[Denied] N8's command app

BYOND key: N8-Toe
Character names: Nathan Rogers, John Callahan, Aloysha Fa'Ta-Bs, Czeck Mayfly, Felicjan Bilrost. are my current set, I switch up my name as AI slot so that to. 

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Several years now
Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I want to play command, I enjoy it on other servers, and I want to experience that here
Why did you come to Aurora?: I enjoy HRP, and Aurora has the HRP
Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: I have done so
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
I do not believe so. I asked a month or so ago about notes and I had none at the time
Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:
I think roleplay is about stepping into a different set of shoes, assuming a different character then ourselves and living a life different from our own. I am not a seasoned space Captain IRL, nor a doctor. but I play one on Space Station 13. Roleplay is being these other personas and forming a story together with the other players. It isn't getting a mechanical victory, or dat green text, its making a compelling story
What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
OOC a head of staff is a sanity check, they help keep the round progressing, the content flowing, and the story of the round compelling. a Head of Staff is an experienced player who knows how to keep people involved, and help give guidance to other players. 
What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
OOC the responsibility of a whitelisted player I would say is to not abuse the whitelist or leverage it to harm the experience of others. for example, I shouldn't use a whitelisted position to deny other players a role in the story of the round, or arbitrarily harm their experience. I would say it is also the responsibility of a whitelisted player to help provide examples of productive playstyles and RP to new players. 
Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
With the SLF activates, and the recent security breach at NT headquarters by untagged synths, to Foster there is a rising tension regarding IPC's. a rising tension that they see as an opportunity. A chance to extend to interested parties offer's of safety, and job opportunity in Alliance space, away from the "chaos" and uncertainty of Tau Ceti
What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
I plan to start with Consular, CMO, and Captain. but I plan to eventually branch out to CE and HoS. so all of them in effect. 

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:
Noah Foster - Sol Consular 
I don't plan to use any of my current characters as heads of staff

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:
I am a Firm 6/10 on most days. I'm not perfect but I do hope to improve.
Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
I do
Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
I have
Extra notes:

thanks for giving it a read!

In all of my interactions and observations of Aloysha, and very brief interactions/observation of their other characters, N8 does feel like they could handle the responsibilities and stress that comes with CMO and their other intended command positions. I will also note that they catch on quickly on what they could improve on, and a have a generally nice conduct overall. You have my support and my curiosity over how you'll adapt with the whitelist.

1+

In my experience with N8-Toe on a different roleplay oriented server (I have not interacted much with his characters here), I know he is competent and capable of holding positions of roleplay and character responsibility such as Command Staff.

On Persistence (I am an Admin there), his character was nominated and confirmed as 'Director of Internal Control' which was essentially responsible for internal affairs like things, and the work he did in that role in character was amazing.

+1 +1 +1

I'd like to pre-emptivly request an extension, unexpected IRL complications have risen up in the last few days preventing me from being able to play. and I wont be able to get back into the swing of spess until either tonight or tomorrow. 

I've only really played one round with you so far, where you started an investigation into my department (security) without letting me know of anything regarding it. I didn't even know about it until the liaison accidentally told me. I think your heart is in the right place but you need to be more considerate of crew and heads. The thing you did with Major (speaking to him in his office) was ok in concept but you kinda took him to your office while he was being processed, which isn't really... a good thing. Then the processing was skipped entirely since we never saw him again.

I'm gonna stay on neutral for now. I think what you did was a good example of involving more people but it needs a bit more thought put into it. I'd reccomend going around as a captain too, cause I never really saw you as the HoS either.

• Shadow changed the title to [Denied] N8's command app

was going to post to ask for an extension. Due to some stuff I wasn't able to play much during the trial, but things calmed down fully. but I wasn't able  to play for things not fully within my control and I think that limited the amount of feedback I was able to get. 

Edited by N8-Toe
  • Shadow locked this topic