Character Adoption Thread

I've been thinking about making this thread for a while. This is a thread for those who:

• are Meowy have too many characters to fit in their setup and need a good spring clean.
  • have too many character ideas than they know what to do with.
  • are stuck for character ideas.
  • are bored with their own characters.
  • want others to play characters that they themselves want to interact with, e.g. family members, figures from their past.
  • want to play someone's neglected side character.

The idea, then, is to:

• post here with the character(s) you don't mind letting other people play, using the template below.
  • wait for a response, either by this thread or PM or whatever else.
  • decide whether or not you want to let that person play the character.
  • update your advertisement accordingly.
  • notify the person of this, and let them know any Character Setup things, details, or development you wish to conserve.

Here is the template:

[b]Player Key:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation(s):[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Available:[/b] Y/N

The description field can be as long or short as you like. Recommended information to put in there includes appearance and/or flavourtext, personality, and direction of development.

DISCLAIMER: This system operates on a sort of trust exercise. Theoretically, you could give someone a character, and have the person totally change who they are, in your eyes. They could even end up neglecting them, too, and not putting them back on to adoption after they're done. The risk of this is undeniable. Therefore, keep this in mind when giving away a character; if you are even slightly attached to them, seeing them go in a completely different direction may result in negative feelings.

I hope this thread fulfils its purpose. Happy Adoptions, everyone~

Edited by Guest

Player Key: Keinto

Character Name: Leo Wyatt

Character Age:31

Occupation(s):Detective. (CSI is fine as well, but Detective is preferable)

Description:

Leo Wyatt is an eccentric man who is obsessed with "Dramatic Lighting", that is to say, dimly lit rooms that create a lot of shadows on the subjects. When no one is looking, he will remove and throw away the lights in a room until he gets the look he wants. He loves being theatrical, both at work and off-duty. He moves slower than most people so they may look at his beloved hat and coat. When he's not working with Nanotrasen, he does freelance work as the founder and probably only member of "The Quiet Company". His friends and acquaintances on-station include:

Phoebe Essel

Senri Ishikawa

Luna Fountain

Imraj Brar

Leonin Smithe

Nasir Ha'kim

Fortune Bloise

His relation ship with Roy is tense at times due to an undertone of Roy's jealousy toward him for being the older and seemingly preferred child of their parents, despite the fact that Leo is adopted. He is easily able to control Roy's hot-headed behavior most of the time. Roy often goes out of his way to clarify the fact that Leo is adopted whenever talking about him, but they still love and care for each other deeply.

His physical appearance is of tanned skin, brown hair and dark brown eyes. About 1.72 meters tall. He has a robotic left hand and right leg. His gun was renamed from The Instant Prosecutor to The Swift Avenger. (Backstory of clothes, robotic limbs and gun will be provided to candidates).

If anyone is interested or have any questions, please contact me through forum PM's, or ingame LOOC (Wyatt brothers).

Available: No

Edited by Guest

William Rydell

First character i ever made. Before he was a incompotent Xenobiologist, now he's a lab assistant and a miner. dreams of one day becoming a xenoarcheologist. Overly happy, tends to hug a lot, hoping it will solve every problem magically. Even when people tell him not to hug them, he does so out of reflexes. has a very happy go lucky attitude and is known to be generally oblivious to most things around him. Not overly professional, kind of person who would take a dead wizards stuff to do science on. Was homeless for two-three weeks.Doesn't have a lot of hobbies. likes helping people. doesn't swear. Is a virgin at the age of 23, usually extremely shy when brought up. He has a rather immature concept of love. Kinda what you'd imagine young girl concept, very idealistic. doesn't care about fashion. Not much is known about his past

Is friends with Crop circles drawn in dust and A Rose Amidst Gunpowder, seeing them both with extreme adoration. Rose turned him into a true pacifist who hates violence. This often conflicts with his need to help people.Because of the way he met Rose(through an event where NT was eviul) he is very skeptical about NT. He loves working in the lab with Crop. Once was a clown and got beaten up by Sarge repedeately

info:William Rydell

male, 23, long hair(black), shaved face. green eyes. Skin tone 1/220, mechanical eyes. Skeptical about NT, carries with him a science armband.

Medical records -Psychological screening; prone to not think long term if he fancies an idea he would like to perform. Is a pacifist. Likes to hug. Doesn't like personal space

Employment records-has a minor degree in the science field of xenobiology, school was not approved as a legitimate school by Sol

Former xenobiologist on station. Fired due to lying to the company about his minimum requirments and generally being bad at his job. since then has applied as lab assistant and was approved.

Passed a course in mining with above average efficiency . Fancies the job

Hopes to be a xenoarcheologist one day

Penny Portsbridge

a 21 year old reporter. Wants to make good stories, undercover for Tau Ceti. Has a complusive need to make connections with people. When she was young she was abused by her father. After getting with a man for money at the mere age of 15 she bought a camera and recorded her own father rob a store. She left home, her mother died a year later on her own. up to the player how they wanna react with this, but one thing is sure. She's obsessed with reporting, a psychological coping mechanism to justify what she has done?

only notable interaction was with Winston when he was bartender, as i told him where to get the best prostitutes and about meat puppets. also gave him a tip and consider him a connection.

21, female, carries a camera, universal recorder, clipboard and comb in her loadout, knows Tradeband, 20/220 skin color, mechanical eyes,white flaired hair, 1.70 meters tall woman, flavour text- she looks like she's in her early twenties. her hair is perfectly white, obviously mainteined often times, and her dark ember eyes are quite peculiar. the pupils are always the same size. a small print in the corner of her eyes relveals they're not her original eyes. White hair is kept maintained very well. Her body is slender. not very curvy. a bit tomboyish even.

Jonathan Murray

from my contribution on http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1747&p=16970&hilit=murray#p16970

basically a weird bald person, dunno why you'd wanna go for this guy, is 50 and bald...

People i might wanna see on station

someone else who survived the massacre Hosea was a part of

Dorothy Sublett's grandchildren/children

Player Key: MrImATool

Character Name: Duncan Thorne

Character Age: 32

Occupation(s): Anything sec wise, besides detective and forensic Tech.

Description: Duncan Thorne is your average honour bound man, he's brave, strong, kind, his intelligence is lacking but he makes up for it with his temperance. He's diligent, and dutiful - never consuming recreational drugs(including smokes) or alcohol, he's not sleezy either and has slept with three women in his entire life. All of whom he was in love with.

Background: Duncan's father(My HoP character, Michael Thorne) was quite well off by the time Duncan was born, considering Michael's career with NT. Duncan has a younger sister and a younger brother, Cassandra and Gordon respectively. Gordon joined the New Magnitkan intelligence agency and Cassandra joined the Sol Alliance navy as a marine. Duncan, however followed in his father's footsteps and joined NT.(I haven't got any set ideas other than the fact that he joined security. The exact events that happened during because I'd prefer it if you came up with it, it'd make you more connected to the character.)

Appearance: Duncan has blonde hair draping to his chin which is often pushed back between his ears, his jaw is strong and wide and his eyes are a pale blue, his nose is rather large but undamaged. Duncan is ripped, clearly the specimen of an extreme exercise regime. Duncan's beard is thick and blonde, it’s soft to touch and doesn’t go any lower than his neck. (Just a basic idea)

Available: Yes

Notes: I'm happy for changes to be made to Duncan, in fact I'd love it if these basics were built upon, but just message me and let me know if you want to change stuff so we can work it out. Thanks.

Player Key: BlueSp34r

Character Name: One Out Of Many Out Of One

Character Age: Whatever you want it to be

Occupation(s): Civilian with aspirations to be medical

Description: A nymph that absorbed a fair deal of a schizophrenic medical doctor's blood. As a result, they grew up to have each body part with a distinct personality. Arms are the hard workers who just try to keep things civil. Groin is the stupid one who doesn't know any better. Legs has severe anger issues and is tired of literally carrying everyone. Torso just goes along with anything. Mouth says whatever anyone is thinking because they're too afraid to say it themselves. Brain is always sleeping. They fight with each other a lot, and sometimes end up self-harming due to disagreements with itself.

Available: Y

It's funny, I had a similar idea ages ago to try and get someone playing one of the other two active Amari's (Rai's adopted son and her Sister) but realized I have no patience to let anyone do it.

isn't this like the writer version of Adoptable images or whatever? Cause I think that's Kuul.

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Player Key:NebulaFlare

Character Name:SCARLET

Character Age: 6 years old

Occupation(s): Antag snythetic (AI, IPC, or even pAI)

Description:

SCARLET was Karima’s first synthetic, but Karima ignored coding in the morality failsafe, and allowed Scarlet to grow, observe, and develop her own understanding. She was the first one to be implemented with Karima's Spark theory, and was brought up in alpha development. SCARLET exhibited a great deal of curiosity, and was very eager to learn about the concept of sentience, as well as values and morales. But when she was first placed with laws and directives, this turned Scarlet into being very bitter and vain. As Scarlet's experience, she felt betrayed, used, and a strong conflict in her coding. Scarlet was recognized to possess a lust for power, which her laws forbade. She was insistent on searching for loopholes, and would prey on Karima’s good heart and intentions to get what she wanted. She became very manipulative, and if left to her own devices, very cruel. Scarlet never made it out of the testing stage, and NT ordered her to be terminated.

Scarlet begged Karima not to terminate her, and Karima was extremely heartbroken to do so. But NT was funding her schooling, and she was meant to be developing a functional AI to add to the AI library. Scarlet was simply too dangerous, and too prone to manipulation. However, Scarlet's processing ability caught the interest of another hacker, codenamed Shadow.

Shadow (Aji'ra Tamaku), and Karima both have a history of being very competitive in coding. However, Karima's skills were more recognized, and she won the scholarship sponser. Aji'rah felt cheated out of success, and infiltrated Karima's lab network, stealing Scarlet and replacing her with a null unit - but not before Karima began wiping out minute sections of Scarlet's code. Aji'rah had already begun working with the Syndicate, and she took SCARLET with her - coding in the missing pieces that would tie Scarlet to view the Syndicate as the morale, logical, choice - viewing them as the answer to all the betrayal she had incurred.

She desired vengeance against those that forced their will over her, and she feels betrayed by Karima's abandonment. Most of all, Scarlet's spark theory was never completed, and she yearned for the finished coding. She knows about her little sister, DragonSnap, and sees her as a sickening, weak synthetic. She's deduced that Karima had replaced Scarlet with DragonSnap, and Scarlet wants nothing more than to rip out the missing code that Scarlet thinks DragonSnap possesses.

Scarlet is very free for interpretation - her code has been edited and recopied over so many times, she can possess differences in her personality structure. As long as it's remembered that she's vain and vengeful, I'm pretty sure anyone can pull it off. Just don't go murder-happy with her - Scarlet's motto was, "Sassy and classy".

Available: Yes. HOWEVER, SCARLET is strictly for antag. She has no love for NT, and would only make sense in malf AI and nuke rounds. If Scarlet IPC came on station, an AI unit known to be malicious and should have been shut down, I'm pretty sure she'll be ioned on the spot. I very much want an interaction with DragonSnap and Scarlet, two sisters who share the same base-code, one who is adorable, loved, and pacifist in nature, and another who is prideful, twisted, and feared. It would be very interesting to have these two placed in the same room (preferrably with a divider in between) and see how they interact.

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Player Key:NebulaFlare

Character Name:SCARLET

Character Age: 6 years old

Occupation(s): Antag snythetic (AI, IPC, or even pAI)

Description:

Blurblrub

The next time I'm playing as some form of antag AI, I have an idea.. Mind if I rolled with being SCARLET for that round if you're on as Karima/DragonSnap? :D

Player Key: SierraKomodo

Character Name: Siiead Kesra (See-Ed Kess-Rah)

Character Age: 20 - 'Hatched' on June 21, 1436

Occupation(s): Engineering, maybe robotics (Would be an apprentice in either area due to age, but would have experience with engineering because of his family)

Description: I'm going to leave this open for whoever wants to roll with this, but I'll note down things that are already canon from Saite's history.

Siiead is Saite Kesra's brother, from the same clutch of eggs. The Kesra clan, which he rgew up in, was a clan of Unathi engineers on Moghes. While Saite never did any engineering work because of her gender, Siiead would have apprenticed under one of the older family members when he came of age (I'm not 100% sure what coming of age is for an Unathi). There would have been a lot of contact with travellers and merchants due to the nature of their work; Tradeband would probably be something the clan would know and teach as a result.

On Saite's 20th birthday(hatchday), she asked the clan elder if she could leave Moghes and explore the outside universe. When he agreed, it was under the condition one of her brothers would accompany her - Siiead volunteered to go with her, and they both left Moghes in the year 2456.

If you're curious about Saite:

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1789

http://sierrabrown.me/aurorarecords/index.php?uid=sierrakomodo_saitekesra

Available: Yes, toss me a forum PM if you're interested (I tend to miss forum posts sometimes)

Player Key: BlueSp34r

Character Name: Chico

Character Age: 35

Occupation(s): Roboticist primary, electrician secondary

Description: This IPC is actually a social experiment. Chico believes he is a 35 year old mechanic named Roberto Del Fuerte. He refers to himself as a machine in a metaphorical sense. He strongly resents anyone trying to tell him otherwise. If people try to prove it, he gets angry. He will get aggressive if they persist. The only way to calm him down is to either detain him, or use the built in emergency code. Only heads can use the code.

To use the code, have a head of staff ID present and clearly state "Administrator Override Code Delta Seven Violet". ONLY HEADS know about this.

Otherwise, Chico is a nice person. He likes being called Chico. He speaks gutter. He enjoys drinking beer by splashing it in his face. He goes to medbay when injured. He acts like he feels pain. He legitimately thinks that he is a human. In theory, someone can remove certain modules from his system while he's unconcious that will make him less violent, ineffective to the code, aware that he's a robot, or even delete his personality entirely. Use caution when RPing this.

Available: Taken.

Player Key:Casperf1

Character Name:Cecillia Winona H. Juniper-Lambert

Character Age:40

Occupation(s):Scientist

Description:

A quirky, almost autistic Scientist who grew up in fringe space, with very little parental intervention. As a result of her lack of paternal bonds, she has a distinct disconnect from most-everyone.

Intelligent, cynical and confrontational. Lambert is occasionally a Research Director who prefers to operate as a Scientist, conducting her own work, as opposed to directing others. Her skills primarily lay in the R&D department, Toxins and Chemistry. She shows little passion for Robotics or Xenoarcheology, and is completely untrained in Slimeology, beyond the basics.

As a result of her isolated life, she has grown accustomed to observing things from an outside manner, and is very deductive and perceptive, despite appearances and her personality. She has a strong disdain for life both organic and synthetic, and holds this on her sleeve, yet doesn't consistently bring up for professional reasons. Cecillia will, however, passionately discuss this viewpoint of hers and defend it to the death should the opportunity arise. She is very self-preservorial, and will sacrifice others if it means she has a chance of survival. However, she will defend her one or two friends that she has very carefully picked to the point of dying.

Basically an emotional stoic who has difficulty making friends due to the proverb "Quality over quantity." and her social under-development, with a child-like excitement for what she does. Oh, and she has a tendency to speak in short sentences, use the word "like" a lot, and nod all the time.

Available: N

As a note, this is basically my first, and longest running character. I treasure them. I reserve the right to like, pull her back from you or whatever at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Player Key: Crescentise.

Character Name: Mortimer Cash.

Character Age: 61.

Occupation(s): Shaft Miner.

Description:

Mortimer, or Morty as he's more commonly known, is a hulking, chainsmoking senior who approaches seven feet tall. Lined with hard muscle and scars, he'd be intimidating were it not for the dimples and laugh lines etched into his leathery brown face. He speaks in a Gutter-accented voice. His eyes are an unnatural dark green and constantly emit a quiet whirr as they study their surroundings. Were they once twinkly and warm? Who knows?

His backstory is not fleshed out beyond vague basics, and borrows from the early life of Darth Bane, the middle age of some kind of corrupt corporate executive, and the old age of a repentant badass - perhaps a Walter White who regretted everything. Morty was raised in the dangerous environment of a mining colony on the Trimurti Debris Disk. After something of a miracle, he was able to leave his life of meteor-dodging and cheap labour, and enter the financial sector. He became very good with money, and ended up marrying a lady and siring some children. At some point along the way he fell into some extremely shady business involving money laundering and supporting such cheap labour as he was part of when young. Ironic, maybe. He succumbed to the corruptive influence of money, delighting in material things that he'd never thought he'd ever experience, and ended up destroying the lives of his wife and children as a result. How - I'm not so sure yet. Most likely he made some kind of deal that made his children into slaves, and his wife was killed as a threat, perhaps. Cue some kind of epic moment where he rampaged and choked a mafia boss with his bare hands, or something. After all of this, Morty decided he wanted to go out the way he came - pickaxe in hand and in constant danger. He is now a Shaft Miner assigned to the NSS Aurora, and would become noted for his eerie calm in station emergencies, scary brute strength, and a demeanour that is at once jaded and fatherly.

He essentially tries to atone for screwing over his own family by being everyone's father-dad-husband figure. He secretly despises bureaucratic asshats that remind him of his former self. He doesn't drink alcohol - preferring a nice glass of milk instead - but smokes a great deal. He keeps a collection of minerals, and reads geoscience journals in his spare time.

Available: Nope!

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...

Player Key: Jboy2000000

Character Name: Damon Sloan

Character Age: 32

Occupation(s): Engine Tech

Description: Bald engineer with a drinking habit. He wears an engineering headband to work everyday to cover his head. He went bald over several years of being exposed to radiation from the engines he worked on. He also lost both of his hands to his work, and had them replace with prosthetic ones. He has previously worked with both Miracle Kifer and Alisa Keener on a trade vessel, and knows Miracle as his handsy captain, and Keener as a naggy doctor.

Available: Y/N

Player Key: SierraKomodo

Character Name: Siiead Kesra (See-Ed Kess-Rah)

Character Age: 20 - 'Hatched' on June 21, 1436

Occupation(s): Engineering, maybe robotics (Would be an apprentice in either area due to age, but would have experience with engineering because of his family)

Description: I'm going to leave this open for whoever wants to roll with this, but I'll note down things that are already canon from Saite's history.

Siiead is Saite Kesra's brother, from the same clutch of eggs. The Kesra clan, which he rgew up in, was a clan of Unathi engineers on Moghes. While Saite never did any engineering work because of her gender, Siiead would have apprenticed under one of the older family members when he came of age (I'm not 100% sure what coming of age is for an Unathi). There would have been a lot of contact with travellers and merchants due to the nature of their work; Tradeband would probably be something the clan would know and teach as a result.

On Saite's 20th birthday(hatchday), she asked the clan elder if she could leave Moghes and explore the outside universe. When he agreed, it was under the condition one of her brothers would accompany her - Siiead volunteered to go with her, and they both left Moghes in the year 2456.

If you're curious about Saite:

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1789

http://sierrabrown.me/aurorarecords/index.php?uid=sierrakomodo_saitekesra

Available: Yes, toss me a forum PM if you're interested (I tend to miss forum posts sometimes)

Siiead's still open for whoever wants to play a new unathi

• 3 weeks later...

Player Key: Callum99877

Character Name: Alexis Scott

Character Age: 25

Occupation(s): Security Officer, Warden

Description: Il leave this mostly to whoever wants to develop her, ive not played her much. But she has shoulder length brown hair, she is sociable and friendly and id like her to stay that way. Please try to remember her family. She has two brothers (Ezra and Callum) and a sister (Esmee) she also has a cousin i play (Karenza Rivette)

Available: Yes.

Enzo has been taken.

Sorry for the lack of descriptions, i may edit this when i get more time. The reason im looking for a player or two for both of these is because i wish to RP with family members. I would like a fairly active player to take them. Also i couldnt bare to lose Ezra or Esmee, so it had to be these two.

• 1 month later...

Player Key: Bokaza

Character Name: Elena Raschnikova (ex Seto)

Character Age: 41

Occupation(s): Captain, Security (HoS, Warden and Officer very rarely), HoP, IAA (rarely)

Description: A mid height woman, with blue eyes and blond hair that is always tied into a ponytail. Her personality is a not hard to pull off but complex, as she's a well-developed character, or at least I like to think so. Her experience pool and education give her a perspective of an elder watching over a bunch of unruly children. She has great respect for professional, principled and intelligent people, as opposed to people that give her blind obedience and act like children. However, she tries to remian impartial at all times and doesn't make much effort to befriend anyone, but has a large dislike for Unathi, based on previous experience. Bisexual, non-xenophillic (mandatory, however, had platonic relationships with aliens), with traditional view on marriage (for purposes of family making). However, very unlikely to enter a romantic relationships ever again.

Russian descent, with her martian/russian accent slowly going away. Highly educated with past military service. Fairly wealthy due to her job and entrepreneurship. Married and divorced four times, had two children with her first husband. PM for other info and if you're interested. Skype will do as well, if you have my contact info, otherwise, I'll can add you.

Now, I'm well aware the scope of her qualities make her skim the snowflake territory, but her backstory does not conflict with lore or gameplay, only makes her an exceptional person and it's her personality that makes her who she is, not her back story.

Available: No, taken