PR: https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/11651

So I had a few requests to make purely RP prescriptions available in the loadout, as well as some resistance as it would give the pharmacist less RP when they are around and do fill out the prescriptions. So here is a feedback thread so all of that can be solved along with attempting to find out a balance between the dosages, amount of pills and so on to make it more balanced. Mind that the intention of this PR is to only add purely roleplaying medicines to the loadout. Currently the PR adds:

• 1 list containing all the listed prescriptions (meaning only one can be taken with them on the station)
  • Each pill is currently 2 units.
  • Each bottle contains 3 units.
  • The following prescriptions are included: 
    • Corophenidate
    • Emoxanyl
    • Minaphobin
    • Nerospectan
    • Neuropan
    • Neurostabin
    • Orastabin
    • Parvosil

I really like the idea and the number of pills look pretty good for me, though I'd recommend removing Corophenidate, Neurapan and Nerospectan because they are the only psych chems with actual mechanical benefit to them, which is reducing the Hallucination strength. (Corophenidate removes Hallucinations at the same rate as Synaptizine, while Neurapan and Nerospectan are actually stronger than Synap in this regard from what I can remember)

Other than that, any previous concerns I had during the conversations I managed to participate in are no longer a problem, as Brain Traumas Mechanics were axed and the Withdrawal Traumas also removed fully. Good luck with the PR dude!

Seems good. It's just RP fluff now, so as vis said, we don't have to worry about withdrawal effects and such. Going to second removing the three Vis mentioned as they do provide mechanical benefit.

Chemist is one of my favorite roles. It doesn't remove all that much RP; they still need to see us for other medications/scripts. It's not a whole lot missing, and if they want to forgo the medication in the loadout to have more interaction with chemists, they can. As these are 100% RP fluff, I'm good with adding them. People who want to RP with chemistry can still do so.

On 12/04/2021 at 21:18, VisVirific said:

I really like the idea and the number of pills look pretty good for me, though I'd recommend removing Corophenidate, Neurapan and Nerospectan because they are the only psych chems with actual mechanical benefit to them, which is reducing the Hallucination strength. (Corophenidate removes Hallucinations at the same rate as Synaptizine, while Neurapan and Nerospectan are actually stronger than Synap in this regard from what I can remember)

feedback taken. I have removed the 3 mentioned pills from the loadout options. If there is no more comments/feedback by tomorrow then I think i'll mark the PR for review then and then we can see how this works out after it is merged.

• Gem locked this topic