Nuke Ops Player Requirement

Guest Menown

Guest Menown

Lowering it to maybe 12 or something. It's annoying to have to restart because a small group of people feel like holding out because they don't like the round type.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm voting yes purely because this enables 'Late Night Nuke' and 'Post-Server Crash/Restart Nuke', the latter being the situation that more often than not has only 12-14 people readied because they're slow to trickle in after the Server's lost it's tempo.

No.

If fifteen people vote nuke and only twelve ready, blame yourselves. If the majority vote nuke and don't ready, then I don't even know why those people voted nuke to begin with. To make us suffer? If I don't want to play your shitty mode I will speak with my vote and my ready. Welcome to first-past-the-post-democracy.

I'd say raise it to twenty, because 10 crew versus 5 ops is ridiculous. 7 crew versus 5 ops is even stupider.

Oh yes, I am going to suffer through a round type I hate and enjoy having no fun simply so a quick two hour round of blood and bitching can satisfy everyone's pathological desire to be robust murderboners.

No thanks. As I said, welcome to first past the post democracy. You have no right to force people to play something they don't want to.

Oh yes, I am going to suffer through a round type I hate and enjoy having no fun simply so a quick two hour round of blood and bitching can satisfy everyone's pathological desire to be robust murderboners.

No thanks. As I said, welcome to first past the post democracy. You have no right to force people to play something they don't want to.

So, I am no fan of nuke unless we get a fun team. But there seems to be a rather big whole in your argument.

You have no right to force people to play something they don't want to.

The same argument could be made for the nuke players, as for example, we had fourteen players ready and four players were not readying up so the round type was switched to secret. But since you are saying that is ok, you are basically saying

"We have no right to force people to play something they don't want to, we being the fourteen players who readied up, but those three people who didn't ready up can since all they have to do is wait long enough and the admin will change the round type to secret or extended thus forcing the majority to play a round type they didn't vote for for more then three hours."

or to sum it up

"The nuke players have no right too force me to play nuke, but I have every right to force them to play extended or secret"

Except you're not being forced to play secret or extended. You can leave any time you want and go play another game, just like I do whenever nuke is successfully voted in. And admins don't force a gamemode, they make a new vote. If something you don't like is voted in, welcome to democracy. You don't have to play.

You pick a niche game mode that not everyone wants to play and then bitch if it doesn't go through because not everyone wanted to play it. Get over it. The 'majority' isn't what you're making it up to be. We operate on first past the post democracy. If extended gets 13 votes and nuclear gets 14, nuclear wins on one vote. That sure as hell isn't a majority. Don't pitch your sob story when you clearly don't understand how the voting system works. All you need is a single more vote to beat everyone else. And if 15 people vote nuke and all the people who voted nuke don't ready, that's not my fault.

I don't have to play nuke, you don't have to play secret. If you not participating means I can't enjoy revolution, that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I feel as if the ratio for OPs to Players should change based on how many people want to play the round, and other variables.

Isn't this already a thing? It was added to Baycode a long time ago, around the same time the '15 Man Requirement' was added. Had a system of 1 Op to 5 Crew, capping at 6, if I remember right. The code should be sitting around somewhere, but the Nuke ship would need to be remapped for a sixth equipment locker.

You don't have the right to force people to not play something that they want to. Your attitude on this subject seems, frankly, to be pretty selfish and conceited.

No offense intended though.

If you consciously vote something that is niche and you know not everyone wants to play, you don't get to bitch that they don't want to play it. Suck it up and go play something else if you don't want to play secret.

And sure, it may seem like that, but I personally think nuke is a cancerous gamemode and I see it voted and dogpiled constantly to outdo extended so I put no faith in the whining because the literal only time I have seen situations described herein is lowpop or early server nuke. There is no excuse for voting lowpop nuke, IMO.

Except you're not being forced to play secret or extended. You can leave any time you want and go play another game, just like I do whenever nuke is successfully voted in. And admins don't force a gamemode, they make a new vote. If something you don't like is voted in, welcome to democracy. You don't have to play.

You pick a niche game mode that not everyone wants to play and then bitch if it doesn't go through because not everyone wanted to play it. Get over it. The 'majority' isn't what you're making it up to be. We operate on first past the post democracy. If extended gets 13 votes and nuclear gets 14, nuclear wins on one vote. That sure as hell isn't a majority. Don't pitch your sob story when you clearly don't understand how the voting system works. All you need is a single more vote to beat everyone else. And if 15 people vote nuke and all the people who voted nuke don't ready, that's not my fault..

I don't have to play nuke, you don't have to play secret. If you not participating means I can't enjoy revolution, that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I really enjoyed this response, truly did.

"Except you're not being forced to play secret or extended"

Then could you kindly explain last night, when nuke got voted twice and due to two people refusing to ready up it was changed to secret with no vote, and was the reason this thread was made?

"You can leave any time you want and go play another game, just like I do whenever nuke is successfully voted in. And admins don't force a gamemode, they make a new vote"

I could and I did, but doesn't make it anymore right that two people didn't want to play a gamemode so on one could. That's not democracy, democracy is when we all vote and the majority decides, when two people decided that a a entire lobby does not get to play the game that won, then its not democracy. It would be like Florida refusing to vote because the presidential candidate that is winning is the one they don't like, so they decide that as long as they don't vote he can't be sworn in.

" If something you don't like is voted in, welcome to democracy. You don't have to play."

Again, at least last night, it wasn't democracy. The admin just went 'Were doing secret now" despite nuke winning twice, because two people! "Democracy"

"You pick a niche game mode that not everyone wants to play and then bitch if it doesn't go through because not everyone wanted to play it. "

What a strong opinion, while it's not mine nor is it mine about extended, many people would make the same argument about the three hours they have to go through with extended. So really, that's not a argument to use, because everyone does it for every kind of round.

"The 'majority' isn't what you're making it up to be. We operate on first past the post democracy. If extended gets 13 votes and nuclear gets 14, nuclear wins on one vote."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority

While you could argue a few things with the link I just posted, let me just use this: 1. The greater number or part

If you like to argue the second part of that definition, I am pretty sure that is referring between two things, not 10 game modes.

" Don't pitch your sob story when you clearly don't understand how the voting system works."

I'm not pitching any sob story. If you want me to be frank, I'm just really tired of listening to everyone complain about a game mod they don't like. I didn't realize I was in pre school when I joined. You see, when I lose a vote I don't cry and shout, I ready up and play the round and think "Well Ill try my game mode again next round". But I guess next time I don't like something Ill just tell everyone who voted with me in OOC not to ready up so no one gets to play what they want, since thats just "democracy". I mean if I can't play what I want then no one can, right?

"All you need is a single more vote to beat everyone else. And if 15 people vote nuke and all the people who voted nuke don't ready, that's not my fault.."

That's right. Just like how in the electoral college you just need one more vote then the other guy, or any smaller base election you just need one more vote. People may not be happy, but it's true, though in real elections it would take multiple re-counts and checks to make sure they counted right.

"I don't have to play nuke, you don't have to play secret. If you not participating means I can't enjoy revolution, that is the way the cookie crumbles."

This attitude reminds me of my seven year old cousin.

"I don't like this, so were not playing it"- My little cousin to his friends

Funny thing, I'm not saying "Sit there and play it", but for example, last night. When nuke is voted in twice and two people just go "No I don't want to play this, change it" and the admin just goes "Fine, were playing secret now, ten seconds" I tend to get a bad taste in my mouth because I'm reminded of my days in Elementary school.

You are right, I don't have to play extended and you don't have to play nuke, I have no problem with that. But when a vote is 10-4 twice in a row and the 4 wins because two of them don't ready up and accept the fact that you do have to play rounds you don't like, that is not democracy. That's selfish. We all had to tough out rounds we don't enjoy, if you think at any point you are in the right for telling people who beat you by a 6+ vote that they can't play this game mode because you don't want too, than you really have some growing up to do. That's not at you specifically sue, as you were not there, just wanted to make that clear.

That being said though, just thought of this. Nuke has become a round for murder boners, meta, etc etc. So while I am defending heavily one side, I do understand why people would not vote for it. So at the very least, I think there should be whitelist for Nuke ops or something, as I am pretty tired of some of the shit that does happen during nuke rounds and do understand why people do not ready up. I may have been a bit harsh in the previous statement, but I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings just was being rather blunt.

two people refusing to ready up

Yeah, see, here's the thing. I was one of the many people who did not ready? Do you know why? Because I hate playing nuke. I'm not going to ready just so that other people can have their ganky armourybombing mode while I sit around having no enjoyment whatsoever. It is my right to not play nuke, as well as it is your right to not play any other gamemode. Only 14 people readied up for that round, meaning that only that many people wanted to play. How long do you expect people to sit in the pre-game lobby? After 10 minutes, I think it's perfectly acceptable to change the gamemode to secret.

two people refusing to ready up

Yeah, see, here's the thing. I was one of the many people who did not ready? Do you know why? Because I hate playing nuke. I'm not going to ready just so that other people can have their ganky armourybombing mode while I sit around having no enjoyment whatsoever. It is my right to not play nuke, as well as it is your right to not play any other gamemode. Only 14 people readied up for that round, meaning that only that many people wanted to play. How long do you expect people to sit in the pre-game lobby? After 10 minutes, I think it's perfectly acceptable to change the gamemode to secret.

I think I'm not making my point clear here, as I am starting to sound like I am saying "Man up and deal with it" instead of what I was trying to say. I understood why you didn't ready up, and to some degree I agreed with you. But the method of which you did it I did not agree with it. Maybe it's not even that, I just thought it was wrong how 10 people or more, I don't remember exactly how many voted for nuke and it won by a landslide. 4 others readied up and had high hopes that maybe it would not suck complete dick that round. Even if you had readied up and went Cryo so you didn't have to play the round, I don't think it would turn into this. I think it was wrong that even though it won by a landslide, they were forced to do something that they didn't vote for because of two people. You have every right not to play nuke, and I don't want to sound like too much of a dick because I do respect both your opinions on the matter, so apologies if I come off like that, but when one or two people don't want to do something and change the round type like that instead of just going cyro and letting the people enjoy their one hour long round , I don't know, it feels wrong to me. But I do apologize if I have come off as rude or dickish at all.

I don't remember exactly how many voted for nuke and it won by a landslide.

It was, at least in the second vote, 9 for nuke, and 8 against nuke. A single vote isn't exactly a "landslide". I do think the voting system should be changed, but that's a topic for a different thread.

I don't remember exactly how many voted for nuke and it won by a landslide.

It was, at least in the second vote, 9 for nuke, and 8 against nuke. A single vote isn't exactly a "landslide". I do think the voting system should be changed, but that's a topic for a different thread.

That I remember, It was eight against nuke to 9, but it was also eight split up between secret, extended and I believe...one wizard? Maybe. But I did not actually count them against nuke, so I will retract the "Landslide" comment in that case, as I didn't add them all up.

I feel as if the ratio for OPs to Players should change based on how many people want to play the round, and other variables.

Because Sue is right on one aspect.

10 v. 5 is not fun.

3 v. 12 is somewhat better, however.

Yes, it is. Not good, especially if there's noone in engineering or medical (or security, but that's less common), but better than 10v5.

As for shortening it to only require 12 people, what would that accomplish? Other than someone getting pissed when only 11 people readied for a nuke round? Besides, nuke sucks even worse than usual when there aren't enough people to do it right. And if you're sore about people not readying for a round they don't want to play just to make your dreams of a bomb-happy rampage through a mostly empty station a reality... well, I am saying "man up".

Because Sue is right on one aspect.

10 v. 5 is not fun.

3 v. 12 is somewhat better, however.

Yes, it is. Not good, especially if there's noone in engineering or medical (or security, but that's less common), but better than 10v5.

As for shortening it to only require 12 people, what would that accomplish? Other than someone getting pissed when only 11 people readied for a nuke round? Besides, nuke sucks even worse than usual when there aren't enough people to do it right. And if you're sore about people not readying for a round they don't want to play just to make your dreams of a bomb-happy rampage through a mostly empty station a reality... well, I am saying "man up".

Now I remembering why I am fighting this now. Funny thing, everyone just saying "Its going to be a bomb happy rampage" its "Going to be a murder spree". You know, Im so glad you know how exactly I play nuke, because I always just rush right in and only think about bombing the station. I am pleased you know my work. It's not like I have:

-Tried to break into virology and create a virus, and telling the crew I was doing this so that they may prepare for the coming virus and have a interesting hostage situation in Virology

-Tried hostage situations with no explosives used

-Tried a sadistic game show using prisoners we captured from the station as Prizes for the crew who completed their task

-Tried to break into the bridge to call another cell of the Syndicate, though this one was not my idea it was a plan I did try with Delta

-Tried to trick the Odin into blowing up the Aurora by pretending to be CC

-Sat in the shuttle and shit talked when I don't believe a plan will help RP in any way

I have also been complimented on three different occasions on the way I /don't/ kill people in a nuke round. You see, I actually think about the players on the other side, so instead of shooting to kill I have actually let people go, captured prisoners and funny thing, even died because of my refusal to outright kill people. Though this has changed recently due to the amount of Rambo's I have had to kill for obvious reasons. If for some reason, there is a plan though like blow the station up and kill everyone and the team won't listen to me, fun fact, I sit in the shuttle and shit talk. The entire round. I won't be apart of killing the entire station, so I sit there and refuse to help in anyway.

So in total, if you could stop saying and assuming that the only reason I am arguing is:

" don't want to play just to make your dreams of a bomb-happy rampage'

I would really appreciate it. Because while many do this, there are some of us who don't and I be happy to list them if needed. Which is why I think we need a whitelist, as no one enjoys just blowing up the station, its not fun. That way, we don't have people who only go to blow up the entire station, while we don't have so many...negative views towards a game mode thus causing huge debates like this.