Playbahnosh's Command Application

BYOND key: playbahnosh
Character names:
LEVIATHAN - your friendly neighborhood spiderborg
ASPERA - Engineer (hopefully CE)
HALCYON - Physician/Surgeon (hopefully CMO)
Gunter Koch - Pharmacist
Jurgen Mauser - Surgeon
Jason Delano - EMT
Kenichi Furukawa - Miner/QM (someday maybe HoP)
Takahiro Furukawa - Counselor
Kimiko Mizuno - Psychologist
Cornelius Seeger - Chef
Yin Zheng - Janitor
Arthemus Black - Roboticist
Akio Shimoda - Security Officer/Investigator

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
Little more than 3 years with some gaps.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
Sure, I got bwoinked on occasion, but it's just mundane stuff. Pressing the wrong buttons, accidentally memeing in main comms, icky in ocky, nothing major. No bans or anything of the sort.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
Basically the same as the IC purpose IMHO. That is, be an example to other players, both in conduct and in RP. Being a Head of Staff is not a right, it's a privilege that has to be earned by proving oneself to be capable, reliable and being able to perform the duties assigned to that role, both in gameplay and RP. Such a privilege comes with responsibilities, not just ICly, but OOCly as well, such as providing guidance, helping new players and to make sure everything runs smoothly. Conversely, if someone abuses their role by thinking they are above the rules, powergaming or acting the fool, these privileges can and should be taken from them. A Head of Staff needs to be knowledgeable about the entire department they supervise, and this includes all the jobs, mechanics, gameplay and the RP that happens in that department. In OOC terms this includes trying to help people with questions someone might have about that department, it's jobs and how stuff works to the best of your abilities, and striving to make the round fun and enjoyable for everyone.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
Basically the same as the IC responsibilities IMHO. That is, be an example to other players, both in conduct and in RP. Being whitelisted for a role is not a right, it's a privilege that has to be earned by proving oneself to be capable, reliable and being able to perform the duties assigned to that role, both in gameplay and RP. Such a privilege comes with responsibilities, not just ICly, but OOCly as well, such as providing guidance, helping new players and to make sure everything runs smoothly. Conversely, if someone abuses their role by thinking they are above the rules, powergaming or acting the fool, these privileges can and should be taken from them. A whitelisted player needs to be knowledgeable about the role they are whitelisted for, and this includes all the jobs, mechanics, gameplay and the RP that happens in that role. In OOC terms this includes trying to help people with questions someone might have about that role and how stuff works, to the best of your abilities, and striving to make the round fun and enjoyable for everyone.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
The recent events that pushed Sol and the Orion Spur into utter chaos had a sweeping effect on everyone. The ever worsening phoron shortage kicked in the nuts by the Clandestine Incident and the Violet Bullshit turning half of Mars into a scorched wasteland made interested parties and industries starting to give up on phoron as a viable resource altogether. With Einstein Engines promoting their phoron-free alternatives, other factions and corporations have started to heavily invest in research into phoron-less technologies as their reliance on this ever scarcer resource shackled them to the mast of this sinking ship. ASPERA has been diligently working in Aurora's Engineering Department for many cycles, and has been one of the strongest proponents of renewable energy, the phoron-less Tesla reactor and promoting power saving and efficiency throughout the station systems and the department. With disasters, battles and power struggles sweeping the universe at large, dependable and capable technical personnel have became an incredibly valuable asset to corporations. Based on his dependable work history, drive for efficiency and technology, ASPERA was promoted to lead the engineering team on Aurora as Chief Engineer in the hopes that he will get the department - and the station - through what is to come.
HALCYON has been recently acquired by NT after a remarkable performance exhibited during his tenure in Aurora's Medical Bay. Brought on as a stopgap measure to shore up Aurora's dwindling medical staff, HALCYON has been shown to be a surprisingly great asset to the department. Aside from his surgical knowledge and capabilities, HALCYON has shown great interest in getting new arrivals and interns up to speed in Medical Bay protocols and making sure the department runs smoothly and efficiently even in the absence of a CMO. As recent events and tragedies made capable medical personnel very sought after, HALCYON's fortune came to a turning point. Based on his performance reports NT has immediately purchased HALCYON's contract from Zeng-Hu and moved to promote HALCYON to a provisionary CMO status, to see if the IPCs stellar performance is only a flash in the pan, or he can really really get the department - and the station- through what is to come.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
To be honest, this entire app was spurred by me wanting to play the new matriarch drone in engineering which requires a command whitelist. But I thought about it a lot more and decided to make the leap to command proper. I would mostly play CE and CMO for the time being, and maybe try HoP later. I'm not interested in HoS, RD or Captain, but who knows, maybe someday.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Definitely. Especially the bad jokes.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
ASPERA - Chief Engineer
HALCYON - Chief Medical Officer
(Kenichi Furukawa - Head of Personnel, maybe)

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes.

Extra notes: The similarity for the Head of Staff and Whitelist OOC question is not laziness or me taking the piss, I was just trying to be clever in pointing out the connection between the two. I can write something else if it's needed.

Edited by Playbahnosh
borked formatting

I've played with many of Playbahnosh's characters lately. They are competent in roleplay, and seem to know the game mechanics very well. In addition to this, they are pretty fun to be around OOCly. All in all, I think a command whitelist would be perfect for them and there will be no issues. 

+1

Just played a round with Playbahnosh's ASPERA on Engineering and they were incredibly professional and in-character the whole time. I main Station Engineer exclusively so I can't attest to their knowledge of other departments, but they seem like exactly the kind of person you'd want as CE: level-headed and knowledgeable. +1

I've seen ASPERA and LEVIATHAN sometimes when playing my own cyborgs and can attest that they are pretty good at what they do as far as I've seen while playing AI and maintenance drone, though I havent seen many of their other characters. Still a +1 from me