Nelson Blessing's Armored Detective's Jacket

BYOND Key:SeniorScore

Character name:Nelson Blessing

Item name:Armored Detective Jacket

Why is your character carrying said item to work?In a bold move from trying to break from the traditional imagery of a drunken, hard-boiled detective, Nanotrasen has decided to take a bold move into trying to present detectives as a nicer, more clean and approachable look. So Nelson has brought his jacket from his days of being a detective in Eridani.

Item function(s):It's essentially the detective's trench coat, but more professional looking.

Item description:A white suit jacket, has a badge hanging out of a breast pocket. Touching it gives a feeling of working on a case for months..

Item appearance:https://i.imgur.com/b9hsOQv.png this is what it'd look like

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?A cleaner looking detective might be more approachable to either potential enemies, and and witnesses.

Additional comments: I have DMIs completed already

Neat idea, but I think there is something wrong with the image. Also custom items should not be better than the original. So I don't think this jacket should provide more defense than the traditional trench coat. Also I'm pretty sure the warden can issue badges, so it would be cool for the jacket to have a pocket slot where putting the badge in would make it appear like the wallet does with an ID.

I support this and think it would be cool so long as it's locked behind either the item or the job. Would suck otherwise.

Edit: On another note, the background could be expanded to be less about NanoTrasen, and more about why your character would want to bring this Jacket to work. As it stands, it feels kind of like 'I did it because I can' as opposed to your character placing any value on the Jacket. Also, the Application could be improved by placing spaces inbetween the sentences, so it doesn't lead straight into them. More neat that way, also a typo at the end. 'And and' when you meant and or.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...