Staff Complaint - Pratepresidenten, Alberyk

BYOND Key: BurgerBB

Staff BYOND Key: Pratepresidenten, Alberyk

Game ID: b45-dgBc

Reason for complaint: Enabling bad behavior.

Evidence/logs/etc: See below.

Additional remarks:

Lets keep this short since really the evidence is all you need to see.

A player said something pretty creepy to me in LOOC, as seen below.

image.png.8b6227e3a8b4d58d87e7f749800cb068.png

I didn't ahelp it at the time, and I thought "Yeah don't say that." was enough. They never did anything like that again, but I shared the image in a public SS13 Coding channel because during there was a lot of weird stuff going on in other servers of a similar magnitude and personally I've had a rough week with behavior from Unathi players so I decided to share. Skull noticed the image and commented on it.

image.thumb.png.2c4e17c7747ab0501853fb67a4477c39.png

I lied to skull saying that I ahelped it. I didn't ahelp it or altered an admin, but I decided to think on what skull said. I determined that it would be best to actually report it considering admins tend to make fun of players for not ahelping things. I reported it to ParadoxSpace on January 30th, 2019 and he said it wasn't really worth dealing with, but he told admins anyways. I haven't' really heard from him since then about it so I assumed that it wasn't an issue.

Today there was a conversation in deadchat started by me when I commented on unathi uniforms being skimpier than Skyrim bikini armor. It was a semi-productive conversation as good points were brought up, such as them violating uniform regulations, and that other erp-centric focused severs don't have outfits this revealing.

and it eventually lead to me posting the censored image again when Alb started to say some pretty weird shit about how "not everyone is out to get you" and "don't play female unathi if you don't want to be treated like one" despite that being absolutely completely irrelevant to anything I'm saying. I forgot to screenshot that part, but I did screenshot this part which including a moderator saying that the behavior wasn't creepy, but instead cute, and alb not being helpful.

image.png.2037565c992906e148617d4856dfdd53.png

Like I'm going to be completely honest here. I feel like an actual fucking loser for posting this. I am legitimately questioning my sanity as I am writing this because I am being told that I should be okay with a complete stranger on the internet, who've I've had no conversation OOC with and little conversation ICly with, saying they want to give my character "tummy rubs". I am being told that I should "separate ic from ooc" despite the conversation being in LOOC and not IC.

My characters aren't me, I don't feel violated for someone wanting to give me tummy rubs. I don't give a shit about what happens to them which is why I play them wildly. Like just consider for a moment how bitter and hostile I am OOCly and then consider how they're not that ICly. I am not them, but I still think it's extremely reasonable for me to be uncomfortable for someone to say this sort of shit and even more so for staff to justify it and somehow claim that it's cute.

I am not making this complaint because I am a victim, I am making this complaint because this shouldn't be acceptable behavior. It shouldn't be acceptable behavior to justify this either as an administrator.

Nothing we can do if you did not ahelp or make a complaint. This seems like some cringe meme in looc, which I guess while it is dumb and etc, it is not exactly rule breaking. And I don't really see the issue with what I said in the context of this conversation, sorry. And the separate ic from ooc was about the unathi sexism stuff. And yes, it is a part of the unathi lore, accept it or leave it, other people did experience discrimination with their characters based on gender. My only comment about the looc stuff was about it being cringe. All the others were about you complaining about your character interaction with the other unathi atmos tech.

17 minutes ago, Alberyk said:

Nothing we can do if you did not ahelp or make a complaint. This seems like some cringe meme in looc, which I guess while it is dumb and etc, it is not exactly rule breaking. And I don't really see the issue with what I said in the context of this conversation, sorry. And the separate ic from ooc was about the unathi sexism stuff. And yes, it is a part of the unathi lore, accept it or leave it, other people did experience discrimination with their characters based on gender. My only comment about the looc stuff was about it being cringe. All the others were about you complaining about your character interaction with the other unathi atmos tech.

I messaged Paradox about it, as you can see in the OP.

Just now, BurgerBB said:

I messaged Paradox about it, as you can see in the OP.

I don't remember if he even brought it to us, a lot of stuff to deal with lately, and that image has no ckey or anything. Like I said, you are implying that I am fine with people harassing each other over looc or anything, all I said was about your complaints over the interactions you had with other characters, which I looked into it and found to be all in character. Not sure how I am enabling this behavior at all.

Okay, I just want to know, what in the fuck do you want from me.

How about you fucking read what I wrote. Creepy is SUBJECTIVE.

YOU define this looc remark as creepy. YOU. YOURSELF find this creepy. You, Burger, find this creepy.

What isnt fucking acceptable behaviour? Holy shit. Im telling you people are different. You think its creepy, I think its cute. Im not shoving "Fuck you this isnt creepy, deal with it!" down your throat

Some people like dick, some people dont. Some are DEATHLY afraid of spiders, some are not. Some love life, some hate life.

People are DIFFERENT, this will never fucking change. As long as there are humans, there will be DIFFERENT FEELINGS AND OPINIONS ON EVERYTHING.

But if one person's definition of a thing is absolute and how this one person feel about said thing is applied to EVERYONE, then Im uncomfortable with you posting complaints. Please stop.

1 minute ago, Alberyk said:

I don't remember if he even brought it to us, a lot of stuff to deal with lately, and that image has no ckey or anything. Like I said, you are implying that I am fine with people harassing each other over looc or anything, all I said was about your complaints over the interactions you had with other characters, which I looked into it and found to be all in character. Not sure how I am enabling this behavior at all.

I sent the uncensored one to Paradox.

It isn't harassment; I'm not accusing you of enabling harassment, but rather just "bad behavior." as I said in the OP. It is bad behavior for strangers to tell people in LOOC to they want to give your character "tummy rubs". I think you and Prate are enabling it by allowing it to happen and giving, what I think, are some pretty bad justifications for it.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I think it is irrational for you to make this complaint on the heels of calling me a creepy sex pervert over sexism your behavior encountered from mine, only a day(?) before you posted this in ooc.

q7aRtoqvRc_oVw99kxN-8g.png.5e3cc0051535aa5a74a98efb05f31641.png

Its not right to compare ic behavior that doesnt break the rules with ooc cringe and then behave in the same way as the looc comment; overtly sexualized. 

I am posting because i am involved as someone burger attacked over ic behavior he felt uncomfortable with (sexism) and there is this ooc comment here where he does the same thing as the looc person he is complaining about while engaging in character assassination against me.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix
6 minutes ago, Marlon Phoenix said:

I think it is irrational for you to make this complaint on the heels of calling me a creepy sex pervert over sexism your behavior encountered from mine, only a day(?) before you posted this in ooc.

q7aRtoqvRc_oVw99kxN-8g.png.5e3cc0051535aa5a74a98efb05f31641.png

Its not right to compare ic behavior that doesnt break the rules with ooc cringe and then behave in the same way as the looc comment; overtly sexualized. 

I am posting because i am involved as someone burger attacked over ic behavior he felt uncomfortable with (sexism) and there is this ooc comment here where he does the same thing as the looc person he is complaining about.

This complaint isn't about you. This complaint is about the looc behavior of someone else. I legitimately don't understand why you're posting here other than for malicious purposes.

There are several things wrong with your post.

1. You're cropping a lot of missing context to that. Someone told me to go masturbate, so I said this, jokingly, in response. This isn't me saying this out of the blue as you're trying to frame.

2. An admin dealt with this. They bwoinked and noted me and told me not to do it again. Given that I don't have a history of making these sort of jokes, and they know it was in jest, they didn't feel anything other than a note was needed. I apologized for the remark, and admitted there was something wrong with it.

3. There is a huge difference between making a joke at my own expense than doing what was done above.

4. You're not involved. This is about the LOOC remark.

13 minutes ago, BurgerBB said:

4. You're not involved. This is about the LOOC remark.

Well, not really. Because the conversation was far more than the looc stuff, and you are quoting me on things I did say about the situation that jackboot is making a reference to.

Just now, Alberyk said:

Well, not really. Because the conversation was far more than the looc stuff, and you are quoting me on things I did say about the situation that jackboot is making a reference to.

The conversation was far more about it but the focus in this complaint was about the LOOC incident. To say that jackboot is involved in this is a massive fucking stretch because A.) They weren't even there, and B.) I'm 99% sure you were the one who brought up jackboot because I was taken aback by your remarks about sexism because they weren't even relevant to the conversation in deadchat.

The reason why the "only post if you're involved" rule exists is to prevent someone like Jackboot from going into the thread and posting things that have nothing to do with the complaint for the sake of shit flinging. Even if you ignore the cropped screenshot and pretended that I just claimed in OOC that I jacked off without anyone speaking, that doesn't make me wrong, that just makes me a hypocrite. And even then I apologized for my remarks to the admin and I'm pretty sure in OOC while this other person goes "sadhiss."

Let's all just take a step back for a second.

The General Forum Rules and Server Rules apply

Only post if involved. If you are not a moderator or administrator and were not involved in the incident(s) referred to, you may not post or reply to a staff complaint regarding said incident(s). It is permissible, however, to provide testimony regarding a staff member's behavior backed by proof, in the form of screenshots or logs, or as a witness of some form that can (respectfully) verify/refute any claims made.

Stay on topic, this means that the posts should be constructive and focus on the complaint itself only. Any off-topic post made will be removed and met with a reminder to remain on topic.

Do not use ad hominem. This means do not attack a person's character (character in this case meaning the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual). You are expected to argue the presented ideas, not the person. If someone were to attack you, don’t take matters into your own hands, report it to us.

No flame wars. No trolling. Self-explanatory.

After 24 hours of opening a complaint, if there’s no response, you are free to bump it.

DO NOT MAKE A STAFF COMPLAINT WHILE A ROUND IS STILL GOING. This constitutes as IC in OOC, wait for the round to end. This only applies if the request is related to an ongoing round.

Use the specified Complaint Format

Marlon Phoenix was not involved in the situation. Their name wasn't mentioned by me, that I fucking know because:

1. I didn't want to mention their name because I had no reason to mention their name. The situation regarding us was being handled by another administrator.

2. I respected their privacy, like I'm respecting the other person's privacy, so I had no reason to mention them by name because it was the behavior that was the issue.

3. I recall being taken aback because of Alb's remarks regarding sexist behavior because they weren't relevant to the discussion and that they talked about an ahelp in deadchat that happened in another round.

Marlon Phoenix, if you felt disturbed or uncomfortable about my remarks in OOC, then I actually apologize for making you disturbed or uncomfortable. This goes towards anyone who felt discomfort regarding my remarks and shouldn't be something said in OOC. I, and the other person who said that I should go masturbate, was trying to lighten the mood because a big argument happened beforehand that left people upset.

On 06/01/2020 at 18:53, Alberyk said:

Nothing we can do if you did not ahelp or make a complaint. This seems like some cringe meme in looc, which I guess while it is dumb and etc, i

It is a cringe meme in looc but if i saw this i reckon i would have PMed the player and politely ask they not do that here. I really do not want to go too hard into criticizing the way you went about talking about this. I suppose it would have been preferable to ahelp. I am not sure how paradox was PMed, dunno if it was brought up in server discord but i was not mentioned or anything. It really does not matter though and i just want to focus on the "Yes that is not ok" in regards to tummy rubs. Marlon's "gotcha" aside i do not think anything @BurgerBB may have or may have not done in the past prevents him from bringing up a related issue. 

So, about prate. Well prate can have opinions and he can also be wrong. I am sorry but i do think you are wrong prate. Under our rules we do expect content and interaction here to remain largely PG. Physical touching and stuff like this i do think falls under this. Even then this is just an observation under the rules. It does not assume anyone is acting in bad faith. It just means the player needs to be bwoinked and politely asked not do that. 

Right, it doesn't surprise me that the foundations of the argument "You should be allowed to be sexual towards other characters because worse things can happen to your character." were muttered after the ruling.

I signed up to play Aurorastation for space station shenanigans. By playing the server, I consent to be being killed and shot and whatever and other players have agreed that I can do the same to them, all in the name of sport. When people are killed in game, they understand that it is nothing personal and it's just sport. However, I did not sign up to play Aurorastation for unwanted sexual advances and neither did anyone else, hopefully. In 99% of cases they don't do it for fun, but because of self-interest aka "I'm horny." There is a time and a place for sexual garbage and the place is definitely not Aurorastaiton.

And this isn't because of a North American thing. If a player remarked in looc, ooc, or ic that they really want to torture or punch my character, I would 100% ahelp that because that's creepy as fuck.

Edited by BurgerBB