Money Sprite Overhaul + Additional Features

Looking good. Sprites are nice, making the slot machines more accessible is great, and random penny generation is a fun little feature. 

Question, though: Does money still stack? As in, if I have 43 credits, will there be a stack of money containing 2 20-credit bills, a 2-credit coin, and a 1-credit coin? Are coins and bills separate? It looks like they still stack given the picture in github but I just want to be sure. 

edit: Okay, just took a peek at the "rude responses" bits in the code and honestly? Pretty memey. Not great.

Edited by Doxxmedearly

Fuck yeah! The current way slot machines work SUCK ASS. You need to get a coin, which you can't even CRAFT here, and only three of them spawn on the map usually unless you get lucky in maintenance (1 coin spawns in the merchant shuttle, 1 coin spawns by the surface cryo, 1 spawns somewhere else on the station idk where it is). Thereby, you are using one of THE MOST rarest items you can get and when you use it on the Slot Machine, you won't even get anything since jackpot is so rare. This new change will allow more gambling rings.

6 hours ago, Doxxmedearly said:

Looking good. Sprites are nice, making the slot machines more accessible is great, and random penny generation is a fun little feature. 

Question, though: Does money still stack? As in, if I have 43 credits, will there be a stack of money containing 2 20-credit bills, a 2-credit coin, and a 1-credit coin? Are coins and bills separate? It looks like they still stack given the picture in github but I just want to be sure. 

edit: Okay, just took a peek at the "rude responses" bits in the code and honestly? Pretty memey. Not great.

Currency still stacks.

Rude responses is what happens when it gets emagged so I don't see the problem here.

I really like this. Only reservation is the emagging, of course. Maybe have it do something separate like emptying out the coins for the coin machine, like how ATMs dispense money for an emag.

• 2 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic