Mining Item Idea : Anomaly Proximity Alert

A.I.M.M.O.

What is this Item ?
The Anomaly Proximity Alert would be a small item (fits in pockets and webbings) that does nothing else than give off an message or sound cue once it or the player that carries it is in a 10 (maybe less) Tile radius of an yet unearthed anomaly. Cannonically it would be a simpler and easier to produce version of the devices xenarchs have, as it doesnt measure direction and distance, but simply "goes off" at a certain ammount of anomalous radiation. It should either be cheap in the vendor, or inside the Mining lockers. 

Why do I suggest this Item?
As miner I always have the uneasy feeling that with any sesimick charge, KA shot or pickaxe swing I could destroy a potentially fun/exciting thing for xenarcheology, This Device does nummerous things.
It prevents Miners who care, to accidentally destroy Anomalies.
It allows Miners to call out locations for Xenarchs, if they find some by chance
It allows for a greater incorporation between xenarchs and miners, as they can now use the same area, without the xenarch fearing all research material in the area might have been blown up.

Why make this item, instead of giving Miners the Super Sonava counter (I think thats what its called?)?
Giving them the SSC would be much more of a chore to utilise , it takes more space, incintivises miners to look for anomalies themselves perhaps (and then fail at actually excavating it) and would certainly be more expensive for NT to give miners instead of a dumbed down version.

• Gem locked this topic