Player Complaint - Kihatomay

BYOND Key: Aticius

Game ID: b5f-dt95

Player Byond Key/Character name: Kihatomay / Yang

Staff involved: TrickingTrapster, SonicGotNuked

Reason for complaint: Disagreement with how this was/has been handled. Extremely poor player conduct; Metagrudging.

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation?  Yes! The Moderator in question seemed to have given Kihatomay a "Last Chance"

Approximate Date/Time: 3:00, PST, 1/17/2020

It's a Ninja Round. Ninjas are Ninja-ing, one of them isn't super spooky, and is cloaked while interacting with the Protolathe in essentially full view. I report this over Comms, time passes.

The following happens, in the RnD Lab. This is the entire log of the sparking incident for this complaint: https://pastebin.com/QGp15iX6

While this may have been a one off oopsie daisy, "I'm new to antagging!", this is clearly not the case. Kihatomay plays antags frequently, and poorly and has claimed that they're not new to the server.

However, in this round, they felt the need to target me, and then not go after any further people, and, indeed, Roleplayed with others and during all other incidents of combat, he made no attempt to directly execute; During my ahelp: this was said over OOC:  

Spoiler

BurgerBB: reminds me, I should make a thread on what it truely means to be robust on aurora
  Kihatomay: are you saying it doesn't mean being a lab assistant that fabricates SMGs?
  BurgerBB: lmao
  Alberyk: you cant make ballistics in research
  Alberyk: mfw you try to make jabs but you dont even know how department works
[ Skip ]
  Kihatomay: i was making a jab at a stereotype alberyk
  Kihatomay: i myself have had a bit of adjusting to do as i settle back in into the glory of aurora, remember guys, we're not perfect

This comment was said, during the Ahelp. For context: my character has been rather harsh to his own character; and has been very salty over my interactions with him, antag or not, since returning. He seems to take issue (and, indeed, twists the facts) with how I play, and seems to have started singling me out, and I believe this is a culmination of this. In short, I firmly believe they hold a Metagrudge over me over how I have played ICly. His comments about "Lab Assistants making SMGs" is a direct reference to a Plasma Cutter made during the round.

This is not an isolated incident, either. Many people have had poor interactions with Kihatomay, and I ask anyone who has had their own poor experience with Yang, James Praxton, or are aware of other characters Kihatomay has played to raise their own concerns.

Hey, came across this while surfing the forums late-night. I want to clear a few things up because I don't want you to feel personally attacked. Initially, I blatantly used the protolathe in front of you to give you something to roleplay about, but your initial reaction was to scream 'INTRUDER IN SCIENCE' or something along those lines, which led to a hefty chase scene that resulted in me and the other ninja becoming an 'open fire on sight' target for the security team. So given the prior interaction and the way you caused me difficulty in the round I did kill you and I was chastised for the nature of my killing and will be making an extra effort from now on to roleplay more (even if some people still do attack a lot of antags on sight and this will be getting me killed a lot) before engaging or acting hostile. I'm sorry I killed you that way, I am.

Second, you weren't the only person I killed. I did a lot of fighting with others who witnessed me and killed most of them (about half were ERT the others security or vigilante crew). And the admin DID talk to me about our interaction but said nothing to me about a "last chance" or anything of that nature, I was reminded that I need to make an effort to establish progression and escalation extensively as nobody else is going to understand my actions unless I properly relay my intentions/feelings before acting upon them, especially in a drastic manner.

With the ninja round stuff out of the way, I want to stress that I have NO OOC grudge against you, and that joke in OOC was not referring to you either, there was a round prior that a lab assistant fabricated a weapon and ramboed with it. It wasn't you, unless you were playing that human assistant. I actually enjoy the interactions we've had OOCly even if James himself doesn't, after all, as you have said your character has been callous towards mine on a number of occasions.

In short, I've made adjustments (and will continue to make adjustments), and I'm very sorry you even felt the need to make this thread. The last thing I want is to make other people feel targeted or disliked. We're here to have fun.

Edited by Kiha

I investegated during the round and determined that Aticus screaming Tup in science is perfectly fine when doors are bolting open, cells are being visibly taken and charged, and crap is being printed right in front of them. It is valid to just say there's an invisible person in science for all that matters. 

Otherwise, trapster handled the initial gank on Aticus's character. The other slaughters against security was deemed valid due to the shoot on sight basis. 

Tl;dr the gank and metagaming ahelps were all investigated and handled. The only thing that this thread should address is the possibility of metagrudging. That is a decision I can not make myself because I have not been witnessing the interactions of both players. 

• Faris locked this topic