Stealth Suit - Uncloak upon Hit / Drain upon Hit

geeves

In my opinion, and from (very echo chamber-y, mind you) others' opinions, hitting people whilst cloaked gives the person being attacked no way of defending themselves or fighting back, unless they have ranged weaponry. I propose a system like Crysis, where a cloaked person get uncloaked when they attack someone. Alternatively, there could be a power drain upon attacking.

This could potentially be expanded, much like Crysis, where certain upgrades or powers allows less drain, or a few hits while cloaked. That can be discussed in the suggestion though.. I think. So yah.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The ability is a heavy drain on the ninja's power supply. The advantage of being very hard to hit is countered by the fact their power is draining rapidly, and they will be left completely helpless if they run out.

The ninja is the ONLY antagonist for that round. If you nerf them in this way then they will be taken out easier and thus the round's drama will end.

The ninja suit actually completely slipped my mind when I made this suggestion, I was referring mostly to the stealth suit the raiders are guaranteed to spawn with. Either way, the Ninja's suit has a TON of armour, and the teleportation and emergency power reserves that they can get makes well up for this nerf.

The frustration mostly comes from our attacking system, the person's sprite simply does not exist, and thus it's impossible to do anything about the person attacking you. A good friend of mine who "can't be arsed to log in" mentioned to me that even if they just "flickered" or uncloaked briefly after an attack would make it way better. That way if you're fast enough, you can get a hit or two in- back.

Personally, I have not yet tried out any stealth suits and the cloaking function yet, but I have been on the receiving end thereof ages ago, it happened again recently in a round, completely wiping out an officer with only a steel butterfly knife. I would love to get some input from someone that has experience with the suit, as I may be talking out of a position of ignorance, here.

..This is targeted against the stealth suit the raiders get. Please read what I wrote.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, the Ninja's RIG is called Stealth Suit, unsure what the Raider's stealth suit is called. Woopie, that's on me. Either way, even if the Ninja's the solo antag, he's still one of the strongest solo antags WITHOUT the cloaking.

..This is targeted against the stealth suit the raiders get. Please read what I wrote.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, the Ninja's RIG is called Stealth Suit, unsure what the Raider's stealth suit is called. Woopie, that's on me. Either way, even if the Ninja's the solo antag, he's still one of the strongest solo antags WITHOUT the cloaking.

I keep mentioning Ninja because you keep saying this nerf is gonna hit him too. I simply don't want the Ninja to be nerfed, cloaking is his thing. Ninja, as strong as he is, is a solo antag.

Eh. Have you seen many ninjas that cloak and absolutely decimate a dude? As I see it, it's a great tool for evasion and moving around while undetected. Teleporting in and out of combat works great for our current ninjas. Perhaps the ninja could have an upgraded stealth field that allows you to crack a guy once or twice before the flickering starts.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You can still shoot at a cloaked individual by shooting at the tile where their sprite is in, you just have a much higher chance of missing.

The stealth suit that can't stealth you seems incredibly counter-intuitive. Even the raiders suit charge drains very rapidly. Yes they can obliterate a lone crewman but once their battery runs out they're easy to pick off. They hit hard but can't sustain the fight for very long.

I think this displays a much bigger problem with combat, and that you have to actually click on someone's sprite to attack them which is like, really silly in 2018.

Clicking on the tile or the sprite should attack someone. This would solve the issue of trying to click on unclickable people. There is actually a cult exploit that someone can perform that makes anyone impossible to click on, however I will not mention it so it doesn't become a thing.

I think this displays a much bigger problem with combat, and that you have to actually click on someone's sprite to attack them which is like, really silly in 2018.

Clicking on the tile or the sprite should attack someone. This would solve the issue of trying to click on unclickable people. There is actually a cult exploit that someone can perform that makes anyone impossible to click on, however I will not mention it so it doesn't become a thing.

I know what you're talking about and I've been quiet about it for that exact purpose.

I know what you're talking about and I've been quiet about it for that exact purpose.

Maybe you should be reporting it as a bug so it can be fixed instead of quietly keeping it to yourselves as a private exploit to cheese cultists (or cheese as cultists). =/

This however, isn't the topic here. There isn't really a need for ninjas to be decloaked when they're hit. Though I wouldn't say no to improving the targetting system that prevents you from attacking something you can't see under most circumstances.

Maybe you should be reporting it as a bug so it can be fixed instead of quietly keeping it to yourselves as a private exploit to cheese cultists (or cheese as cultists). =/

This however, isn't the topic here. There isn't really a need for ninjas to be decloaked when they're hit. Though I wouldn't say no to improving the targetting system that prevents you from attacking something you can't see under most circumstances.

The problem is that it's not really something you can fix, without re-working the game mode. I will make a github for it though just because I know it'll be found and used afterwards.

Oh no, the suggestion wasn't to decloak cloaked people when they are hit, but to decloak them when they hit someone else. Of course this can probably be bumped up to like two or three hits to keep the advantage of invisibility up, with a minor cooldowm between potential hits, maybe? Dunno.

• Gem locked this topic