[Denied] Ripley's Inhaler

BYOND Key: Shamiel

Character name: Ripley Giger

Item name: Ripley's Inhaler

Why is your character carrying said item to work? She has a special lung condition (Space born as a child, exposed to cosmic radiation, damaged lungs, yada-yada), requiring her to use an inhaler to keep her at ease in stressful situations.

Item function(s): Nothing really, just for role-play value.

Item description: An average red plastic inhaler.

Item appearance: Y'know, a red inhaler, no more and no less.

Additional comments: I could just role-play without it, just pretending it's there (which I have done before), which i'm perfectly okay with, I just thought it would be neat to have a material item to carry with me in my lab-coat or pocket, to help further my wheezing and nervously stuttering character get through her work shift a-okay!

We're in a science-fiction universe. I don't think damage of types that would be uncommon/unnatural to us in the year 2015 constitutes something "special" or snowflakey by default.

I don't know the specifics of radiation poisoning and everything related to lung damage/inhalers (perhaps some lore people would be willing to help you develop that), but if somebody told me they had to use an inhaler due to either asthma or damage from space dust, I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

This seems like a decent application to me.

I've played with Ripley only once, but I had fun doing so. Her character appears to be somebody well-thought-out and interesting, without being 'too much', and I believe this item would make her condition more visible and eye-catching, with a physical item and maybe custom use code. For what it's worth, it's got my +1.

Thank's! I'm glad Ripley has made some good impressions from her limited time being on the station, and i'm still currently fleshing her out, but i'm glad most people enjoy her presence!

Could probably add a little function for her to use it, if you like?

'X takes a puff from the inhaler.'

Thank's! I'm glad Ripley has made some good impressions from her limited time being on the station, and i'm still currently fleshing her out, but i'm glad most people enjoy her presence!

Could probably add a little function for her to use it, if you like?

'X takes a puff from the inhaler.'

I'd like it to be usable, if possible!

I personally wish you could've given a better reason other than "Asthma is too whimpy". Delivering your application is important, and giving weak reasons like that never helps your case. Now, I would be willing to accept this application, but only as long as one thing is made clear:

1) The inhaler will not have any actual, mechanical medicine like dexalin. Any medicine in this thing is for you to RP out.

How's that sound?

I personally wish you could've given a better reason other than "Asthma is too whimpy". Delivering your application is important, and giving weak reasons like that never helps your case. Now, I would be willing to accept this application, but only as long as one thing is made clear:

1) The inhaler will not have any actual, mechanical medicine like dexalin. Any medicine in this thing is for you to RP out.

How's that sound?

The wimpy asthma thing was just a joke, I chose having a cosmic radiation induced problem to her lungs since it made fairly good sense if she was born in space near a star. Anyways, to the inhaler, i'm fine with there being no medicine.

• 5 months later...