[Denied]DasFox Alien Whitelist Application - Tajara

BYOND Key: DasFox

Character Names: Lana Mikkael (Janitor)

Species you are applying to play: Tajara

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Black

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yep!

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

Because catpeople, duh! But no, in all seriousness, I very much enjoy how the Tajara as a people are. Their background on Ahdomai, and the differences both subtle and large between the clans give them character that I love to see in alien species. I have past experience RPing Tajara on both Baystation, and Apollo (Although I seem to remember their lore was very out of date.).

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

Tajara are a species of Cat-like bipedal humanoids. They are covered in a layer of fur, which would make them warmer in an average climate to humans. Tajaran Diet is also different, as their local flora and fauna are different than MOST Human's. Beyong physical differences such as what's listed and vision, hearing, smell, and so on; There are many cultural differences that most Tajara would abide by. Speaking in the third person would be the most prominent one on my mind for general RP, as they save speaking in the first person for those very close to them. If you'd like more examples, please let me know.

Character Name: Kyelira Tar'jama

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Kyelira is a Tajara, who's born and raised in the Tau Ceti. She was brought to the system by her mother, who looked for work away from Ahdomai after she learned she was pregnant with her Arranged Marriage partner's child. She was in love with a Human, and since that was frowned upon, they left to live a life together elsewhere.

While she's trained in just about nothing, Kyelira loves to watch people and learn when she can. She has a history of desk-jobs, such as being an attendant or bartender, however she's not very skilled in these things. While her Father worked for NanoTrasen, her Mother worked oddball engineering jobs and was never home. Kyelira decided she wanted to make her own living early on, and decided to get a Job where her father worked for a few years, before she was sent to the NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character?

I like to think that Kyelira will be a unique look onto things, a more human-minded Tajara. It gives me a little bit more diversity to go on, so if I forget veyr small Tajaran customs it's not as big a deal. I also like that she's a basic character, so that I can get to learn the map and the way things work BEFORE I jump into any major jobs. :)

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

A 6/10. I'd like to rate it slightly over an average because I am not natively english, so my understanding of some situations might me a little skewed.

Notes: Erm, not really getting what notes I'd add, but it's here I guess? Heheh.

Two things.

Generally applicants for a Tajara whitelist from what I understand are required to make a character from their homeworld, Adhomai. So as is, I don't think the person responsible for Tajara whitelist, that being [mention]Mofo1995[/mention] would allow it as is.

You've only played around seven round with your first log in being on the 6th of this month. Your listed character also only had a single round of being a janitor with the rest being random jobs, two of which were as a station unit.

tenor.gif

First off you've been here barely a week and you're making an application, well you've been here before but you did say you only recently emigrated from Bay due to some personal things but still, this way you won't get any actual feedback! Players don't know you or your characters yet!

Second

This whole thing I spoilered for posterity

Kyelira is a Tajara, who's born and raised in the Tau Ceti. She was brought to the system by her mother, who looked for work away from Ahdomai after she learned she was pregnant with her Arranged Marriage partner's child. She was in love with a Human, and since that was frowned upon, they left to live a life together elsewhere.

While she's trained in just about nothing, Kyelira loves to watch people and learn when she can. She has a history of desk-jobs, such as being an attendant or bartender, however she's not very skilled in these things. While her Father worked for NanoTrasen, her Mother worked oddball engineering jobs and was never home. Kyelira decided she wanted to make her own living early on, and decided to get a Job where her father worked for a few years, before she was sent to the NSS Aurora.

While I understand quite a lot of information about the whitelist isn't actually posted anywhere, maybe you should have player longer to avoid these mistakes.

1: Tajara characters are REQUIRED to be involved in the political scene of Adhomai, this is mostly here to ensure that Tajara don't act like furry humans but actual Tajara, something we aim to prevent.

2: How did she fall in love with a human? While I do admit it's a daring step to take it's absolutely something a normal Tajara in their right mind wouldn't do, first off how would she even meet the damn human outside of the few Embassies and even then she'd be basically beaten to death for trying to love a dang human! They're quite strict about their relationship as even homosexuality is considered a "deviancy" and such Tajara are shipped off to labor camps.

3: NanoTrasen is a company, a very low-effort company but still a company. They would not accept a Tajara who's experience can be summed up in "I saw my mother work on stuff", what's her education? Where did she get the education? she likes watching people and learning well who doesn't?

Even if you CAN do surgery doesn't mean they'll let you into a hospital, you need qualifications.

4: The backstory tells us nothing, while yes we get how she got OUT of Adhomai we know absolutely nothing about the character besides the facts she knows about as much as Jon Snow and the fact she learns by watching which is one of the basic human skills.

5: A bartender isn't a desk-job, you also need qualification for being a bartender, maybe a waitress but not a bartender that's for sure.

To sum up.

A: Read the wiki, Read previous accepted Tajara apps and read the articles featured here https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewforum.php?f=95, they'll give you the extra edge in the lore

B: Read the "Station Jobs" part of the wiki, you'll see "Requirements" next to the pictures of the characters, that should give you a hint on what exactly you're tailoring your backstory towards.

C: Ask, don't be afraid to ask, I'm sure Mofo doesn't mind answering questions and other Tajara whitelistees don't mind either, I don't for example, feel free to contact me.

D: Play the game, people need to know you before they say "Yes this person is good," so far we know diddly squat about your, your characters or how you play.

You're very enthusiastic, so keep working, working and working! You'll get there eventually, but until then.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. While I'm usually willing to bend the whitelist application rule to have to be from Adhomai if the application is really really really good, it hasn't happened yet. Human minded Tajara was pretty majority of Tajara characters before the rule was put in place, so it doesn't make for a very dazzling character concept. The reason the rule was implemented was because a lot of players just didn't know the lore and used it as an excuse for ignorance. For your whitelist application character, please design a character concept which demonstrates proper understanding and range of knowledge about the lore. Only the Tajara main page on the wiki is required reading, all the other pages are fluff for whomever is interested.

Application denied, but I think armed with that knowledge you could probably make a passing application.