away and tell everybody and kill them. It is true that the only thing I said was "We will have to kill them." at the time but even though it was intentional, I would have rather liked to RP conversions and such, but the pylon turret would have shot them anyway so even if we somehow knocked them out and restrained them, the turret would have shot them to death. On the subject of them being 2 minutes into spawning, 1( I was consumed with fufilling cultist objectives and using communication runes that I was tunnel visioned and didnt even look at the radio to know this. 

2( I would have loved to RP with people, but bloodcult is an inherently bloody gamemode and at the stage we were in we already had killed several people and had mechanized suits coming for us. There was little RP that could have been done aside from me giving up and getting arrested.

Regarding Quote "Set up a cult base on the construction level to elevator fish for conversions"
1( This was far from the reason why we wanted to setup there. I knew that the easiest way in was the elevators and there was no other determinable way in for anybody at the time if the elevators were to shut down. Initally I had used wall runes on the open doors to keep them open so that the elevator wouldnt have gone down or up, preventing any entry not using a teleporter rune. The problem was that we had no way out because none of the other cultists were creating teleportation runes despite countless communications used, so I removed the walls and went in the elevator instead. The elevator went up when somebody pushed the button, so I just thought that it would be an easy conversion and hit the emergancy stop when we were going back down, initally I had just wanted to shower off the blood from my diona. This was the only instance of 'elevator fishing' used and I understand why this is bad, but it was just a spur of the moment thing.

Other information about the round: The cult was pretty disorganized and this was my first time trying to act as a leader which worked for the most part up until this moment. I generally am more comfortable taking orders instead of giving them out which was pretty overwhelming to maintain alot of things in the cult.

Evidence/logs/etc:
I logged out of frustration when the ban hit, and regret not collecting some more evidence

https://gyazo.com/8ac7c17674d3164a55c4054c5bbb6eee
\ The ban reason when attempting to return to aurora.

Additional remarks:
1( I am not going to be playing blood cult again after this, and my stance on it has changed for the negative.
2( I feel that the duration of the ban was exceeding a (as far as I can remember) first time offense with legitimate reasoning behind it. I do not recall being warned or talked to about this anytime before
3( I admit that I shouldnt have stopped the elevator in order to catch the mechatronic engineer who was going down it, this was a legitimate fault on my end.
4( The warden immediately came down to the construction level presumably just after having spawned.
5( I respect snakebittenn giving me time to stop what I was doing before we began talking

Okay, so.
I took issue with multiple things here.
While it is possible that the Warden could've squealed, the following facts remain true. You had the advantage by having them on your home turf. You could've easily blocked the elevator or even got in there and stop it. I can assume you had ample time to prepare things like stun talismans or runes to not have to kill.
The base act of using the elevator to fish for converts even once. I'd rather you abduct people from dark maintenance tunnels than ever use the main way people get to the main level. Yet you all set up the shooty pylons infront of the elevators and did so anyway.
The fact that you've been playing here for just under a year and should've known better.
However, I'll concede that a week was probably excessive. I still think your actions merit punishment, but maybe 7 days was too much.

Hello, I played the warden that was murdered in this round. I want to comment on one thing.

4( The warden immediately came down to the construction level presumably just after having spawned.

I did not willingly come down to the construction level. Your fellow cultist, Julius Chet, stopped the elevator while I was traveling downwards. Shortly after I asked what you were doing. you walked forward and began stabbing me to death while I was completely unarmed. You then did the same thing to two other people.

I spent more time in transit on the transfer shuttle than I spent alive on the Aurora. It was an utterly miserable experience.

1 minute ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

I did not willingly come down to the construction level. Your fellow cultist, Julius Chet, stopped the elevator while I was traveling downwards. Shortly after I asked what you were doing. you walked forward and began stabbing me to death while I was completely unarmed. You then did the same thing to two other people.

Sorry, I hadnt figured somebody stopped the elevator, I just thought somebody was coming up to see what was going on

12 minutes ago, Snakebittenn said:

The fact that you've been playing here for just under a year and should've known better.

You are right, I probably should have moved the shooting pylons back into storage so they could be used in the event of an attack, I didnt know you could actually move them until after the ahelp had started and I pushed one by mistake, I didnt want to break it because we spent effort and resources to make it an actual turret

Okay. After some discussion and log-diving, we're going to go ahead and unban you here, replacing your ban with a warning.

We will also be noting the other cultists that participated in the elevator-grabbing, and Paradox will be spoken to about jumping to severe punishments so quickly, along with even dispersal of punishments to everyone involved in rule-breaking.