Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1138

Chilled Harbour

Recommended Posts

Guest

You gain consciousness.


It is dark as you awaken from a vague, listless dream, and your breathing is slow and deliberate. Your thoughts are disorganized and you have trouble remembering important details.


You regain your faculties, only to notice that you cannot see, nor move, but your depth perception tells you that you're upright, like as if you were standing, but you are buckled down. The surface you are pliant against is comfortable and soft, but as you try to move your arms about, your bare skin touches cold steel and your nerves cause you to recoil and the goosebumps to briefly pop up.


Your breathing accelerates as you begin to panick about the unsureness of your situation, your only viable senses being touch and hearing. The air around you reverts from cold to a brisk temperature, and a dim viridian light glows above you. Your eyes sting at the sudden glow, but after a few seconds your sight adjusts. You look about and you appear to be in an encased closet, or a box, or even a coffin. With air ventilation? you wonder. Your arms and legs are buckled down by braces, and the surface before you is opaque. You obviously cannot see outside of your sanctuary enclosure. You feel like your left leg has lost feeling to it.


You tilt your head upward to look at the dim light. The faint idling and buzzing from the light reaches your ears and creates a constant monotone. A refreshing change from earlier, when the only sound that could be heard was your own slow breath and rustling in the dark.


Another light, similar in hue to the glow above your head, glows to your left, attached to the left side of the enclosure you are buckled into. You look to your left, nothing out of the ordinary. You see a small, worn and rusted box with a subtle touch pad, its own pale blue light glowing dimly. You look to your right, and as expected, the light fixture on the relative east side of the box glows. It begins to dim, and then quickly shorts out and breaks, the sparks lightly shooting past your legs. Another touchpad, one within reach of your hand, begins to glow a cool red. Bright yellow letters on the display monitor of the device blink "RELEASE".


You examine yourself.

 

I'm alive. I'm conscious. I'm dizzy.

Head: numb

Chest: OK

Lower body: OK

Right arm: OK

Right hand: OK

Left arm: OK

Left hand: OK

Right leg: OK

Right foot: OK

Left leg: numb

Left foot: numb

 

Items:

Humbling undersuit

Grey shoes

 

You're alive, at least. You're definitely human, but: you forget if you're a man or a woman, though. Now would be a great time to figure that out before taking any other actions, lest we have an existential crisis later.

 



 

Game Rules:

This is a Forum Game where everyone controls the same character/s. You control the actions of the current character, Dazed, a human with no recollection of their past or who they are.


The way voting works is rather simple:


- You do not vote on any choices given by me, rather you come up with your own action to vote on. Be creative.

- If you find a vote someone else has made that you like, You can choose to mimic that vote and thus give it higher priority. We lost our like system, so quote the post you would like to vote on.

- Higher priority just means that vote's action is taken sooner, all the actions suggested, if not completely outlandish, will be considered.

- If any rolls need to be done, I will handle it.​ Mechanics will be discussed at a more convenient point.


Format is to be done in this manner:


[x] Do something!


Or they might be ignored.


Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

You would scratch your head and wonder why you would think that. You're a person, you couldn't possibly be genderless.


Doubt seeps into your mind, and your mood gets slightly worse over such a seemingly small but still important detail. This isn't a reflection about yourself that you could just immediately skip!

Share this post


Link to post
Shout out something stereotypical, like "Hello!?" or "Is anyone there?!" Hearing your feminine voice should make things clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Think of a Womans body, and how good it looks

 

You're not that egomaniacal, you think to yourself. Regardless, the situation is clearer now that an important character staple is cleared up.

 

Shout out something stereotypical, like "Hello!?" or "Is anyone there?!" Hearing your feminine voice should make things clear.

 

You attempt to cry out for help, but your vocal cords are unable to form the proper words. You then realize that you're parched with thirst. If this issue was resolved, you'd easily be able to hear yourself outside of your thoughts.


At the very least, you examine yourself and find that you have a womanly figure. Your mood gets slightly better. Although, being parched with thirst puts your Stress at a mild level. At least your stomach isn't grumbling.

 

- Stress 30/300


- I'm parched with thirst. -20

- I feel without a purpose. -10

 

Now might be a good time to figure out how to get out of this box, so you don't die of thirst, or worse: boredom.

 

Stress governs your overall mood, but certain actions, behavior or events will cause the main character to develop certain Traits in response to situations. At the first threshold as you reach it, I will roll for initiative to determine a trait is to be given, whether positive or negative. I will roll again for a specific attribute. For the second threshold, the Trait you can be given will either be quite crippling, or the Trait you earn will give you an attribute to overcome an obstacle. At the final threshold, you will either have a heart attack due to the incredible stress you've undergone, or you will roll for the best Stress modifiers available. Keeping your Stress low by satisfying negative moodlet modifiers will prove to be a difficult task. It may be best to suffer through negative moodlets to roll for a Trait.

Share this post


Link to post

How spacious is the box? Can I curl up into the fetal position? Drink my own urine?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

How spacious is the box? Can I curl up into the fetal position? Drink my own urine?

 

The box is shaped almost like the inside of a coffin. Circular clasp-like restraints keep your legs braced down, though your arms and hands have a slight bit of freedom. You look around the enclosed space again, your eyes darting around. The display monitor on your right still blinks "RELEASE" with a touchpad below it. A small lockbox still sits on the left side of the enclosed box.


You don't think you would want to drink your own urine. That's unsanitary and gross.

Share this post


Link to post

Well kind-sir/voice-in-my-head, I would like to drink my urine if it pleases me! Now, I will use my androgynous amoebae strength to break through those restraints, and possibly find a way to consume my own urine, and look for one of those cool little wrist bands that form around your wrist if you slap 'em they're really cool dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Well kind-sir/voice-in-my-head, I would like to drink my urine if it pleases me! Now, I will use my androgynous amoebae strength to break through those restraints, and possibly find a way to consume my own urine, and look for one of those cool little wrist bands that form around your wrist if you slap 'em they're really cool dude.

 

You can't do that, mortal. Firstly, it's not as if you could remotely drink your own urine given your current position. Secondly, you're only human. Those steel restraints aren't going to just snap off because you want them to, as much as you wriggle to try and snap them off in a rage. Thirdly, you are very much inclined to not drink your own pee, especially considering how parched you are.


Badassery may have to wait in favor of practicality.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Try to reach the touchpad and press random buttons.

 

You reach towards the touchpad glowing "RELEASE". Your fingers manage to tap the touchscreen after a bit of leaning and stretching. Your restraints begin to clack and whirr, and then jolt backward into the seat. Your arms and legs are freed from their steel bonds.


You wait for a few moments, as your own personal prison begins to idle. A hissing noise can be heard above you, and then below all around you. Your enclosure begins to attempt to open, and opaque gas seeps in, giving your face a warm welcome as you instinctively shut your eyes and shield your face as a blast of wind hits you.


...And you fall out of your former home, lightly bruising your arms as you meet the ground. Ouch.


You flip yourself over, back against the ground, facing behind you and try to see what the outside of your coffin looks like.


Oh. That's no coffin at all. Despite having little actual memory, you're smart enough to know what a cryogenic storage cell is. Funny, you don't even know what the year is, but you know what you just now came out of.


You hear a clicking sound from the box you saw in that personal cell you woke up from. It opens ever so slightly.


Your mood gets slightly better, having escaped such an enclosure. You're hoping you won't be stuck in similar places.

 

- Stress 25/300


- I'm parched with thirst. -20

- Ow. My arms hurt. - 5

- I'm wary about my adventure. - 5

- Finally, I'm out of that prison. +5

I'm alive. I'm conscious. I'm dizzy.

Head: numb

Chest: OK

Lower body: OK

Right arm: minor pain

Right hand: OK

Left arm: minor pain

Left hand: OK

Right leg: OK

Right foot: OK

Left leg: numb

Left foot: numb

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Look around where you just dropped in, is there any medical supplies? Food or water perhaps?

 

That's certainly an important goal at the moment, but a little direction might be needed. You can't quite see around the room at the moment, aside from your cryo storage cell you recently fell out of, its few lights glowing dimly in the almost total darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

Spam the masturbate verb for two long lasting positive moodlets.

 

You shake your head and insist that you are a refined woman with strict up-bringing, although you cannot actually assure yourself entirely if that is true, given your lack of memory. In a time like this, though, it's incredibly inappropriate. Not to mention kind of gross, current environment sanitation being considered.

 

...

 

You decide you're effectively doing nothing at the moment, so you take it upon yourself to check out the small lockbox attached to the side of your former prison. You flip the partially opened lid downward and attempt to steal a peek at the box's contents.


A small deflated-looking... thing. You take it out of the box, the limp rubber-like material laying dormant in your hands. You hear a brief hissing sound, and then suddenly the device inflates!


You were genuinely worried that this would've spelled your end, but you laugh as it forms into a rubber snake. You are without an inventory storage article at the moment, so you cannot carry this gimmick toy with you at the moment.


You set the snake toy on the ground, its tiny forked tongue sticking out and flapping about. You seriously have not seen something this adorable.


You return to the box and pull out... yet another inflatable object. It's rather unwieldy and awkward to be pulling out, almost like pulling out tied-together handkerchiefs from a circus performer's pocket. You finally pull the full length of the rubbery material out and set it on the floor.


The device inflates!


It forms in the shape of a satchel, with zippers and several convenient survival pockets. It is rather bulky, but you figure you'll learn to adjust. You sling the accessory across your right shoulder, the pack resting on your left hip.


You reach into the box again, with both hands now. In your left hand, you grab two box-like objects. In your right, you struggle to pull out a weighty object with a handle on the top.


You set the items in your hands on the ground in front of the light. To your left, two liquidration food boxes. These would be useful if you actually had water. To your right and before you, a carry-handle heavy-duty flashlight. It's already loaded with a fission battery. While fission batteries are normally unlikely to ever run out due to the robust nature of fission charges, the charge gauge seems to linger at about 18%, according to the display.


You set the items aside and reach into the almost emptied lockbox again, with both hands.


With your left hand, you grasp a few cylindrical objects into your palm. You figure you still have room in your palm, so you reach again and grasp another object along with the small cylinders. With your right hand, after pulling your left hand outward, you feel about the spacious container for the last object...


You grasp a leathery rounded object. The weight feels awkward, though, shifted primarily to the front. Your forefinger and middle finger seems to feather some sort of catch and-


Misfire! The blaster goes off!


A sudden burst of energy incinerates the inside of the container, the bolt piercing through the container, through the side of your cryogenic cell container, and then impacts into a nearby wall, being stopped immediately by the thick metal. You immediately back away, gently put down the pistol onto the ground, and then watch as your dim green cryogenic chamber lights glow a hot red.


..Well, oops. You weren't thinking about going back to sleep, right?


You open your left hand and see...


Four energy cells, each marked as "BLAEC". They look like they could be loaded into the pistol you just used to punch a gaping hole through your previous living quarters.

and...

One half liter bottle of water! Thank goodness. You thought you were going to die of thirst.


You lay out all of the items on the floor and decide on what you should pack. But, not before taking the blaster in hand and enable the safety, putting it back down again and considering your options.

 

- Stress 20/300


- I'm parched with thirst. -20

- Ow. My arms hurt. - 5

- I'm wary about my adventure. - 5

- Finally, I'm out of that prison. +5

- Seeing the rubber snake toy lifted my spirits. +5

I'm alive. I'm conscious. I'm dizzy.

Head: numb

Chest: OK

Lower body: OK

Right arm: minor pain

Right hand: OK

Left arm: minor pain

Left hand: OK

Right leg: OK

Right foot: OK

Left leg: numb

Left foot: numb

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like stress is bad, and having no purpose is stressful. My purpose should thus be to figure out what is going on in my current situation. I can worry about everything else after I make sure i'm not going to get shot. I have a gun after all.


Actions Hit the On button on the flashlight, and take the time to examine myself my surroundings, and what are now my items. Make sure the water is actually water then drink.

Share this post


Link to post

Reflect on the voices in your head telling you different, insane and conflicting things. You may come to the conclusion you may have gone insane during your unconsciousness. Or are they voices real people? Paranoia seeps in, stress increases.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

I feel like stress is bad, and having no purpose is stressful. My purpose should thus be to figure out what is going on in my current situation. I can worry about everything else after I make sure i'm not going to get shot. I have a gun after all.

 

Well thought, you think to yourself quietly. Though there is one thing to clear up.

 

Reflect on the voices in your head telling you different, insane and conflicting things. You may come to the conclusion you may have gone insane during your unconsciousness. Or are they voices real people? Paranoia seeps in, stress increases.

 

You oblige the necessity to reflect upon your current situation, especially considering you've no actual recollection of any events prior to being here. And even then, one could say it's your first time being wherever you are. It's like you were born here, fresh and ignorant aside from what pure instinct and intuition tells you.


...Albeit, you're all-too familiar with that blaster on the floor. You've a faint hint that you've used one of those on something more lively than an inanimate cryogenic sleeper.


These answers won't come with constant thinking. It's time to take action and... attack!

 

ACTION!

 

You turn on your flashlight, stuff as many items as your bulky satchel can carry into the bag slung over your shoulder. As it turns out, you did not struggle in doing so, and the bag is still fairly light.


Your left hip of your jumpsuit seems to have a metallic clasp attached to it. Looks like a magnet, almost. You pick up the blaster carefully and motion it towards the clasp...

and the weapon instinctively locks itself to your hip, and the capacitor glows green rather than a seething red. You believe it's because the safety is enabled in the magnetic holster. Cool.


You stand up from the ground and aim the flashlight around the room. Due east, towards the malfunctioning cryogenic sleeper unit. Towards south, against the far wall where a workbench and dispenser machine stand against. Towards west, where a solid airlock stands firm alongside the wall. Towards north, where a mirror and medical analyzer unit sits against the wall. It might be best to get a checkup.


You take a subtle drink from your bottle of water, though you endeavor to not guzzle it down wholly. Your need for water is satiated, for now.


What should you examine first?



 

inventory

-Opblaas snake

-2 LiquidRation

-BLAEC blaster pistol

-4 BLAEC ammunition cells

-1 half litre bottle of water

mood

- Stress 0/300


- Ow. My arms hurt. - 5

- I'm wary about my adventure. - 5

- Finally, I'm out of that prison. +5

- The rubber snake toy lifted my spirits. +5

health condition

I'm alive. I'm conscious. I'm dizzy.

Head: numb

Chest: OK

Lower body: OK

Right arm: minor pain

Right hand: OK

Left arm: minor pain

Left hand: OK

Right leg: OK

Right foot: OK

Left leg: numb

Left foot: numb

 

(My apologies, work + preparing for uni has been rough this week.)

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...