Ove's Head of Staff application

BYOND key: Ove

Character names: Ove Livingstone, Anja Livingstone

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Only for a week and a half.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I feel like people could benefit having someone who really knows what they're doing in a Head position, especially for one such as Security.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Other servers simply didn't appeal to my tastes. While I can't exactly agree with everyone's behavior on Aurora, playerbase and staff included, I feel like it's the best server for me at this current time.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Yes, of course.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplaying is pretending to be something you aren't or couldn't actually be. If I were asked what roleplaying is, I would introduce someone to Space Station 13, as this game is all about that. What roleplay should be about, is enjoying yourself and raising the spirit of those you're playing with. I've seen some questionable things from the members of this community so far, which disappoints me that that isn't the case here.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: This is an...iffy question at best. However, the purpose of a head of staff is to provide leadership for their subordinates. Going with the theme of good roleplaying, it could even be considered not too far from real life. You inspire people to follow you, and show that you're deserving of your position.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: One thing that immediately comes to mind is if you have a Head whitelist, you aren't constantly belittering people in OOC over petty squabbles and the like. You need to upkeep the fact that you've been accepted for a Whitelist for a reason. As tasteless as this sounds, you need to maintain your image.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Ihintza Livingstone

Character age: 30

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): A man in a black suit and red tie walked briskly along the hallway, fixing his Nanotrasen Representative badge on his left collar. He opened the airlock and stepped inside the observation room, overlooking a small arena. Inside the room, a short, slightly chubby man met him dressed in a parade uniform. They both nodded. They closed the distance between each other, and shook hands. Inside the arena, a woman standing at the height of 6'4 walked inside, looking expectantly up towards the one-way mirror of the observation room. Her hair was white as snow, and a deathly determined expression was on her face, accompanied by an uninterested look in her eyes. What a peculiar combination.

"Send in the Four-One-Three Outfit. Those'll give us plenty of time." The man in the suit said, which the shorter man quickly nodded to, pressing a button to open the arena. Several doors slid out, giving way to four rather large men, outfitted with lightweight padded armor for hand to hand combat. The woman slowly faced them, and braced herself in a stance. Slowly worming a lopsided, charismatic grin on his face, the man in the suit smiled to the shorter one, the two of them taking a seat. Opening a file, the suited man begins, "Her name is...Ihintza? Ihintza Livingstone." He cast his eyes up at the shorter man, who nodded. "Interesting name. Let's see here...trained in Command, Close Quarters Combat, basic First Aid, EVA, basic knowledge of IT- Okay, I get it, she knows a lot." He tosses the file aside onto a table.

"I'm interested, I like the way she looks, and she sounds promising. Before I make a decision though, tell me. Why am I here, what can she offer us." The Rep looks out the window briefly and winces as one of the armored men are brought down with a bone-shattering punch. His mouth twists into a grin again, though he focuses on the short man in front of him, who nods. "Miss Livingstone is perhaps one of the more...'capable', people who fit the legislation of Nanotrasen. Not only has she proven herself effective in physical situations," He gestures outside the window as another man is flipped over the woman's arm, quickly silenced with a palmed strike against his diaphragm. "Eheh...but boosts an incredible mental library, as well. As you can see in her file, she's quite adept. I guarantee you wouldn't find a better Head of Security onboard your vessel. And...I dare say, even though she wouldn't admit it, I think she wants to see her sisters again."

The suited man looks over and watches as the last two men are dispatched with a rather complicated-looking maneuver in which she almost gracefully, if ruthlessly, hits them so many times in succession they barely have the wit to make a sound before they crumple. She breathes out slowly, staring down at the defeated foes without a scratch, and slowly looks up towards the mirrored observation room.

The Nanotrasen representative slowly draws his gaze from the amazonian, before his features twist into a grin once more. "We'll get back to you."

What do you like about this character?: I like the fact that she's a SecCom who knows what they're doing, and the fact that she's the older sister of the twins, Ove and Anja. My first impression of this server's security was borderline horrendous, and I started creating this character to whip everyone into shape. It's a while later, and here I am, finally unveiling her.

What do you dislike about this character?: She's rather hardcore, and abides to her job and the Corporate Regulations without fault. This is both her greatest strength and weakness, as hopefully she'll be able to whip people into shape about the line where things are allowed, and aren't. Another thing is that I know for a fact she'll be unpopular with the more "Easygoing" crowd, as I've personally seen on the server where if Security tells one person to stop doing something, that person was involved with their meta-buddies and immediately started causing a scene, and ended up getting a much worse sentence than was originally prescribed.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: She's literally the worst person to commit a crime in front of; That being of course one of her best qualities. Heads of staff are well respected in this community because it's so damn hard to get one for your department. Having Ihintza as a Head of Security would be extremely beneficial to the Security team, as she completely knows what she's doing and does not tolerate disrupting the chain of command. She's fit to be a head of staff because she's fair, honest, and will always crack down with the law.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: At the risk of looking like an egotistical bag of poop, I'd honestly rate my roleplaying as a 9/10.

Extra notes: [DANGER! ACCEPT AT OWN RISK! THIS CHARACTER WILL LEGITIMATELY BRING CHANGE TO THE SECURITY TEAM!]

I am not very sure.

There was a round where i as a Interim RD. The Ai was malf and we were going to destroy it.

I built a RIPLEY to drill into it's core.

Then Anja comes in.

Starts to destoy the mech then Baton's me and cuffs me. She then goes back to security without me still in handcuffs.

This is not a negative review. I kinda like the idea of her.

I wish you the best of luck.

I am not very sure.

There was a round where i as a Interim RD. The Ai was malf and we were going to destroy it.

I built a RIPLEY to drill into it's core.

Then Anja comes in.

Starts to destoy the mech then Baton's me and cuffs me. She then goes back to security without me still in handcuffs.

This is not a negative review. I kinda like the idea of her.

I wish you the best of luck.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, the last thing I want is for my application to be sidetracked, but to be fair, this is what actually happened in that situation.

Coolbc was a Roboticist, and I believe one of the only two members in Science during the Malf round. I suppose he took it upon himself to name himself the Interim RD, though I never heard a lick of it from the Captain or any other head of staff.

Regardless, he builds a Ripley and puts an MMI inside of it. Yep, that's right. Then, he (not literally) slaps the Ripley on the butt and sends it to the AI core, where I and others were standing outside. I was standing in front of the AI Upload, and I was attempting to speak to the AI. You know, actually negotiate to let me inside. Generally not trying to be an asshole and just bust my way inside, kill, then be done with it, y'know? Well, that Ripley and Coolbc didn't think that way.

The Ripley simply says, "Move aside" and pushes me out of the way, and starts drilling inside the AI core, no explanation whatsoever, and interrupting a very serious and attempting-to-roleplay-situation. Charges inside, planning on drilling his way straight to the Core. I tell it to get the fuck out and to stop, I'm trying to at least attempt to reason with it since everyone else was screaming to lynch the AI and that's just shitty, but nope, Coolbc, the "Interim RD", was yelling at how idiotic I am for hurting the Ripley MMI who was still drilling its way inside. A few minutes later, and they've broken through into the AI core and shot it to death. Yay, greentext.

I don't remember arresting Coolbc, but that could just be my memory.

And that's what really happened, as Coolbc could have went into a little more depth to explain. But hey, you've informed everyone that your post wasn't a negative review, and you like the idea of her. Thank you for your +1.

This is very possible.

The HoP who went shortly to Cryo promoted me to interim RD. This is why i have bridge Access.

You did arrest me because the captain at the time had to uncuff me.

And to build the RIPLEY was orderd by the captain, a very good idea that did not come to mind at the time.

Anyway best of luck. +1

Hey'a. I guess I'm just going to put my two cents in.

You can't really change the horrible Security. We've always had Security being held together by a thirty percent who know what they're doing. You can't really stop the rest from being incompetent. Most of the time they're new, un-robust, or just aren't interested enough in the game. Sometimes you'll get a dream team, sometimes you'll get a terrible team. You can't really change that, lots of people have tried and failed.

Another point is regarding an incident with Botany. While you certainly were justified, in the matter. If the Captain tells you to stop trying to detain someone over a minor crime like that, don't try to detain both of them. The Captain is the executive authority on-station and unless he's pushing something extreme or ridiculous you can't just go, 'I am teh leawh'. Just file an incident report, it's not that big of a deal. Secondly, try not to wave detainment around. People will appreciate a reasonable dude a lot more than a hardass. It's a trope that's been done before, and it's hard to pull off well without looking like a dick (I don't do it particularly well myself). As an Officer, and a Head of Staff, think of yourself more as a peace keeper than a law enforcer. Walk to the guy, explain to him, 'Hey bro, I see you've been replacing your floor tiles. That's breaking some regulations, but it's not that big of a deal. So, you're going to get some written permission, and don't do this again, alright sport? Yeah.".

But, besides that a +1, you go buddy.

Hey'a. I guess I'm just going to put my two cents in.

You can't really change the horrible Security. We've always had Security being held together by a thirty percent who know what they're doing. You can't really stop the rest from being incompetent. Most of the time they're new, un-robust, or just aren't interested enough in the game. Sometimes you'll get a dream team, sometimes you'll get a terrible team. You can't really change that, lots of people have tried and failed.

Another point is regarding an incident with Botany. While you certainly were justified, in the matter. If the Captain tells you to stop trying to detain someone over a minor crime like that, don't try to detain both of them. The Captain is the executive authority on-station and unless he's pushing something extreme or ridiculous you can't just go, 'I am teh leawh'. Just file an incident report, it's not that big of a deal. Secondly, try not to wave detainment around. People will appreciate a reasonable dude a lot more than a hardass. It's a trope that's been done before, and it's hard to pull off well without looking like a dick (I don't do it particularly well myself). As an Officer, and a Head of Staff, think of yourself more as a peace keeper than a law enforcer. Walk to the guy, explain to him, 'Hey bro, I see you've been replacing your floor tiles. That's breaking some regulations, but it's not that big of a deal. So, you're going to get some written permission, and don't do this again, alright sport? Yeah.".

But, besides that a +1, you go buddy.

Err, just to clear something up. In that particular case, the reason I sent for the Captain's arrest was because he attempted to order my arrest. Once I showed him that I did indeed know what I was talking about, he started to get pissed off, and then ordered me to leave the Botanist alone. That's almost quite literally against what the SoP states, as only an official ranking higher than the Captain may pardon crimes. Upon me refusing the clearly illegal order, he ordered my arrest. It's at that point where no one even attempted to speak to me or even arrest me, and I called for the Captain's arrest. The Head of Security onboard at that time agreed with my judgement.

Err, just to clear something up. In that particular case, the reason I sent for the Captain's arrest was because he attempted to order my arrest. Once I showed him that I did indeed know what I was talking about, he started to get pissed off, and then ordered me to leave the Botanist alone. That's almost quite literally against what the SoP states, as only an official ranking higher than the Captain may pardon crimes. Upon me refusing the clearly illegal order, he ordered my arrest. It's at that point where no one even attempted to speak to me or even arrest me, and I called for the Captain's arrest. The Head of Security onboard at that time agreed with my judgement.

Eh, if the Head of Security gave the okay that's totally cool man. Thanks for clearing that up.

I like what I read. but here is my question, Why are they hiring a 30 year old person for such an important influencial job ? just because she can take on four men ? what I understand that she's a bit special ? can you explain it to me please.

Other than that Anja is one of the best security guards around, the postion of HoS would be fantastic for her, she is strict and doesn't take shit regarding law and protocol. we would have someone who finally can run this shit department we call security.

Due to recent interactions with said Mary Sue, changing this to a -1.

Because they're an overqualified, athletic, white haired Mary Sue, that's why. Who needs any other reason to hire someone?

Ohh, ho ho, man. Aren't we just the happy camper?

Let me go into detail as to why Callabaddie changed their vote, and proceeded to shit-talk me then, ayy?

It's a RP-Rev round, everyone's favorite. Regardless, skipping the un-important bits, a lot of people are detained for killing people//Disobeying orders, etc. They're all held in the Communal Brig, with myself, Anja Livingstone, watching over them. They're all handcuffed to makeshift beds that were constructed in the Communal Brig, because they wouldn't stop trying to fucking break out. I informed them to stop trying to break out, and I'd even be lenient with a few of them, considering they were murderers. Nope, they continued struggling. At least, most did. Jackson Clarke and another individual, I believe his name was Artyom, were the only ones who actually listened to me, and thus, their cuffs ended up being removed because I trusted them.

Regardless, Samantha Curnow, or perhaps better known, Callabaddie, came into the shift and proceeded to laugh at me in my predicament of trying to manage seven prisoners by myself. They didn't help, they even me'd laughing multiple times as they just sat and watched, even though I told her to get inside and help me. No such luck.

I remember Samantha Curnow saying something along the lines of "Time to hunt for booze." or something of the like, I can't remember. Logs would be appreciated, if a staff member could post them. They then left, on a CODE. RED. SCENARIO. WITH ME BY MYSELF MANAGING 7 PRISONERS WHO KEEP TRYING TO ESCAPE. 10/10 CALLABADDIE.

Skip ahead about an hour, and Samantha's been watching me for how long, the exact times I don't remember. Didn't step inside once to help, but after this amount of time, I didn't expect her to. Regardless, I believe someone announced over the radio that somebody had died. Samantha Curnow immediately responds with (Not literally word for word, but this is what I remember her saying) "Welp, a prisoner died in your care. Time to put that in your records." While in truth, I had no prisoner die under my supervision. The deceased was Seon-Rin Illdenberg I believe, who had never been in the Communal or even regular Brig the entire time. Nope, immediately to the records machine, not so much as a word from her explaining otherwise, or even a question if Seon actually was under my care.

I would have questioned her were it not for a prisoner (Jackson Clarke) having an infection I needed to deal with, so I brought him to Medbay to get fixed up, as the player of Jackson Clarke can testify to, and put him back in the Brig. I checked the Records console to confirm whether or not she actually had altered my records, and lo and behold, they were. Altered by-- Woah, now. A different Officer's name? (I sincerely apologize, but I cannot remember the officer's name in which Samantha used to include this horrendous bit of slander in my Sec records with.) So, let me get this straight. She instantly assumed that a prisoner died under my care without even questioning me, didn't help whatsoever when I was attempting to keep everyone in line, and then committed slander and attempted to blame another person for it.

If that wasn't great enough, check out this next bit. When I confronted Callabaddie, (AKA Samantha Curnow) I informed her that she was to be put under arrest for Slander and Sabotage, seeing as how her name was taken off the Crew Manifest. I believed she'd also deleted her records so she wouldn't be set to arrest (I was later proven wrong, as I checked the Sec records just to make sure. It must have been a bug, as her name was no longer on the Manifest when I checked beforehand.) so her crimes were considered as Sabotage and Slander. She was to be arrested for the appropriate crimes, and I calmly informed her of this. She simply asked, "What evidence?" To which I replied with, quite literally, her confession. She then attempted to say "Without forensic evidence you're not arresting me" or something of the like, and attempted to run off. I whipped out my taser and pointed it at her, and told her to get on the ground. Her reaction was to then whip out her own baton and charge towards me. After a short fight, I have her in cuffs and she's down for the count-- I'd won against this awful, legitimately horrendous Security member, and now, she would have her time to shine in a cell.

...Until I examined her. My oh my, it looks like Samantha Curnow has ghosted. Callabaddie then informed me in LOOC that they ghosted, and they weren't dealing with this. Well, that's a pretty shitty mentality, seeing as how you attempted to beat me down and then got your teeth kicked in. (Metaphorically of course, I didn't so much as harm her.)

I'll be including this in a complaint against Callabaddie as well, as shit-talking me on my Head app is a clear sign of an awful community member. Rip Callabaddie 2015.

+1 to this application, because although Anja is robotic as fuck as security, they can be either one of the better or worse security guards in a variety of different scenarios, which makes RP interesting.

And also because Callabaddie is rude and horrible.

Witnessed some pretty bad behavior from this person ICly and OOCly, and observed them flashing bystanders in the halls silently and running away when chasing a suspect for whatever reason as Anja earlier this week. Might have been a joke, but judging from your character's normal behavior, I wouldn't think it was.

Forum behavior is pretty off the walls too, responding rudely to others for logical arguments, much akin to pre-November Delta. (I have been allowed to use this term)

Witnessed some pretty bad behavior from this person ICly and OOCly, and observed them flashing bystanders in the halls silently and running away when chasing a suspect for whatever reason as Anja earlier this week. Might have been a joke, but judging from your character's normal behavior, I wouldn't think it was.

Forum behavior is pretty off the walls too, responding rudely to others for logical arguments, much akin to pre-November Delta. (I have been allowed to use this term)

I'd appreciate a set of logs or at least some proof for these claims, as I haven't so much as touched SS13 this past week. Until then, I'm going to assume that you're horribly misinformed or simply thinking of someone else. I'd almost definitely remember flashing someone for no reason--As it's against what I do. The only time I'd ever "wordlessly" incapacitate someone is if they suddenly surprised me or I was under attack. Seeing as how randomly flashing a completely innocent person while chasing down someone isn't what I'd do, ever have done, or even been suspected of doing, I'm afraid I'm going to challenge your accusation.

I'd also appreciate a screenshot or otherwise proof for "Rudely responding to logical arguments".

I'd appreciate a set of logs or at least some proof for these claims, as I haven't so much as touched SS13 this past week. Until then, I'm going to assume that you're horribly misinformed or simply thinking of someone else. I'd almost definitely remember flashing someone for no reason--As it's against what I do. The only time I'd ever "wordlessly" incapacitate someone is if they suddenly surprised me or I was under attack. Seeing as how randomly flashing a completely innocent person while chasing down someone isn't what I'd do, ever hahttps://i.gyazo.com/6d712674899fd5b98cc1fc4300581fa6.pngve done, or even been suspected of doing, I'm afraid I'm going to challenge your accusation.

Unfortunately I don't have logs, but I know for 100% sure it was someone with Anja as their first name. Just flashed someone who was running in the halls, I think it might've been to get a clearer shot at a running suspect, but that's still nowhere near the bar you seem to have set for yourself.

Ringing any bells? It's okay if not, I don't have logs of the incident.

I'd also appreciate a screenshot or otherwise proof for "Rudely responding to logical arguments".

Coming right up.

dd50f2ec0f5aa25b3501308cabcf4604.png

a8e5ec93c7a33e99e5588f543b8c2687.png

54d7cbafe7797a3eb347c0a690cb3d04.png

b636c804a8b82709baa1b2edb6c12fe6.png

2f227fdc47e9ef943266e6d7346a7c04.png

4bc8860163c3ea03be21700254e6a122.png

63759583ec7a9c6cdaaae937d2a5b798.png

da2afeaedc4d1041ba9a4d4ad2250aa4.png

A lot of these are pretty varying in extremity, but the fact that they're consistently paired with one another goes to prove just how (forgive me for the term i have literally no other way to describe it so please don't take this personally) "smartassed" your rhetoric appears to be.

Unfortunately I don't have logs, but I know for 100% sure it was someone with Anja as their first name. Just flashed someone who was running in the halls, I think it might've been to get a clearer shot at a running suspect, but that's still nowhere near the bar you seem to have set for yourself.

Ringing any bells? It's okay if not, I don't have logs of the incident.

As a matter of fact, no. I'm going to keep denying this as I have no memory of it whatsoever and if the individual in question was in fact innocent, I'd have no business incapacitating them for no reason while I was busy attempting to catch a criminal. Without proof, this is void.

Coming right up.

dd50f2ec0f5aa25b3501308cabcf4604.png

a8e5ec93c7a33e99e5588f543b8c2687.png

54d7cbafe7797a3eb347c0a690cb3d04.png

b636c804a8b82709baa1b2edb6c12fe6.png

2f227fdc47e9ef943266e6d7346a7c04.png

4bc8860163c3ea03be21700254e6a122.png

63759583ec7a9c6cdaaae937d2a5b798.png

da2afeaedc4d1041ba9a4d4ad2250aa4.png

Of course that's my response-- Let's not forget Callabaddie's statements as well, hmm? http://puu.sh/lTyBb/4dcb1caf4d.png

I'd like to compare myself to a punching bag. If you try to hit me hard enough, I'm going to hit back. If you're relatively chill, then hey, so am I. I'm not going to accept shit-talk or slandering my character application however, based on my actions in one round which was absolute hell to be in. I legitimately had to fill the Communal brig with sleeping gas. THAT'S how bad it got. No one was harmed from it of course, and I turned it off relatively quick.

I'm not sure if you're a personal friend of Callabaddie or not, but my opinion is going to stand and I'm not going to back down. Feel free to spread as much slander as you'd like, no matter what you say, say it as many times as you'd like. Doesn't mean it's true.

Cool, he made a garbage reply and you took the bait and posted more garbage in response.

Dude, the way you're composing yourself in this thread and in the other makes me very much concerned if you become Head of Security. You are going to combat the same shit just about every day you log in some playtime.

Are you really sure you're up for this?