[Accepted] ComradeCorbyn - Head of Staff Application Numero Two

BYOND key: ComradeCorbyn
Character names: Gregory Mueller, Carter Price, Peter Bates, Arthur, Albert, Peter Langley, Kamar Mwangi, Simon Price, Lawrence Baker, Cooper

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I began playing Aurora a lot around five months or so before.
Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I would like to have the Heads of Staff whitelist to play as an Internal Affairs agent, resolving disputes between employees of Nanotrasen and arbitrating affairs where IAA intervention is necessary. I also would like to be able to help the station out, by providing the aid of faxes or just general reports to Nanotrasen Central Command, and therefore, the Odin. While this is just limited to the Internal Affairs side of the whitelist, I also want to be able to help manage and command departments and show off the management in me. 
Why did you come to Aurora?: Before Aurora, I played mostly on Baystation, Colonial Marines, TG, and occasionally goon. I was into MRP and sometimes even LRP, but I enjoyed the level of roleplay that Baystation provided, and after being recommended Aurora by a friend I began playing frequently as I have. The Head Roles mainly consist, well, of Department Heads and the IAA, which I would like to pursue. Qualifications for these roles are set in high standards, as they are a role model to younger players and have the task of leading their department during rounds.  several roles and absolutely enjoyed it. I adored the HRP that Aurora station required, and I developed a sense of 'community' in Aurora. While my name might not be known, I play Aurora frequently and I love what I see in the community. 
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: I have. The Head Roles mainly consist, well, of Department Heads and the IAA, which I would like to pursue. Qualifications for these roles are set in high standards, as they are a role model to younger players and have the task of leading their department during rounds. 
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?: Once, regarding drinking some holy water found on the ground. Other than that, small disciplinary actions involving minor stunts. 

Please provide well-articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is and should be about: Roleplay, in general, is about enjoying yourself and having fun while creating fun for others. While this might not be exactly accurate, Roleplay is about adhering to general conventions set up about entering a character you might or might have not crafted shoes. Acting as them and playing as they would if they were in real life, right in front of you. This is important in deciding on what your character might do or might not, and it is important to keep in mind what you might do in your character's own shoes. For instance, this could apply in game frequently as many players have to decide on decisions in the game- not as themselves, but as their character. 

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: As a Head of Staff, OOCly you should be responsible for leading your department properly while making fun for others and following the rules, as well as roleplaying to act as a figure to new players. I believe, that the Heads of Staff are leaders in the Aurora community, both guiding new players and making sure the rounds uphold a level of quality, leading their departments to their best ability. They should be competent players, who more or less have a general handle of everything while maintaining a good source of roleplay. In the case of the IAA, this is to arbitrate and resolve conflicts aboard the Aurora, as well as making sure all staff complaints and reports are handled, while having the Aurora follow the "SOP" and other regulations, such as the directives, properly.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Whitelisted players should exemplify the qualities of good roleplay, a rule-abiding player, and a proper leader who is capable of leading their department, regardless of what may happen and stick through it and strive. As I said above, it practically copies to here as well. They should be able to teach and learn from their staff and guide new players into the server and its gameplay. This might be through a gentle hand giving tips, or just giving a Sec Cadet or Medical Intern a walkthrough of the department. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career? In Tau Ceti at the moment, there was a previous attack by the Lii'dra that devastated the city of New Gibson and other minor places, as well as the Aurora, where an attack hit and punished the Nanotrasen employees hard. Getting back up from this threat, the team on the Aurora rebuilt and reconstructed. This is where my character comes in, who would be a recent transfer after presumably the leave of an Internal Affairs Agent after the attacks, feeling unsafe, or just being transferred out for bigger and greater things away from Tau Ceti.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?: Internal Affairs Agent, (perhaps) Head of Personnel, Head of Security.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.: 

Cooper - Internal Affairs Agent

Arthur Musgrave (new) - Head of Personnel

Kamar Mwangi - Head of Security

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: I believe my roleplay is satisfactory, not being the absolute best while being decent and above average. I attempt and try when I play, and I enjoy the actions and comments taken by us. All in all, I put effort into my roleplay and attempt to make it the best that I can, while learning new things. I believe I have improved a lot from the time I first joined Aurora those times ago.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?: Absolutely. We should be punished for stupid things we might due that deserve the role is removed.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?: Yep! I am familiar with most, if not all, of the Head roles. I am also familiar with Corporate Regulations and other station-based rules, like the directives.

Extra notes:

Yah know, there is some issues with his HoS play that I personally see, but it is honestly very minor and expected due to the fact he is a new head of staff and I see improvement. Hell, I'm not perfect as a head of staff, but improvements the most important aspect that someone who holds a whitelist should have.

+1 good luck buddy. 

• 2 weeks later...