[Denied] HunterRS's Whitelist App Trial 5. For Real this time, Not pulling back.

BYOND key: HunterRS

Character names: Edgar Dawnguard, Tribune, I have more coming soon

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I have been on for about a year now but was inactive for about 6 months... but I am back now

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I would like to be on the whitelist because I feel like I would be a good RD because I have had multiple shifts where I am the interim RD and it worked out well

Why did you come to Aurora?: I came on Aurora because I was bored and looking for a server to stick too

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Of course

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is the interaction of two or more peoples characters that they create. Roleplay is fun for all and it shouldn't be a thing to get mad about. After all it's just a game. Roleplay should be fun for all parties, and it shouldn't add OOC sources to changed characters. If a character doesn't like it they should ask for help during it.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: My old one if you want to read it along with what I said before

I think the purpose of heads of staff are to keep their department running and active, and in the case of an emergency, be an acting captain to deal with a threat. The heads of staff should be able to stay calm during crisis situations and be able to control the station if needed to. Heads of staff should be able to be trusted by the people and be friendly. They should be supposed to be looked upon but all members of thier department and be someone to ask for new people if they have and questions like how to work toxins so they don't kill everyone. OOC Wise I think they should be able to stay calm in most situations and be able to help people in OOC when needed. If they have questions they should be able to ask questions

I feel like the OOC purpose ingame of a head of staff person is to help anyone that needs help OOC or offer help at any time. They should be able to take the initiative on helping people and able to stop any drama that happens (which doesn't always happen). If this isn't what you think I am think I am reading this wrong.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: I think the OOC responsibilities of whitelisted players are to stay calm and not get upset. Whitelisted players should be a role model for people to look up to. I would uphold these because I am mostly calm unless you get me mad, which is really hard. I like to help people around and show them if they don't understand.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Edgar Dawnguard

Character age: 37

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Edgar was born into a large family on Mars, with two brothers and a sister, him being the oldest. Edgar's parents were engineers, designing and making ways to pressurize areas on Mars cheaply. Edgar always wanted to create and innovate items to help people. He always was with his family making new ideas for his parents to try out. When he was in school he excelled in math and science. Edgar always had a joking way to mess with people. Edgar was the comedy of his family, making funny gadgets to pull pranks on people for a joke. Edgar graduated high school and was offered a scholarship at Mars University where he attended college.

Edgar went to Lowell City College for four years, going to obtain a Masters in Robotics, wanting to make new machine and gadgets to help the quality of life. After his second year he was offered an internship as a roboticist. He agreed and was in the position while he completed his course, after Graduating he was offered a position aboard a research station by NanoTrason. He agreed and liked how it was organized and the security of the stations. He worked there for a few years and wondered how alien lifeforms worked to broaden is way on how robotics worked. As he worked there there he made many synthetics, including something have gone rogue. He has helped fuel the free synth debate by created synthetics to work for station. He questioned his line of work on how he is destroying jobs, but he continued work nonetheless, still questioning the ethnic of making robots to destroy jobs and take people's lives. He questioned if forced cyborgifications is right, and vowed to never borg someone without permission, putting a DNB in his medical records once hired.

He went to Mars University and attended there for 8 years, making a deal with NanoTrason to extend his contract in for the company to pay for his tuition. Years into his studies to started working interns on various stations and labs, experimenting. When he graduated he started working as both a Xenobiologist and a Roboticist. He was then transferred to the NSS Aurora before it was decommissioned for refitting. He was then transferred to the NSS Exodus, where he has caught up with his friends and family.

What do you like about this character?: I like Edgar because he is a friendly guy to play, doesn't want to see people hurt, and will help people if in need.

What do you dislike about this character?: One of the major things I don't like about him is how dedicated he is to his job and work. He likes to work, but will spend days working on something.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: I think Edgar would fit because he is mostly calm and can be very calm in crisis situations. He likes to stay positive, even during crisis situations, he would help out the people stay calm.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I think my roleplaying had gotten better over the few months I was gone and that I am here to stay now.

Extra notes: PLEASE READ If you are reading this. Thank you for sticking with me. I am just going to say a few things. 1. I apologize for that friday night. 2. It will never happen again, I promise. 3. For everything that has helped me want to post this again and understood me in this week, I thank you dearly, without you, I would be a mess, thank you all.

Finally: If you don't think I am fit, I want you to look at the time I was head, I choked once in a two week period, if you still think I don't deserve it, I spent two weeks as interim and no one had a problem with it. If you still think so... please post why

This is my first app I'm not going to pull back, I feel like everything is over now.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop posting these without significant changes and/or time. The last one was denied for a reason, and feedback on both prior apps wasn't addressed.

Edit: I see that it wasn't denied, but actually taken down by your request (again.) I don't think that an app should vanish when it receives criticism.

For people who review this third version, also look at this thread and this thread and this thread too to see what has already been said by others. I don't think I'll be giving a yes or no opinion here.

Edited by Guest

I'm going to go ahead and toss Hunter a +1, Though it may not mean much he has shown that he can handle a whitelist, One mistake shouldn't ban him from being a head for the rest of his time here, I have full faith that he can and will succeed if he gets his head whitelist back, Good luck my man.

I hate to do this but I'm going to have to give this a -1, not for Hunter's IC activities they've been pretty standard as of late but for his OOC hostility. Hunter takes criticism to heart and treats it as a personal insult. Reacting to situations like a bull in a china shop. He refuses to take blame for his whitelist strip even today, where he still occasionally claims that 'Chaznoodles' ruined his reputation, I think Hunter quite needs to look inward regarding his whitelist strip and subsequent actions instead of shifting the blame to those around him. If he would stop treating the game as his life, where any comment is a slight against his reputation and learned not to take everything to heart and react with insults and the such then I think this would be a pretty easy +1 as Hunter roleplays usually quite well and he's a half decent bloke.

I hate to do this but I'm going to have to give this a -1, not for Hunter's IC activities they've been pretty standard as of late but for his OOC hostility. Hunter takes criticism to heart and treats it as a personal insult. Reacting to situations like a bull in a china shop. He refuses to take blame for his whitelist strip even today, where he still occasionally claims that 'Chaznoodles' ruined his reputation, I think Hunter quite needs to look inward regarding his whitelist strip and subsequent actions instead of shifting the blame to those around him. If he would stop treating the game as his life, where any comment is a slight against his reputation and learned not to take everything to heart and react with insults and the such then I think this would be a pretty easy +1 as Hunter roleplays usually quite well and he's a half decent bloke.

I do take blame for my whitelist strip, i messed up at parts, i just dont think the strip was needed, but i understand. And i have only reacted aganist chaz, no one else, i have not said anyone ruined my rep but him, dont know where you get that from.

And i have only reacted aganist chaz, no one else, i have not said anyone ruined my rep but him

You accused me of abusing my friendship with Loow to have your whitelist stripped, you accused me of metagaming with people on a different game, you've thrown numerous hissyfits in both OOC and Discord. Instead of dealing with issues like a reasonable person, you attempted to shift the blame onto me in this thread and Discord, and make yourself out to be the victim. This is not an appropriate attitude, neither IC nor OOC, for a player who wants to be whitelisted for respected roles.

ICly hunter does not make a good head of staff. Edgar has proven time and time again to be incompetent in research and development. Its become a running joke in medical now that Edgar will end up almost dying to slimes whenever he's on station. He has his own personal Cyro Pod for when it happens.

OOCly Hunters behavior is not a good example for the community (which someone with a head whitelist should be.)

So for those reasons I'm giving a -1

ICly hunter does not make a good head of staff. Edgar has proven time and time again to be incompetent in research and development. Its become a running joke in medical now that Edgar will end up almost dying to slimes whenever he's on station. He has his own personal Cyro Pod for when it happens.

OOCly Hunters behavior is not a good example for the community (which someone with a head whitelist should be.)

So for those reasons I'm giving a -1

This was about 3 months ago, since then I havn't gotten attacked by slimes in about a month now, and I know how to RnD and Robotics almost to memory now. I don't understand that statement. Maybe you havn't been on in while, or not noticed, but when was the last time I got attacked by slimes?

Edited by Guest
And i have only reacted aganist chaz, no one else, i have not said anyone ruined my rep but him

You accused me of abusing my friendship with Loow to have your whitelist stripped, you accused me of metagaming with people on a different game, you've thrown numerous hissyfits in both OOC and Discord. Instead of dealing with issues like a reasonable person, you attempted to shift the blame onto me in this thread and Discord, and make yourself out to be the victim. This is not an appropriate attitude, neither IC nor OOC, for a player who wants to be whitelisted for respected roles.

Maybe because you shifted a lot of blame on me for when you messed up, I have acted reasonable, and you guys are just filling my app with memes and trying to block out what I am trying to do. I take blame for what happened, and when I apologized to you you ignored me and forgot about it. What says you aren't going to mess me up again when I make a small mistake?

Please state when I messed up and tried to shift blame onto you, as well as when we tried to block out what you do, instead of making blanket statements.

You didn't make one small mistake, you made a collection of big mistakes.

You know what, I have seen you try to start stuff with me, you have tried multiple times. You are trying now, I am done talking to you, Staff, if he continues, please do something.

Any other questions, I'm welcome to answer.

You know what, I have seen you try to start stuff with me, you have tried multiple times. You are trying now, I am done talking to you, Staff, if he continues, please do something.

Any other questions, I'm welcome to answer.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm putting forward my opinion. Just because it's one you dislike, you're going to pretend to ignore it and cry to staff? That's definitely not IC nor OOC behaviour from someone who should have a head whitelist, in my opinion.

Alright. I'm going to post how I feel about the character of Edgar Dawnguard and only his character. Not his OOC. OOC does not equal to IC, therefore the OOC should not be encouraged to have influence on IC. THEN, that would be consider metagaming, powergaming, or even metagrudge and the head application can be taken away easily once again. Though, this is not why HunterRS's whitelist was stripped for. The OOC concerns should not be, from my point of view, a factor in deciding the application. This is a whitelist application to decide if the player is willingly to hold up his roleplay standards high enough to meet the expectations. Did he do it? I'd say so myself, yes. The banning admin, Loow, should have his word to see and analyze if HunterRS had improved overtime.

Edgar Dawnguard has earned many respects and recognition by his fellow co-workers as a scientist and as an Interim (or just) Research Director. Edgar Dawnguard as we all know to be an only Research Director, not becoming from Scientist to a Head of Security. That's for a different character. Edgar Dawnguard had not, for a while, been eaten by a slime. He's been working in Research and Development for too long to make a big mishap as a scientist. I do indeed promote Edgar Dawnguard to Interim Research Director once a while for Edgar to hone his skills as Captain Vincent LeChiffre.

+1

EDIT: Miscommunication is a common mistake among everyone and shouldn't be taken to punished severely.

Alright. I'm going to post how I feel about the character of Edgar Dawnguard and only his character. Not his OOC. OOC does not equal to IC, therefore the OOC should not be encouraged to have influence on IC. THEN, that would be consider metagaming, powergaming, or even metagrudge and the head application can be taken away easily once again. Though, this is not why HunterRS's whitelist was stripped for. The OOC concerns should not be, from my point of view, a factor in deciding the application. This is a whitelist application to decide if the player is willingly to hold up his roleplay standards high enough to meet the expectations. Did he do it? I'd say so myself, yes. The banning admin, Loow, should have his word to see and analyze if HunterRS had improved overtime.

Edgar Dawnguard has earned many respects and recognition by his fellow co-workers as a scientist and as an Interim (or just) Research Director. Edgar Dawnguard as we all know to be an only Research Director, not becoming from Scientist to a Head of Security. That's for a different character. Edgar Dawnguard had not, for a while, been eaten by a slime. He's been working in Research and Development for too long to make a big mishap as a scientist. I do indeed promote Edgar Dawnguard to Interim Research Director once a while for Edgar to hone his skills as Captain Vincent LeChiffre.

+1

EDIT: Miscommunication is a common mistake among everyone and shouldn't be taken to punished severely.

I disagree here. OOC behavior definitely should factor into the decision as it is an insight into the player which by proxy does affect their IC character. There's a reason we ask these questions.

The OOC concerns should not be, from my point of view, a factor in deciding the application.

Unless he says otherwise, UM is definitely saying that the application should not be denied on OOC behavior concerns. Incog is right in saying that OOC behavior is a factor into the accept/deny decision. It's a very important factor, actually.

The OOC concerns should not be, from my point of view, a factor in deciding the application.

Unless he says otherwise, UM is definitely saying that the application should not be denied on OOC behavior concerns. Incog is right in saying that OOC behavior is a factor into the accept/deny decision. It's a very important factor, actually.

Oh I read that wrong, Yeah I know OOC plays a role into it.

Staffs tells people that their point of view (opinion) is wrong. I wish people would have brought this to my attention of what I meant to say. I completely forgot it. Fortunately, I remember now.

But, I said OOC concerns. Actually, everyone assumed that OOC behaviors is a factor. Yes. Yes, OOC behavior is a factor, but although isn't what I meant to say. I meant to say the relationship between IC and OOC. OOC shouldn't have influence on IC. If OOC behavior. I had thought that the OOC concerns was part of the OOC behavior, not the OOC behavior being part of the OOC concerns. Other word

Oh well, paragraph #2 is convenient.