Opossum does the thing he was putting off for 3 Years (Command Application)

BYOND key: Hawkington

Discord Username: Opossum (kodiakopossum)

Character names:

Lope Cardenas
Aheke Han'san
Connor Albrecht
Ayano Nishioka

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
3/4 Years-ish, I joined around King of the World

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
2 Warnings- both have been expired for three years now. Both only lasted for three months which I've been told means they weren't the most serious.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
I remember years ago whenever I first started playing- I used to play pAI a lot and I remember having an LOOC conversation with a Skrell HOP, whose name I cannot remember for the life of me, and they said "Other players are the main characters, Command are the supporting ones" I personally believe a Command member should help drive RP for the round, but not be the sole focus of it. They shape round dynamics- for example a HOS sets the tone with an antagonist which in turn effects how both the antagonists and the security staff play.

I also believe that Command players should be ready and willing to teach newer players mechanics. So many great command staff such as Ioraks, and Han'san have taught me how to play certain roles really effectively, while making the learning a fun and engaging experience both ICly and OOCly- most tellingly, I didn't feel like an idiot whenever we came across something that I didn't know how to do. And I have enjoyed subsequent rounds all the more because of this knowledge.

This particular line on the CMO's wiki page stands out to me. "Like any other command member, your job is to delegate all of the work to everyone else, and be liaison between command and the medical department." which to me, basically sums up the job.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?

I think perhaps the biggest one is to generate interest in the whitelists themselves. Characters such as Raks Appartu really inspired me as a newer player to put the work in, learn more of the lore. Because they made all of it seem so interesting. Which I think is invaluable to newer players every character with some form of whitelist, is in fact, a walking advertisement for that lore if they're doing their jobs right. I wanted to learn about Unathi Religion- I wanted to speak Siik'maas to understand what those characters were saying. And for older players. I know for a fact some of my favorite interactions are just having two characters chatting about their cultures across a hallway- it's something that really no other server allows you to do and why I've spent the guts of four years here.

Secondly, to make people want to play rounds. I remember whenever I saw Ioraks as CE I would immediately play some form of Engineer, I don't even enjoy the department that much but as soon as that name was on the manifest you couldn't stop me from joining, damn the next two hours of my life. And I know it's particularly common for players to sit, to look at the manifest, see nothing of interest and not bother with the round. My hope is that one person sees me playing some form of command member, and that makes them join in.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.
Ozhika Dorviza was certainly unique for her wasteland clan- that is. She was absolutely hopeless with plants. This ended up with her becoming embroiled in the village's guard against Punished raids. After a period of time, and an incident she refuses to speak about she signs up with Dagamuir Freewater Private Forces. Only too well understanding some of the harsh realities of warfare and becoming increasingly willing to engage in pragmatic techniques towards victory, she moved up the ranks quickly, performing admirably in quick-close knit tactical encounters and small-team operations. With increasing unrest at home with the Si'kah and Aut'akh mob- and the increasingly dangerous missions the SCCV Horizon is being given, it only seems natural such a commander would be recommended to the Chainlink with a glowing review...and a chip on their shoulder.

Konyang is something that interests her- not the IPC rebellion- but the response to it, how would the Trinary and such respond? Sometimes the organic response to synthetics can be the more dangerous one- and that is what she is wary of.

Lastly, being raised from a relatively impoverished Th'akh background has made her wary of the church's militarization- blind zeal and effective weaponry being a particularly dangerous combination. She is however, glad that there were not open hostilities between the two. Moghes has seen enough war as it is.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
CMO
Consular/Liason
HOS

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yeah

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

Ozhika Dorviza - HOS
Maharaz Mavhstok - CMO

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Of course

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Pretty sure it is.

Extra notes:
Y'all finally wore me down into doing this.

• Like 2

I've talked to Kodiak/Opossum/Hawkington for... damn near 3 years now. I thought then as I do now: Hawkington/Opossum is a perfectly capable roleplayer who has an endless bag of thoughts and ideas for just about any situation and character. Alongside this, having seen their rounds in medical and security, I have no doubts of their ability to play as a CMO and HoS. The fact it took this long to see a command app from them is a feat in of itself. So, without further ado, I updoot with app with a solid +1

• Thanks 1

I'm giving Kodiak of the Opossum a +1.

Not because they have blackmailed me to do so, least I suffer the fate worse than death; but because I feel confident in their leadership skills.

Also, their characters have a certain charm to them and I'm curious how they will fit in a command role.

• Thanks 1

Opossum's a propa' geeza', reckon they'd do real good'un stuff. +1

On a real note, been talking and interacting with Opossum every now and then over the past couple years and I gotta say they put in a great deal of effort into their characters, making real unique and stirring roleplay. Perfectly fit for the mantle of Command, I reckon, give 'em a shot!

• Thanks 1

Opossum is a talented writer capable of unique concepts, engaging conversations, and expressing the individuality of his characters. He's had enough of a tenure here to be familiar with the Head roles he intends to play. I haven't encountered anything to give me pause or hesitation in the rounds we've played together.

He will be a promising candidate if given the trial. +1

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...