Make Lt. Columbo, and other dogs into good boys.

niennab

I wanted to try and play a round accompanied by Lt. Columbo and, although I already knew some of Columbo's behaviors, only now do I fully understood now how bad of a dog he is. As such, I wanted to request the removal of the feature where if anyone other than the "Friend" to Columbo, touches Columbo, he bites. Or, a feature where you can essentially set Columbo's behavior. Such as:

"Lt. Columbo, Passive." - Columbo accepts pets from the non-friends and medical attention without issue.

"Lt. Columbo, Aggressive." - Columbo is as he is now. Biting non-friends who pet him or tend to him medically.

As an example, being unrobust as I am, I accidentally struck Columbo during the shift. As such, as an IPC not equip for medical practices, I took him to the medical lobby. When the doctor went to treat him, Columbo started biting him. Which more prompted me to instead pretend that I knew how to apply a medical bandage in an effort to bring Columbo up to decent health. As the 'friend', I was the only one who could treat him.

As a side note, Columbo seems to also just eat bandages. One advanced trauma kit and an entire role of bandages only brought him from severely damaged, to damaged. And the damage caused was from an unarmed punch from a shell IPC.

Nevertheless, I think this would greatly reduce the stress involved in roleplaying having the K-9 unit with you. This recommendation extends to the crate spawned dogs as well.

• 3 years later...
  • Gem locked this topic