About Uneth and their restrictions on Head positions

Guest 1138

I'm curious as to why Unathi are restricted from intellectually-focused head positions, as well as captaincy. I'm pretty sure their culture being primarily focused on being honor-bound/war-mongering isn't necessarily applicable for every Uneth. Being adopted, orphaned, self-taught, slaved for a short period of time and also taught interstellar tips and tricks whilst also acquiring an education... None of these potential backgrounds are snowflakey in the slightest, though, they're perfectly legitimate the way I see it.

It's just a manner of principle, yet at the same time it doesn't quite make sense. What gives, gais?

Everyone is hinting at it but no one is saying it. It's because lizards are brutish, smelly, laborers compared to the intellectual man ape. No good human would find themselves serving under a lesser lizard. Is what I'm sure many of the other humans would say. Personally I know we're all equally weak compared to kitties :D

Pump has a red Unathi Captain, unless he deleted it and told everyone to void that character.

Should be noted this was waaaaay before Unathi lore was even being redone and before it was decided what positions Unathi could play heads as (which I had no information on, hence why I haven't really commented on this thread.) I don't really even play that character though I do remember removing him from captain and sticking him as HoS only.

Honestly don't know why Uneth are even allowed to be Heads of Security. You'd think the aforementioned racism, coupled with the administrative/representative/security issues caused by the average Uneth's prickly, conflict-mongering personality, would keep them out of the role that essentially represents NTs security forces in a given installment.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but just pitching in.

Honestly don't know why Uneth are even allowed to be Heads of Security. You'd think the aforementioned racism, coupled with the administrative/representative/security issues caused by the average Uneth's prickly, conflict-mongering personality, would keep them out of the role that essentially represents NTs security forces in a given installment.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but just pitching in.

The main reason why anybody but Skrell are allowed to be heads is because people in charge of lore want to be special snowflakes and have head aliens.

Aliens are really not represented by our playerbase for what they are. Even with changes to Tajaran lore, there are too many Tajarans in positions of trust (medical, science, even security) and too few in low-importance jobs.

Should people be allowed to do whatever they want? I don't know. Because that does mean 8-feet tall she-monsters with glowing eyes and pink anime cats. Super-special aliens are sort of a less terrible extension of that.

Just to clear things out here as there seems to be a confusion in Unathi lore (in my eyes at least). Unathi aren't a war-mongering kill everything in sight race. They have a very strict way of life which requires them to follow their code of honor. Anyways that's for another topic.

Personally I don't have an issue with Unathi only being restricted to Head of Security and Head of Personnel. It's where they are most useful as most Unathi's have skills in those two areas, e.g. following code of honor = following corp regs. Archiving clan history = paperwork. Whilst Unathi can work in other departments other than sec/civ they wouldn't really be good as heads of staff in my eyes.

On the topic of how people play Unathi... it's iffy. I've witnessed a lot of people misjudge Unathi as a race and like to believe they know how they role. The easiest thing to link the Uneth too are the Japanese Samurai. The issue I see is people want to play how they want to play. If they're questioned as to why they're playing Unathi a certain way they try to make an excuse up and get defensive about it. If their reason makes sense I'll let it pass however I would like to make this clear. Unathi =/= Human. Regardless if they grew up with humans when they were a hatchling. They are an entirely different race and should be played as their race.

The lore, for Unathi, is still in process of being worked upon but there is the basic information on the wiki as of right now.