[Resolved] Warning Dispute - Butterrobber202/Hocka

BYOND Key: Butterrobber202
Staff BYOND Key: Hocka
Game ID: bYa-anIV
Reason for complaint: Hocka, in this warning has claimed I broke a rule when I did not allow the Janitor to escape me, and that I had poor escalation. I firmly and respectfully disagree with the ruling and the added warning. I believe I escalated as the situation called for. The Janitor in question ran straight into the only hole I had in my line of rune walls, and attempted to keep running through until she hit my southern barrier. I sealed the rune she used to enter off, and then went through a series of emotes, obviously displaying that Iok was hostile and not sane. This was on the spot RP, and I was in a time crunch because Iok knew the "Lii'dra" were coming for him. (Security) So I charged through some emotes, and then started attacking, as an Antag does. My and Iok's IC goal was to acquire a loyal asset to defend himself against the "Lii'dra" with. (Just assume when I say "Lii'dra" I'm talking about on-station crew-sided forces.) So yes, I stopped the Janitor from escaped, cut her down after a fight that I intentionally extended, then soul stoned her to create a Juggernaut. Sadly, she ran off the second after I created her, running away from me at breakneck speeds, so it all backfired wonderfully on me. 

Now, what I'm upset about is that I was given a warning for setting up valid defenses, and then killing someone that walked right into them. I, as an Antag, am not required to provide every single one of my victims with a chance to escape. That's it, I just don't have to do that, it would be stupid from an IC point of view. OOCly, dying is apart of the game, it happens to everyone. I made it clear that not only was Iok insane but hostile as well, even emoting out my attacks before starting up. Just because someone died from my RP, and it was the first interaction I had with them all shift, does not make it improper. 

I don't think I deserve a warning for trapping someone that ran straight into my defenses and then killing them for valid reasons.
Evidence/logs/etc:

Spoiler

03fef424543de1bc3177d873085dd556.png

0ded557cc6038268bde8695ed900540f.png

1e9d75e372670be144116343c5b779ea.png

f3cb59470345462ca0e7d539b359b40c.png

e446d2f28c19b51d61619253237f19ba.png

97b9497d631d53bbec9d02ccb7e6151b.png

a613150c5de84188d26c90ae932d5532.png

5c2a622e14d0b262e3f7dc980b5a3d5f.png

01f0b8dc61c52364c3072026fa6545a3.png

04726b01d17ab799c344c4b82a2a6412.png

b58cdbd0e79f76686f0adbef9dc7e1f6.png

8a604c83cedc83c144f850d8d2793654.png

Additional remarks: beep

1 hour ago, Butterrobber202 said:

I was given a warning for setting up valid defenses, and then killing someone that walked right into them.

While I could understand this being problematic from, say, a Security Officer, who'd been dealing with the cultists for most of the round by this point, a Janitor doesn't have much of a real way to know that those runes are able to block them. For all the Janitor knew, they could've been some insane scribblings or something along those lines.

57 minutes ago, Butterrobber202 said:

dying is apart of the game, it happens to everyone. I made it clear that not only was Iok insane but hostile as well, even emoting out my attacks before starting up

While yes, it is true that you're going to die in SS13 at some point, once you had made Iok's intents clear to the Janitor they were already trapped, there wasn't anything they could reasonably do other than wait for you to kill them, which, could arguably be not very compelling Role Play, which is something the antagonist should be aiming for.

Alright, after some topnotch investigation, @Flamingo and I have come to the conclusion that the warning is invalid and will be removed along with any notes provided alongside the warning. 

We came to this conclusion due to the fact that the station had already descended into chaos way before this took place. Officers had lethal weapons, it was code red, and an ERT was arriving on station. Not to mention, the antagonist in question, @Butterrobber202 was in a little 'blood fortress' outside of the chapel, with the wall runes block off the north and south. The Janitor in question seemed to be unaware of the overall situation, as the round was indeed confusing in some cases. The Janitor was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

This, of course, is not  Butter's fault in any way at all, he was simply doing what he said he'd do if anyone tried to get by.

That being said, I will be locking and archiving this complaint within the next 24 hours.