Staff Complaint - Garnascus

BYOND Key: MrGabol100
Staff BYOND Key: Garnascus
Game ID: null
Reason for complaint: I had a staff complaint closed on the grounds that "my defense was thin" without having a chance to argue.
Evidence/logs/etc: 

image.png.c4211a60cbfa31394ffbd16473e78494.png

As I would like to believe the Head Administrator is not free from criticism and I'd be rather dissapointed if I were to be banned from the forums for attempting to defend myself.

The original reason for the ban is that I made a Swatting Threat, which factually never happened, nor had I the intent for it to take place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intention_(criminal_law)

As I, at no point made a threat to SWAT the subject in question I believe that the original reason for the ban ought to be void. It was acknowledged that there was no intent to make a SWATting attempt, nor did it take place. Therefore I demand an explanation as to why I have an "absurdly thin defense". After which the thread was promptly locked without me having a chance to say anything back.

Edited by MrGabol100
2 minutes ago, Garnascus said:

You're persistent I'll give you that.

I'm sorry if I'm trying to get back to play on the server and believe I was unjustly banned for something I genuinely didn't do, while having to jump through hoops in order to defend myself for a shitty joke I made 3 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Garnascus said:

Not gonna happen man. Sorry.

Why would that be?

Is there an actual argument against me? Proof that I participated in a SWATting action (Which didn't take place)?

This is ridiculous.

I am banned for suppossedly participating in illegal activities, this never happened, therefore I am unjustly banned. I believe it is rather straight-forward.

Edited by MrGabol100

What is ridiculous is you trying to claim this is all a joke. Its very clear you supported it. The second we posted proof you back peddled from "I was not involved at all" to "Ok but it was just a joke". There is nothing for you here. I am sure you're welcome on a number of other RP servers. Go have fun on them. 

22 minutes ago, Garnascus said:

What is ridiculous is you trying to claim this is all a joke. Its very clear you supported it. The second we posted proof you back peddled from "I was not involved at all" to "Ok but it was just a joke". There is nothing for you here. I am sure you're welcome on a number of other RP servers. Go have fun on them. 

There was never a swatting threat, it was a joke as I was rather obviously joking in case you haven't actually read through the messages you're using as supposed proof. image.png.1449b1098ff8c04f82d13b592415d64b.pngimage.png.8f0baf0c1c68890b277e1fbad8c1c956.png

Do you think Vova is a real person? Or Dimitri? Or that I have offshore accounts in Russia? And pay them in cigarettes?

I'm sorry if you've misinterpreted it, but there was never an actual attempt of a SWATting happening nor was there ever an intent to SWAT anyone.

I'll say again. I never made a threat to SWAT the subject, I never SWATted him, nor had I ever an intent to do either.

It seems to me that you're absolutely opposed to unbanning me while having no solid argument or evidence as to why I should stay banned. The fact of the matter is that this WAS a shitty joke no matter how you look at it and nothing ever came out of it because it wasn't serious. Someone decided to take pictures of it and present it in a server completely unrelated to the event and I catch flak for supposed illegal activities?

Tell me, what illegal thing have I done?

Edited by MrGabol100
2 minutes ago, Garnascus said:

Look at this way. We are actually doing you a favor. You seem like a fun guy and this is a no fun allowed server. I heard baystation is doing well these days. Go play there. 

Deflecting and telling me to go play elsewhere is a rather shitty thing to say and you're being rather rude. I don't believe I was ever rude to you.image.thumb.png.d9bfd0ade5fa1309ea4a6b3063abdabb.png

Besides I would like to remind you of the sub-forum rules. It doesn't matter who I am or how I am. Why are you attacking me personally?

The fact of the matter is that I was banned for supposed illegal activities, which never happened. Not only did they not happen but there was no intention towards them happening.

Could you please not evade the argument and attack my person?

I would like to bring to attention Garnascus' inflamatory post which breaks multiple sub-forum rules, as it now stands deleted. 

image.thumb.png.55a4fb3e1829b1e8ceff8eabdb10f5a6.png

Seems to me rather inappropriate and unbecoming of the Head Admin to post something like this.

Edited by MrGabol100

While we apologize for Garn's outburst, your ban will remain in place. We will ask Garn to better control himself in the future.

Participating in a group which is "joking" about swatting and doxxing someone falls well into a category of activities for which we apply cross-server bans. Attempting to shrug it off as a joke, despite the nature of the "joke", is also incredibly poor taste.

As such, the leadership of this server wants absolutely nothing further to do with you, as a player, on our server.