Eric Derringer's Loyalty Implant

BYOND Key: Xelnagahunter

Character name: Eric Derringer

Item name: Loyalty Implant Activator

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Derringer spent years already as a Head of Security and recently transferred to Head of Personnel and IAA. He'd still have the implant in and would request it's activation before every shift, even as a Head of Personnel due to his personal loyalty to the company.

Item function(s): Acts as a standard Loyalty Implant, but instead of flavor text saying he implanted himself, perhaps is just says the implant was activated.

Item description:

Item appearance: It could look just like an implanter, only without the needle or something. I'll talk to someone about a sprite or something.

Additional comments: Derringer is just that kind of guy. I'm really wanting a way to be able to prove at all times that he is remaining loyal to NT's interests. It's a code of honor kind of thing for him. If anyone thinks they can help with a sprite, unless I can find one, I would be happy. It could be what I mentioned above or radically different, I'd have no issues there.

Edited by Guest
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I see kind of how this could work. Normally, NT removes implants after a shift, but in Eric's case, it could just be deactivated. Then, instead of getting a new implant every time, he could just activate it. Though, what would happen if surgery removed it? You would have to re-activate it, or have it re-implanted. Think about it: Will your character ever need surgery? And on what portions of their body? And if the implant is removed due to something unexpected, like the implant is in your head, and you need an eye removed, how would it be put back into your body? And does it deactivate once it leaves your body? If so, then how is it re-activated? Sorry for all the questions, just stuff to allow for better RP!

As far as im aware implants arent removed after each shift. They get deactivated and turned back on when you enter a role that gets implanted. Head surgery is still something most people dont want over and over. If it gets removed for whatever reason then an actual implant would need to be used again, thiugh im not sure this will be accepted because it provides an actual in game benefit.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...