LordRaven001's Skrell Application

BYOND Key: LordRaven001

Character Names: Night That Shatters Days, Arthur Whitemane, WHITEMANE, Whitemane (Ert)

Species you are applying to play: Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Pale/White Gray

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play as the Skrell because I find the race interesting and fun, There is not a lot of Skrell on the NSS Aurora when they are such a fantastic and fascinating race, With there military might, the knowledge they have in there grasps, With healthy Skrells living up to 200 and can extend their life even more through scientific means, How they do not hesitate to further improve their body with Genetic Modifications and Augmentation, They are on good terms with the Diona, Aswell as the humans but look down on the Unathi and Tajaran as children, Would act as some interesting roleplay.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: They have hardened gums instead of teeth so they wouldn't be able to eat a couple of things (steak,hamburgers,chicken) like humans can, Their Head Tentacles, This is what makes me really enjoy this race so much, They have an ability to breathe under water, They take on short concise sentences, like Mordin Solus (Which is one of the main reasons why I would love to play this race), They have a vast interest in Science, So you mainly only see Skrell Scientists on the NSS Aurora, A superior and vast military, And are largely asexual

Character Name: Akero'Ceyta Veeta'Pleat

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Akero was born on Aliose, her family were very accomplished scientists, creating new technology for the Military, Who they strongly supported, They wanted to teach her to become a prestigious scientist and maybe get the attention of the Grand Councillor, They have high expectations for her, Her early life consisted of Schooling and Experiments and occasional sleep, Akero did not like doing science, She had a interest in medicine, helping people instead of developing weapons and technology, She never told her parents this though they would be devastated and very angry. When she was old enough to leave the home and start pursuing advanced education she did. She told her family she was going to study science in Jargon IV, Her family was so proud of her calling her their little angel, It made her feel guilty about what she was really going to Jargon IV for, To study Chemistry,Surgery,General Medicine and Medical treatments, She was determined to be the light in everyones day if they ended up in a bad place or was injured, she would be there, Over time she grew to miss her stern father and her loving mother, Felt almost home sick, She had made quite a few friends so she wasn't alone, But still felt a sense of loneliness, So when this years schooling ended she would return home to visit with her Mother and Father.

The time has finally come for Akero, The schooling term has ended she has said goodbye to her friends and is returning to Aliose to visit her mother and father, When she got back to her colony and went to her home, She didn't find her mother or father, But instead found the long time family friend, Skell'Kora Kela'Leet, Skell was an acomplished scientist as well, She was a very nice person and had always supported Akero's pursuit of medicine instead of Science, They starting speaking on hours on end, Until it reached the end of night and the dreaded question came up, Akero asked what happened to her parents and why aren't they here, Skell avoided eye contact with Akero and told her that they were killed by a Human-led anti-alien terrorism group Akero's movement and tone changed indicating she was sad, She asked Skell if anybody had captured the terrorists that killed her parents, Skell had told Akero no. The next day Akero went back to Jargon IV to finish her studies.

Akero had finally finished her medical studies, She was very wary in trusting of humans until she met a nice gentleman called Keith Remming, Keith was an employee at a company called Nanotrasen Corporation, Akero and Keith started talking and Akero had made the decision to assist at a station of Nanotrasen as a medical employee, The station was called, NSS Aurora

What do you like about this character? I like this character because of the hard time she had in her past and still the dedication on wanting to help everybody, no matter which race or gender they were.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 8/10

Notes: I would love to hear any feedback you guys have so I can hear at what I did wrong.

Edited by Guest

+1

I feel like Shkor and Akero would get along pretty well and have a lot in common with the pasts in military research for the Jargon Fed. Plus, I really like your character Night, and I think he's a good Diona. But focusing more on your skrell, the backstory's pretty decent, and I like how you brought the terrorism angle into it.

I know that LordRaven is fairly new but, they have proved themselves time and time again to be an excellent roleplayer. I have had good roleplaying interactions with all of their characters. A definitive +1 from me.

A note that bright white skrell are usually frowned upon. Light grey would be a safer bet, with a tinge of blue or some other color, perhaps. A mistake I see a lot of new Skrell players make is colored eyes- Skrell eyes are always black as cooooal.

Asides from this, you've proved to be a good RPer, and I think you can handle a Skrell whitelist alright.

Night That Shatters Days has been an engaging character from my experience, so approval there. From what I've seen, WHITEMANE is a decent character and you likewise roleplay decently on it.

I'm a fan of the character type that's devoted to helping others.

Constructive Editorial Feedback. Only read this if you do not mind grammar nazi stuff.

Tons of run-ons and commas replacing periods, especially in the backstory. Join two clauses with "and" and do not capitalize after commas. Separate two sentences with a period.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sorry for the wait! I echo Jenn; a solid white skrell would be better served being toned down to a light grey. Otherwise, application accepted!