Alberyk's IPC Application

BYOND Key: Alberyk

Character Names: Aaron Hawkins, Luctus, Sslazhir Yinzr, Dimah Akhatov and Raniyah Al-Hamdani.

How long have you been playing on Aurora: Around six or seven months.

Species you are applying to play: IPC

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because synthetics are interesting characters, mostly because of their robotic nature and several mannerism linked to them. IPC, unlike the borgs, are not bound by laws, still they care a lot of characteristics from their synthetic nature. Also, they offer a lot of opportunities to build different characters, since lack of general guidelines for their manners and can have several particular different personalities.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Because, unlike all other races, the ipcs are fully synthetic and no bound by any laws or to any AI at all. Also, they possess a lot of particular and different mechanic and lore-related differences. So, their interactions with their surroundings and other characters are quite unique. For example, they feel no pain or don’t need to breath, but, they can be heavily damaged from EMP and overheat without pressure. At all they feel like a really different and unique race.

Character Name: Ioannis

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Ioannis V2.01 is a bespoke artificial intelligence, which was designed for a funeral company at Biesel, which mainly duties were working as a mortician, or as an embalmer. Due to such, Ioannis has designed to know all the intricate knowledge related to its trade, such as the anatomy of the human body, chemical compounds and several surgical steps to repair the damaged corpses. And thanks to its robotic nature, it was able to work without any kind of repulse or rest, being able to perform his duties don't matter the time or situation.

Due to its work related to the death, Ioannis was designed to posses a lack of emotions and coldness, but, at same time, being able to hold a high standard of ethics and understanding of the organic’s morals. However, with the time and since it was a lawless chassis, Ionnais started to grow its own opinions and personal views, but, without letting such taint its work.

But, with the time, its model was become more obsolete and it was relieved from its duty at the funeral company. Ioannis was unable to find another purpose for its existence, since such, it roamed several places and offered its services to different contractors. Until, it was contracted to work with NanoTrasen as a counselor/chaplain, because, death can be still common in the harsh void of space.

What do you like about this character?

It is a rather different aspect of the chaplain role, which is to hold funeral, and since Ioannis holds no religion views, it would just play a more technical role in the funeral. Also, in certain kind of types of gamemodes, the morgue can be quite full, and disposing of the old bodies or giving funeral to them can lead to interesting rp. Besides that, chaplain/counselors that are not fully focused in religion can be quite interesting.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

It is a rather tricky question, but, I believe that most people are able to enjoy the interactions that they have with my characters or the plotlines that I am able to draw ingame.

Notes:

Personally, I have only interacted with Yinzr and Dimah, and those were really enjoyable experiences for me, you have done a great job ensuring that when I think of security, I think of Yinzr, I have no reason to believe that you don't deserve this race [Just hope the first time you join as it isn't cult haha]

Alberyk is very good at roleplaying as I have been one who has personally been around Yinzr and seen most sides of the character to know that he isn't all about robusting antags but more about trying to deal with the situation the way it deals with him. For example, when I was a Vox aboard the station and there was a mess with the other Vox I attempted to try and get them out of it by talking to security, mainly Yinzr who didn't do anything to robust the antags and we worked things out through a conversation rather than shooting each other. The way you'll find Yinzr attacking antags depends on how the Antags are acting. If there's wizards running around spamming spells and shooting fireballs without any RP or talking, he's going to attempt to bring him down any means necessary but if the antag actually roleplays he'll roleplay along with them. That's why I feel that he would be good for taking on the role of an IPC because he is not just limited to one specific playstyle or character and I think he'd do great as another "race". Also note that we rarely have chaplains let alone ones who aren't running around the halls coloring on the floors so I think that if we got a good one it would be helpful.

Well, Aaron Hawkins is the damn miner, Dimah Akhatov and Raniyah Al-Hamdani are okay. Yinzr is too robust, serious and dick-lizardish, I was robusted by him a few times, without really any roleplay. I generally dislike Yinzr.

But, Luctus is a great borg. Once, I remember that we had a long, 30-60 minutes long conversation about borg ethics, with a conclusion that borgs are people, but not humans, or crew. It was a really fun experience, and I fully support this application (I just hope Alber will not make any IPC characters that will look and act exactly like a catbeast, and use their taser immunity and damage resistance to robust antags). Ioannis, another fellow synthetic unit that my IPC characters would try to interact during their free time. +1

Aaron Hawkins was a wonderfully well fleshed out character, and this one sounds just as wonderful, and they play Raniyah with great competancy. I would be very interested to see how they spin off this IPC character, and would be willing to support it. +1.