TishinaStalker's Head of Staff Whitelist Application?!

BYOND key: TishinaStalker

Character names: Rebecca Inn, Frankie Inn, Sarah Inn, Integra Langley, Lunea Discata, HKDR-355 (security cyborg), GH-057 (AI)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since late July of 2014.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I think it's high time I applied for being a head of staff.

Why did you come to Aurora?: Originally, my first impressions of Aurora were negative. The first round I observed it was to seeing the captain and HoS having a shirtless RP fight with sensual touches while a lady with "DD cups" in her fluff text watched. I was just like "Wtf... Heads of staff should not be doing this. This isn't why you're on the station." And I didn't come back because I like to take heads of staff very seriously, but then I came back a week later and stayed because I had a gut feeling that things could and will get better. And you know what? Things did get better.

Have you read the BS12 wiki on the head roles you plan on playing?: Thrice over, and I have lots of the wiki pages bookmarked for if I need them in a flash, but I generally have things memorized by heart (such as all of the medicine you can make in Chemistry)

Please provide well articulated and argumented answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: Roleplay is what I'm here for. I'm here to make a character that isn't me. I'm here to make a person that's entirely different to who I am (for example, Integra Langley is a character that is cold and distant from people she doesn't know on a first name basis, but I could never be like this in real life). I write up my character, I define them initially, but I make sure that they're still moldable. The point of roleplay is to make interesting events. Make a character, play it, stick by who they are and how they'd act, and have them develop; like a real person.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: The OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is to be there as a pillar of support for players that are not wholly sure of what they are doing, being passive vigils for staff, and to make new players feel welcome to the community to some extent. By watching over their department and employees, they can lend help to players through LOOC if they notice that the player is struggling so that the player doesn't have to ahelp, and if they see somebody acting suspiciously, then they can immediately report the suspicious behavior to staff. Staff is not omniscient, even we need help every now and then to keep the server safe and sound. Along with that, a head of staff’s job in-game is to keep a constant eye over his department. New players feel more welcome when there’s a head of staff that keeps close attention to what everybody is doing. Why? Because that tells the player “I have somebody to get feedback from on how I did!” Who doesn’t like getting feedback on their character and performance?

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: The OOC responsibilities of whitelisted players is several things. Checking the employment records and ages of people in their departments for example, and then reporting to administration/moderation staff people who would not be qualified for the position or have absurd information in their records (such as a previous encounter with a changeling on their sec or medical record). This is an IC duty, but OOC’ly it’s a great help. As a member of Security/Medical, I do this every round, and then I talk to those people through PMs (if I have to) before asking them if they'd like this to be handled in an OOC (e.g. age change through variables) or an IC (i.e. possible termination) manner. Then there's the duties I marked above. As a head of staff, I've always liked watching over my department, paying close attention to who does what, how, and if they submitted the proper paperwork for things they require permission in. When I'm a departmental head of staff (HoS/HoP/RD/CE) and in my department, then hardly anything escapes my view. I always lend a hand if they need it (whether through IC or OOC means), and it’s hard to find me without knowing what’s going on in my department.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Bec Hachert

Character age: 46

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Born into a family of eight people and raised in an Unitarianist home in United American Republic, Rebecca Inn primarily worked on her family's farm as a job for a good portion of her life. After graduating from high school, she considered joining the Sol Navy as a way to help her folks pay for college because she was enrolled in a Sol ROTC-esque program throughout high school and college while she studied towards a business degree. She wanted her parents to be proud of her and to show her siblings that she could be smart as she was mostly seen by her siblings as a dog; very friendly and loyal, but stupid.

After four years of college, Rebecca Inn got her bachelor's degree in Business Management and Administration. After acquiring her degree, Rebecca pursued a career in Sol's armed forces as a logistics officer while working under the command of an Elyran executive commander, named Integra Langley, on board a military space station to ensure that supplies and the like were going where they needed to be. At the same time, Rebecca looked for other, better career opportunities. After a few years, Rebecca caught wind that Nanotrasen was seeking employees for its Security division aboard the Nanotrasen Science Station (NSS) Exodus. Skip a year, and after being promoted to the rank of Security Officer, she met Dennis Hachert who was her partner in most shifts. After a few weeks, Rebecca started to feel a small crush forming, and pursued it off-station after they were transferred to the NSS Aurora. After a couple of years, they were engaged. Not long after that, Dennis and Milo Hachert found themselves on opposite ends of each other’s' weapons. A couple of days later, their bodies were discovered in the desert of New Horizon with a fist-sized hole in both parties' chests.

After the event, Rebecca Inn used her vacation time to leave the workplace for a week, and get her head sorted. With the absence of her fiancé and best friend in one swoop, she felt a form of restructuring was in order. She had heard talk from some people that with her performance, a promotion would probably be in order once she met more qualifications for being a head of staff. She moved on, but not without forgetting the people she held close. Believing that she needed a more "respectable" name of sorts, Rebecca legally changed her first name to Bec, and assumed the surname of her would-be-husband and her former best friend. Getting over a hardship and moving on to a brighter tomorrow is what Dennis would've wanted.

What do you like about this character?: Mainly the fact that she chose to join as a logistics officer instead of a combat officer. It shows that Rebecca Inn is a person that does not like being in combat, but at the same time she used what she learned from college to succeed.

What do you dislike about this character?: Rebecca is the only character I have that I can draw lots of similarities between myself and her. She's very openhanded to people, very kind, and always willing to listen. She believes all people are fundamentally good, but inherit evil. It just feels... Weird sometimes because I feel like it's just putting a part of myself in a game, and that's something I generally try to avoid.

Do you think this character is fit to be a Head of Staff?: Yes.

Why?: Bec Hachert is at least 30 years of age, has at least 5 years of management experience, and has the necessary degrees and what not. Coupled with this, she's of sound mind, and rational thought processes. She always looks after NT's interests and is a hard worker, even as a non-head of staff, as that is how you move up in the world; you earn it by the sweat of your brow.

Please provide well-articulated and argumented answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: On a scale of 1 to 10? I'd say a solid 8. I always take into account how my character is feeling about certain situations. I take into account whether they're scared, hungry, in pain, etc. I like to play my character from a first person view so that I can be fully aware of how and who they are. I am very consistent with the believability of my RP, and I’m particularly proud of it.

Extra notes: Yeah, I’m one of the staff members that manages who passes and who fails whitelist apps (the other being Deatacita), and I’m unwhitelisted, but that’s because I understand how heads of staff should work and they are something I take very seriously.

The first round I observed it was to seeing the captain and HoS having a shirtless RP fight with sensual touches while a lady with "DD cups" in her fluff text watched. I was just like "Wtf... Heads of staff should not be doing this. This isn't why you're on the station." And I didn't come back because I like to take heads of staff very seriously

That's amazing.

Anyway, idk who's going to post on this app (probably lots of people), but since nobody has yet I'll open by saying that I've seen Tishina's capabilities as a writer and storyteller firsthand. He's extremely capable of imagining believable characters and situations, and would probably play some pretty great heads.

(And like, seriously, you didn't have whitelist yet? Let me laugh at you.)

Tempted to -1 this just for the irony of the admin charged with applications not having their application approved.

But that's asinine, and unjust. Few people deserve command whitelist more than Tish. He's already done a lot in giving to the community, and an interested in seeing how he contributes in this manner.

+1

Tempted to -1 this just for the irony of the admin charged with applications not having their application approved.

But that's asinine, and unjust. Few people deserve command whitelist more than Tish. He's already done a lot in giving to the community, and an interested in seeing how he contributes in this manner.

+1

Asinine and unjust you say?

Perfect for me!

and by that i mean +1

Don't joke about endorsements, please. Either you do or you don't.

I think for obvious reasons already listed above, Tish has the necessary qualifications and enough responsibility to play a Head of Staff.

Weird that you never even applied before. I endorse this, either way.

I played with you on Exogenesis, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I've played with you here, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your roleplaying abilities are exceptional, and I'm surprised you aren't whitelisted yet.

Endorsed. +1