Complaint against Nandabun

BYOND Key: Haveatya

Game ID: buKVZf

Player Byond Key: Nandabun

Staff involved: discussed with Nursiekitty and Serveris6

Reason for complaint: Insulting me passively and directly outside of the game over my character's IC actions. They passively insulted me telling me I forgot how to play, and directly complained to me in OOC about my character doing his job because they wanted to play hero in a terrorist situation despite their role as an engineer and head of staff. If he wanted to throw a fit in IC that is fine, but to bad mouth over OOC I feel is inappropriate for any player, especially a head of staff who should represent the community's best.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? I was approached by an admin, but nothing was resolved by the conversation or really even directly addressed an issue.

Approximate Date/Time: 12/8/16 @ approximately 2000-2200

Right, so, this is a roleplaying server. Edgar Dawnguard, I have no idea who plays him, but IC him and Aquila are friends. We were in the middle of roleplaying. Yes, we were shouting at each other. That is Aquila. In her eyes, all Edgar was doing was hurting himself and giving Aquila and her engineers more work to do. Did you notice the very large and very deadly fireaxe Aquila usually carries? It was on the floor, because she didn't want to hurt her friend. The "FINE I'LL BLOW US ALL UP" was a bluff that she was calling. Suddenly you muscle in, without much word, and as I was replying to you (roleplaying, on the heavy role play server) you rush to me, push me, grab my welder and throw it away. We're roleplay. We were roleplaying. You were not roleplaying. EVERYONE gathered there was mad at you for disturbing the scene in that manner.

Not 20 seconds after I leave, you bumrush the distraught scientist, like 4 people died and arrivals was straight fucked deadly for at least an hour while we were fighting vacuum, saving people arriving, putting out the fire.

So yes. When Aquila saw another friend, Ash, dead from your actions, she grabbed you and slammed you into a door. And OOCly I think this report is nonsense. My stand by what I said in-game and in this post. You kind of ruined an unfolding event that had the potential to calm down, and blew up the vacant office and got a lot of people hurt and injured.

At least if Aquila's bluff was called, everyone else was in the process of evacuating the area, while my character was trying to talk her in-game friend out of a terrible decision.

I do not recall telling you you forgot how to play, nor do I recall saying anything in OOC about you. LOOC, yes. It was ridiculous, in my opinion. I have the right to voice my view on a group of people having fun being ruined and having to spend the rest of the shift fixing your decision.

This. Seems like a fairly reasonable complaint, based off of what I saw.

After a handful of ahelps directing me to the scene, I found Aquila standing in what was very clearly, a stand off between Dawnguard and security. Admittedly - the first thing I found myself was - "The fuck are they even doing here? Surely they see the fueltank? And the bomb suit wearing security?"

I that's truly your defense, though, I'm going to have to side with Haveatya.

Seriously, what were you thinking?

Provoking someone with a welder? Telling them to blow it? As a head of staff?

I was standing there, when you pulled the welder i disarmed you and threw it then began to tell you to leave IC, instead of responding IC you yell at me in LOOC. I also didn't go in the room of my accord. I was pushed, however it is irrelevant because that is IC. I have no complaints about you doing what you did as Aquila, though I found it unnecessary and childish, i assume that was roleplaying like you said. I am not complaining about Aquila. I am talking about you being unprofessional in OOC. You literally said "some people forgot how to roleplay" in response to someone out of character.

I standby my actions IC and you do too, I don't fault you for that. But for being upset about it OOC and being aggressive OOC is unnecessary. While I can handle it just fine, it is a game afterall, that sort of behavior from a head of staff is not conducive to a role where you should expect new players to function, yelling at them in LOOC is not how you handle a situation you don't want to be in.

To /expect/ security staff to standby and watch untrained and hostile personnel yelling at a known dangerous criminal is ludicrous. Then to act attacked and be aggressive in LOOC is unwarranted.

Okay First of all, Hey Nanda, I'm Edgar

Second Off. I was talking to Aquila and she was trying to defuse the situation, Edgar was on the VERGE of calming down, but when the other person (Forget the name already) Came and took the welder, Edgar noticed and was ready to light the bombs. I am siding with Nanda, She almost defused it and it was a friend to friend discussion.

Third Off. When the bomb suit guy walked in, Nanda WAS THE ONLY ONE that left the room, the rest just stood there as I lit myself on fire and blew up the welder tanks, killing multiple people. I'm pretty sure she tried to save me also, I am not positive as I was knocked out

Finally. If security saw a guy with two IEDs, would they try to go in without bomb suits? Both security members and a borg wanted to go in, Aquila was the on keeping them back.

"The fuck are they even doing here? Surely they see the fueltank? And the bomb suit wearing security?"

The bomb suit wearing security is the one that caused the incident.

bum rushing a suicide bomber is not roleplaying.

If you take this personally what really is your complaint? That you made a mistake and don't like that I pointed it out off-handedly in public? I'm confused.

As I have pointed it out multiple times, I didn't want to go in. I took your position and was standing there when I was pushed in by the security borg. How am I supposed to know the situation when I am told to take position at the front after receiving a briefing over radio? When police officers pull up to a scene and see someone standing there with a knife threatening to set off a bomb, why would they think "Oh I bet they got it! They are trained and equipped for this." I was doing my job and you got upset you couldn't play hero and took it OOC. I was told to stand there and keep people away. You are a person and were there, irrelevant of the fact that you were not at all being subtle or calming and were being aggressive.

It seems that Hunter is defending Aquila's actions, which again, is not the point of this. Aquila is doing what she thinks is right, I show up, see a dangerous situation, and dealt with it directly in the way Tyco should. I had no information. This all happened IC and should have stayed IC; but didn't. That is the problem. Nandabun took her feelings to OOC about IC in an appropriate manner.

Your only problems, it would seem, are that I made you (A CE) leave the location where a terrorist bomber was held up in a room, threw your welder you were waving around near a bomb, and "rushed the guy with a bomb". Yet two of those were appropriate roleplay for my role and one was something I didn't choose to do, hence me surviving that blast by being outside the room at the time of the explosion because I was already leaving after being pushed in three tiles by a security borg that wanted to rush Edgar. I didn't even have a single weapon drawn at the time.

This won't resolve anything because you are refusing to see my points and acknowledge my statements and instead just choose to repeat your statements and beliefs about irrelevant topics to this post. In turn I do the same hoping you will acknowledge them.

Nothing is going to get heated, unless either of you decide to unnecessarily escalate this.

Yes, I believe your OOC actions were inappropriate during and following an IC incident. While others have done this before to me and others, your role as Chief Engineer (or any head of staff) means you should be held completely accountable for your actions and viewed with full scrutiny.

Your role is important and to break SOP and then get mad OOC about it when someone else comes by and follows SOP (to your displeasure) leaves me fully dissatisfied with your capabilities.

I will stress again, had none of the OOC stuff taken place. Your actions IC were legitimate and understandable and despite my frustrations, I wouldn't be here right now replying to a formal complaint against you.

You know I'm not a moderator or an admin, right? I Applied for the head of staff whitelist, nothing further. I'm literally just another player. What I do OOC has no bearing what-so-ever on my characters and there's no relation between the two.

Everyone at the vacant office was roleplaying. You ran up, shouted, and shoved me down without letting me reply or perform an action. You forgot how to roleplay. That is a thing you did.

Claiming my OOC comment has bearing because I was playing as Chief Engineer doesn't make any sense to me, I'm sorry.

If I was an atmos tech, IAA, doesn't matter. What you walked onto was a friend handling a distraught other friend, which you ruined and then got everyone killed.

I do remember my comment now, btw. I believe someone asked if the round was worth joining. I replied "It would have been, but someone forgot how to roleplay." or something like that. Right?

That's what this complaint is about. You made a mistake, people got mad. I just happen to be the head of staff character that voiced their opinion publicly.

Your real complaint should be the cyborg that refused to obey laws and, as you say, shoved you in. Which I believe, that AI is difficult at times.

I don't know what you expect admins to do to the effect of "Nanda said I forgot how to roleplay in OOC one round."

Do you guys wanna mute my OOC for a few days as punishment or something, to get this out of the way? I'll go for that, just to get this thread done and over.

I can imagine the noted on my ckey now. "Muted for saying someone forgot how to roleplay."

I disarmed your welding tool and threw it, then told you to leave because you shouldn't be involved in this as an engineer. It is the LOOC and OOC aggression i received from you is not conducive to a healthy roleplay environment. Your belief you were warranted in doing what you were doing because your characters are friends despite multiple statures against what you did and then getting offended and speaking against it in OOC displays a poor understanding of the IC and OOC rules that you should have as a head of staff.

None of this is relevant to my character's in-game job. You have an ooc complaint. You have stated IC things were not an issue, and your IC complaint was dismissed, because of this thread.

You are filing a complaint that I made a singular disparaging comment in OOC, and for some reason keep referencing that I was chief engineer/Head of Staff. It doesn't make sense to me sir.

I am going to stop here and let a mod/min see if they need anything further from me, so we don't just keep going back and forth with the same thing, because we're just going in circles now.

If it helps anything, I apologize for having said that in OOC, but outside of this I don't understand.

None of this is relevant to my character's in-game job. You have an ooc complaint. You have stated IC things were not an issue, and your IC complaint was dismissed, because of this thread.

I'm on no one's side.

IC complaint was mainly dismissed due to high antagonist involvement. Though true, we do not do double jeopardy. If little or no actions were taken on OOC complaint. Then, IC issue can step in.

Alright. Administration discussed this at length last night, with the player notes of Nandabun being consulted, in which a trend falling in pattern with this event was associated between everyone involved.

NursieKitty and myself both agreed that this complaint touched a valid issue, and I myself took it upon myself to review the server logs from the round in question.

After Nursie, myself had several uninvolved administrators provide input, we made the decision to make the final call to TishinaStalker, our primary administrator overseeing command whitelists and the chief regular on expectations for whitelisted players.

He made the decision to move forward with a full command whitelist strip on Nandabun, which can be expected to occur later today. More in-depth details behind this decision are best taken directly to Tish.

With this, we will be considering this complaint resolved. Our thanks to everyone who provided input.

Locking and archiving.