[Accepted]Caelphon's Diona Application

BYOND Key: Caelphon

Character Names: Hanru Smith [Chef], Jadeen Willows [Medical Resident], Uptari'Xixi Kaaxi [Chaplain], Juuxin Kin [Warden]

Species you are applying to play: Diona

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: N/A

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes! Extensively.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Whilst reading the Skrell Lore (in order to apply) I stumbled upon the leafy aliens lore! The concept of diona really interests me as they're quite unique compared to the other 'humanoid' species, also regarding that not only are they not 'one' diona but instead are made of multiple organisms that work cohesively in order to sustain the cyclops and think as one due to being a Hivemind. The Lore is also rather extensive regarding Diona and I do like to do some reading :) 

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: 

For starters, Diona are primarly made up of small dog-sized creatures known as nymphs, which have an exponential capability to learn unlike Humans and their 'young'. Diona are also capable of understanding and speaking many languages, as well as perform certain gestures in order to convey what they mean to other species, but Humans are limited by these options due to their evolution (or creation). Diona are also affected an environment entirely different to that of humans, and instead rely on a heavy supply of consistent light as well as radiation in order to nourish themselves and prevent their termination. 

Character Name:  Scattered Embers of a Dying Star

The Colossus had an enchanted way of moving across space, seemingly like a fish. It was however not just one organism but instead dozens upon dozens of small plant-like creatures that had unified, seemingly interconnecting with one another to form one. They skipped along the echoes of space for centuries possibly millennia witnessing many acts of Stellar Evolution, including that of the creation of a Supernova later described by the collective as; (translated from Rootsong) An eerie darkness that fell upon the void, before a sudden explosion of euphoric gases of captivating hues of maroon, garnet and scarlet formed remanants of the star within the void. It was here that Scattered Embers of a Dying Star found their name. 

It was perhaps centuries after the supernova that the The Colossus was discovered 'drifting' seemingly far out the reaches of civilised space by Skrell-Human joint practice operation. The Colossus sailed through the depths of space, quickly seizing a Human Frigate 'Ophion' before devouring the ship and her crew. The Colossus cemented itself within the Ophion, 'contructing' a path where many of Ember's collective found themselves basking within the radiation surrounding the engine. It is here they remained for the next decade slowly exploring and discovering the intricacies of the Ophion's engine soon educating themselves on how to produce more radiation, but also the fine details regarding powersystems located aboard. 

Ember's left the confines of the Ophion, seeking more knowledge on the topic of Engines, being hauled like many other cyclops' to the Republic of Biesel. It was within the Republic that Ember's attended the Hongsun Park Engineering Institute. The Gestalt would spend the next few years within the Institute craving additional infomation regarding Engine, but their addiction was never fulfilled and consistently the Gestalt seeked knowledge on Engines, apply to numerous corporations such as Haephatetus Industries,  and worked amongst Engine Technicians as an Apprentice. The Gestalt intrigued by the Engines eventually began to partake in their design and construction, where they'd often remain working well into the night welding and ensuring the construct was perfect.

It wasn't for another decade that the Gestalt left the Assembly Lines to work amongst the stars for yet another mega corporation; Nanotrasen. Ember's was assigned to assist aboard the NSS Upsilon as an Engine Technician for a few months before they before being transfered across the Republic's Airspace to assist another Nanotrasen operated station; The NSS Aurora. The Gestalt's duty would begin shortly after their arrival sometime in early 2462.

What do you like about this character?:

I have always been interested with astrology - and there chance that I'll ever witness a star go supernova is extremely low (but never 0%) and I thought that if I couldn't atleast experience it, why not create a character concept where the very character got to experience many wonders of the universe before their own eyes (lots of eyes really). I also enjoy that this character is a concept that I've created, and I put quite a bit of thought into the backstory of the Diona. 

How would you rate your role-playing ability?:

As mentioned before, I do believe that I can achieve a rather high ability to role-play, and I really do enjoy roleplaying but I am still learning as many others are as well. I believe I have the ability to create a really interesting character in regards to Diona as well.

Edited by Caelphon
More info

They have already been doing amazing with the Skrell whitelist they recently received, actively involving others and providing interesting takes on Skrell lore. There's really no doubt in my mind they would be able to do the same with Diona. I really want to see this character.

+1

I love that name. Immediately supporting it.

I like their chaplain, very interesting character. I do not know much of their other characters, however, but I do like Uptari. The application itself seems solid. I admit to have skimmed through, but it looked good. Also, I love that name, so +1

• Yonnimer changed the title to [Accepted]Caelphon's Diona Application
  • Yonnimer locked this topic