LordFowl

"Weapon #1

Severity: severe

Hits by weapon: 8

Approximate time of wound infliction: 12:47

Affected limbs: chest, head, right arm, left arm

Possible weapons:

100% The arm blade"

I think that speaks for itself. It's really immersion breaking, compared to this one:

"Weapon #2

Severity: severe

Hits by weapon: 2

Approximate time of wound infliction: 12:50

Affected limbs: chest, left arm

Possible weapons:

100% large organic needle"

This message at least gives a sense of mystery, and certainly preserves the aura of immersion.

changeling large organic needles use spaghetti snowflake codes to do. the rest of the weapons show up as what they are named and i don't really think the formula is worth changing.

so unless you want changelings smacking people with large organic blades (think of the children) we need actual suggestions for how to fix instead of 'please fix'

I've always found the description oddly specific for an autopsy. It'd take hours, if not days of work to figure out the exact weapon used on a victim; why not instead limit our autopsy results to what sorts of variables the weapon has. Does it have an edge? Is it sharp? Was the death due to bludgeoning? Burns from a hot (like a laser) or cold (like a freeze ray) source? Suffocation, toxins, etc? Using general descriptors instead of "hello this was the weapon used" seems like a way to foster more actual detective work, rather than "oh, we know who has access to hatchets, gg case closed."

Seconding what Brage said.

It'd be nice if we could get more vague autopsy data like "Bald Mcgrief was killed by an incredibly sharp, long object" instead of "Bald Mcgrief was killed by an e-sword". Or something similliar to that.

Seconding what Brage said.

It'd be nice if we could get more vague autopsy data like "Bald Mcgrief was killed by an incredibly sharp, long object" instead of "Bald Mcgrief was killed by an e-sword". Or something similliar to that.

An esword would like have burning on the wounds, indicating 'Bald Mcgrief was killed by a long, energy based weapon' or something like that. But that's just semantics. I like this idea.

I've always found the description oddly specific for an autopsy. It'd take hours, if not days of work to figure out the exact weapon used on a victim; why not instead limit our autopsy results to what sorts of variables the weapon has. Does it have an edge? Is it sharp? Was the death due to bludgeoning? Burns from a hot (like a laser) or cold (like a freeze ray) source? Suffocation, toxins, etc? Using general descriptors instead of "hello this was the weapon used" seems like a way to foster more actual detective work, rather than "oh, we know who has access to hatchets, gg case closed."

It also takes days for DNA results to get back, and for wounds to heal, and for surgical scars to heal, and so on and so forth.

This game is not very realistic. I am fine with how it is now. Autopsy reports would be entirely useless otherwise. Also, tool marks bruh.

It would be nice to have some wound categories (slashes from organic blade would become "severe lacerations" or something), but as duck said, what the game does right now is simply look for the weapon name and that's it.

What you're asking for basically requires a major autopsy overhaul.

What /I/ am asking is just to change the name of the arm blade. I don't really see the issue with Changelings smacking people with large organic sticks (children be damned). The ability can still be called arm blade, because that's a sweet name, but the weapon it spawns should have a more vague name. This would also work to advantage of atmosphere when people see the message logs for the arm blade's attack, if the assault is discovered or blatant.