Player Complaint - Talc & ODIN

I think it's genuinely telling of people's character that they get offended from IPCs goofing off for one round and yet they'll outright refuse to report recurring server/community-related issues and put off those types of complaints until the very last second when someone finally decides to be brave enough to report a real issue.

This was a malf round and apparently accounts of who goofed off when and how are muddled enough to the point where people have gotten the facts wrong about this round. I joined briefly and cryoed briefly as the HOS, particularly as soon as I saw a security cyborg with a laser carbine sticking out of its first hardpoint 40 minutes into the round and which I decided, "Maybe I shouldn't play this round." I spent the rest of the round observing and found other things more noticeable than Talc/Odin goofing off, especially since they were evidently subverted by a hacked APC between the 20 minute mark in the round towards the end of the round.

So meaning there's <20 minutes of unaccounted for silliness not related to malf AI shenanigans. That's hardly a round ruiner.

I think it's genuinely telling of people's character that they get offended from IPCs goofing off for one round and yet they'll outright refuse to report recurring server/community-related issues and put off those types of complaints until the very last second when someone finally decides to be brave enough to report a real issue.

This was a malf round and apparently accounts of who goofed off when and how are muddled enough to the point where people have gotten the facts wrong about this round. I joined briefly and cryoed briefly as the HOS, particularly as soon as I saw a security cyborg with a laser carbine sticking out of its first hardpoint 40 minutes into the round and which I decided, "Maybe I shouldn't play this round." I spent the rest of the round observing and found other things more noticeable than Talc/Odin goofing off, especially since they were evidently subverted by a hacked APC between the 20 minute mark in the round towards the end of the round.

So meaning there's <20 minutes of unaccounted for silliness not related to malf AI shenanigans. That's hardly a round ruiner.

You've read the thread and built a genuine grasp of the issue/situation and it shows

Does repeated behavior for over five months count as a recurring to you? Because I think it's a pretty noteworthy server issue, Scheveningen, how complacent the server is with whitelist applicants playing nice and just telling people what they want to hear to get their whitelist accepted, and then doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to actually uphold the roleplay standards they acted like they were interested in. A Tajara who writes an adequately knowledgeable story for their whitelist about how the war on ahdomai has effected their life, and then when accepted completely drops all pretenses and makes a purple colored cutesy fursona insert that has no ties whatsoever to the lore should not be acceptable, because they don't give a shit. An unathi applicant that makes a big deal about how totally into the traditions and struggles in unathi society they are, and when accepted just makes a random dude who snuggles xenos and doesn't bother to be anything but a scaled human should not be acceptable, because they're a fursona and they don't give a shit. Based on the same logic, an IPC applicant that makes a big deal about how interesting the intricacies of being a liberated computer slave trying to find its place in the world, and understand and adapt to human emotion and influence, and then turns around and makes a bright colorful walking memebot that exists solely to cuddle with other robots and works as an eternal security cadet should not be acceptable either.

5 months since ODIN's application was accepted, 5 months of them knowing the issue and not giving a fuck. 5 months is a lot of minutes. I think it's more than 20

It's remarkable that you make such a big deal about addressing the real issues but when the subject of actually upholding the whitelist standards comes up suddenly its just not that big a deal you guys who cares more on. The whitelists may as well be auto-accept at this point. They're a joke.

snip

You've read the thread and built a genuine grasp of the issue/situation and it shows

Does repeated behavior for over five months count as a recurring to you? Because I think it's a pretty noteworthy server issue, Scheveningen, how complacent the server is with whitelist applicants playing nice and just telling people what they want to hear to get their whitelist accepted, and then doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to actually uphold the roleplay standards they acted like they were interested in. A Tajara who writes an adequately knowledgeable story for their whitelist about how the war on ahdomai has effected their life, and then when accepted completely drops all pretenses and makes a purple colored cutesy fursona insert that has no ties whatsoever to the lore should not be acceptable, because they don't give a shit. An unathi applicant that makes a big deal about how totally into the traditions and struggles in unathi society they are, and when accepted just makes a random dude who snuggles xenos and doesn't bother to be anything but a scaled human should not be acceptable, because they're a fursona and they don't give a shit. Based on the same logic, an IPC applicant that makes a big deal about how interesting the intricacies of being a liberated computer slave trying to find its place in the world, and understand and adapt to human emotion and influence, and then turns around and makes a bright colorful walking memebot that exists solely to cuddle with other robots and works as an eternal security cadet should not be acceptable either.

5 months since ODIN's application was accepted, 5 months of them acknowledging the issue repeatedly and not giving a fuck. 5 months is a lot of minutes. I think it's more than 20

It's remarkable that you make such a big deal about addressing the real issues but when the subject of actually upholding the whitelist standards comes up suddenly its just not that big a deal you guys who cares more on. The whitelists may as well be auto-accept at this point.

If you didn't listen to my previous points, Cake and Kyres looked at my character and deemed it fine. I'd like to take a moment to address the issue I've highlighted in bold.

You particularly, I don't listen to. I've asked several people about it, what I should do, and they've all come back to me with "don't listen to him". I have reached out to you. And I have only got public responses of you talking shit about the way I play my character. If you don't want to give me feedback, that's fine, but I'd like you to put in a little extra than just talking shit about me all the time. Cake and Kyres looked into it. We talked, they saw it was fine.

Alright, before this goes off the rails.

As of now the thread is being taken over by myself, Coalf and [mention]Pratepresidenten[/mention] with the approval of Head Aministrator [mention]Sharp[/mention].

We came to a disagreement with the decisions [mention]calion12[/mention] and [mention]Tomiix[/mention] came to regarding this complaint.

After reviewing the presented evidence, our decision has been that this is in-fact not an IC issue, character OR a whitelist issue, instead it is an issue of OOC behaviour breaching IC.

While yes, we believe being an IPC has some weight on what is presented, we mainly think this "memetic" behaviour was mostly done because the players thought it would be a funny thing to do, not the character.

If these two characters were humans, Tajara, Unathi, Skrell or Molepeople we would have come to this decision anyways.

I feel a lot of this complaint has been agressively aimed at [mention]Sytic[/mention] and his IPC when both players, [mention]Jennalele[/mention] , are involved, I also used this part as an excuse to ping both players to be made aware that we've taken over.

In regards to their memery both players have already been talked to by Cake and JB, but once again from my mouth, this has been over the line and we urge you to keep in mind other players are around and you are partially responsible for their immersion.

5 months since ODIN's application was accepted, 5 months of them knowing the issue and not giving a fuck. 5 months is a lot of minutes. I think it's more than 20

It's remarkable that you make such a big deal about addressing the real issues but when the subject of actually upholding the whitelist standards comes up suddenly its just not that big a deal you guys who cares more on. The whitelists may as well be auto-accept at this point. They're a joke.

there were 3 IPCs in security in this round. It was Talc as an officer, another officer IPC and ODIN as a cadet. I'm largely defending the two officers and not ODIN, because I am fully aware of ODIN's history and I made a mistake in initially assuming ODIN was someone else.

I don't think Jenna was attempting to be malicious (plus i know for certain they keep their silliness very much contained among other people) but I believe you if you've said Sytic, as ODIN, has been extremely problematic.

But again, this isn't really a whitelist issue, this is an OOC behavior thing that would ideally be supplemented by a server ban, because the goofiness attributed to ODIN would lead to a server ban if it was a new player joining for the first time and acting like this.

I'd address the other points in your paragraphs but I'd end up completely diverging from the source subject. I agree that you're right about ODIN, but from what I witnessed, the two IPC officers were doing fine, I wasn't paying much attention to the cadet aside from witnessing ODIN stall for the longest time when threatened by the two subverted IPCs to insert themselves into a hacked APC.

snip

more snip

snip

I'd address the other points in your paragraphs but I'd end up completely diverging from the source subject. I agree that you're right about ODIN, but from what I witnessed, the two IPC officers were doing fine, I wasn't paying much attention to the cadet aside from witnessing ODIN stall for the longest time when threatened by the two subverted IPCs to insert themselves into a hacked APC.

I did actually have a valid reason not to do that, considering they were giving me large tells to tell me something was wrong, on a basis of "wow, these two dudes that I know a lot are acting really strange, and one of them just sent me a PDA telling me literally not to do the thing the AI is telling me to do." What do I do in that situation? Not believe something is wrong? I didn't have evidence besides that this was incredibly suspicious and two long-time compatriots started acting up, so even though I went to the Head of Security about it over pDA, I acknowledged I had no proof and dropped the situation. Until Noir and Talc started chasing after ODIN in order to force them to rig themselves up to an APC.