Founding/Settlement Date (if applicable):

33 anno domini/786 AUC

Region of Space:

Controlled by (if not a faction):

Other Snapshot information:

Name in Common: Kingdom of God/New Rome/Papal State of Peter

Name in Latin: Regnum Dei/Nova Roma/Patrimonium Petri

Motto:In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

Flag:http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/299/6/a/_custom__flag_of_vatican_city_by_trustnoidiot-d6rwaub.png

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINmBL6GH_w

Under the authority of: The Sol Union as a Fully Autonomous state in the Alliance.

Long Description:

WILL PASTE IT'S 2:40

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Add at least a paragraph of info to it in the necessary place and I'll accept it (unless you do something outlandish with it for some reason)

i'd be much more amenable to the idea if the 'space pope' functioned as a sort of anti-pope rather than a co-pope

at least then there would be some added conflict as to what branch of catholicism you follow, whether you are a traditionalist earth supremacist and follow the pope in Rome or follow the more secular space pope in space station 'Avignon'

Why would the roman pope be a traditionalist earth supremacist though? wouldn't that just make a bunch of heavily religiously brought up christian characters either do some character rewriting to not be affiliated with the church or become earth supremacists? On the other hand i really really dig the idea of there being more then just 2 popes. With the profit in mind 2457 christianity becomes an almost corporate mindset branch with intrigue,backstabbing, and corporate threatchery. A multitude popes competing for affiliation, the pure hearted and those under a guise mix and mingle gathering and catering to their own demographic, from a pure hearted pope to a near Godfather.

Bah, i just like going off on writing tangents

But yea i digress, why would he be a supremacist?

ALSO i was under the impression earth is condensed into a multitude of megacities, would this make the Vatican underwater/mostly abandoned ?

Edit:found old thread with a map, nevermind

why a sitting pope in rome would be an earth supremacist is simple politics. The more power thats consolidated in Sol and Earth, the greater the power, authority, and legitimacy the pope has. 'Franchising' so to speak means there is more than one vicar of christ, more than one head of the religion, and if thats the case why even have a head at all. Its venturing dangerously close to Orthodoxy and a pentarchy type system where the church is led by peers and not a hierarchical system as exists in the catholic church.

additionally, just because your religious leaders hold views doesn't mean you have to be forced to hold them too. Catholics aren't clones of the pope

I agree with Rusty, it'd be much more sensible to have either full blown sects or splinter heresies than have the church leadership split into two 'equal' parts

Why would the roman pope be a traditionalist earth supremacist though? wouldn't that just make a bunch of heavily religiously brought up christian characters either do some character rewriting to not be affiliated with the church or become earth supremacists? On the other hand i really really dig the idea of there being more then just 2 popes. With the profit in mind 2457 christianity becomes an almost corporate mindset branch with intrigue,backstabbing, and corporate threatchery. A multitude popes competing for affiliation, the pure hearted and those under a guise mix and mingle gathering and catering to their own demographic, from a pure hearted pope to a near Godfather.

Bah, i just like going off on writing tangents

But yea i digress, why would he be a supremacist?

ALSO i was under the impression earth is condensed into a multitude of megacities, would this make the Vatican underwater/mostly abandoned ?

Edit:found old thread with a map, nevermind

Thats....not how Apostolic Succession nor Papal Primacy works, There has always been 1 pope since the days of Avignon, who is elected from his peers in a pretty stringent way, Like if no one agrees with it, they have to do it until someone has a clear majourity, It's simply ridiculous to bring back the Anti-Pope system, or even dissolving into almost Orthodox level of Patriarchs of the church.

The last major break wasn't Protestantism there's been a number

Local Catholic churches, like the Eastern Catholics, Polish National Catholics, Old Catholic Church, Traditionalist Catholics and a significant number of Catholics not in communion with Rome.

Eastern Church are subservient to most Roman Rituals, Traditionalists Catholics are a Hate Group as declared by SPLC, Poles are included in the Old Catholic thing and are not nearly as major as the Prostant reformation, as well as noting they are not really Catholics in the sense of Roman Catholcism, due to not being in communion with Rome,

I know but dem corporate spirituality~

Such a cool concept in my mind , even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Also there's a lot of assumptions going around regarding supremacy and racism. OP technically hasn't stated any values the pope has, past the standard bible adoring. But that's so vague because everyone bends the bible however they desire. The current pope going on wildly different stances then the former, but what holy man is the right between the two?

Not that i see how it would improve RP either, as it would boil down to "yea,he exists i guess". I suppose i can get behind earth pope still sticking around because of dem tradition, not like my religious characters can't just claimn the pope is actually the tool of satan. And everyone else considering religion is funny like that

Having 2 popes helps out too, as you're not bound to one religious leader if you like playing Christianity

Notice: Please add at least a paragraph within the next 24 hours, or I'll be inclined to deny this application for inactivity/WIP /

Application denied.

Author has failed to revise the application within the given time period, you are invited to reapply.

Locking and archiving.