Your SS13 confessions

Baka

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting burnt out, and slowly losing interest.

The trick to avoiding that is to do something new. Either a new department, a new character, or just a new game for a few months.

Everyone burns out eventually. The more they care, the harder they burn out.

I just spent several weeks getting my shit together. I missed Aurora. But I never really missed it like I do now, when I know I'll be able to come back. I guess that feeling of "you can't have that now, don't think about it" hit me hard. But it's eased now. Because you are all my children family friends people I like to see. :D

My human male characters are gay. All of them. WHY!? I don't know. Somehow it just happens and I don't know why and I can't stop it.

I hate making female characters. (Not for the reason you're thinking.) Coupled with the spoiler above, I don't understand my mind.

It's easier to stick to nongendered trees. :cry:

I have had time to think of a Skrell character, though, so that may come to pass. Maybe.

I type ridiculously fast, and rarely double-check what I'm typing. Often resulting in my speech being full of typos or going over the wrong channel.

Whenever you are making a compromising or lewd comment, it is guaranteed to go to the wrong channel every time.

Not all of those "wrong channel" comments I make are actually accidents.

Jamini's forum icon deeply distrubes me. It really truly does.

Without trying, I gravitate towards whitelested players, because I know they're expirenced roleplayers

I have little patience OOCly with stupid characters ((I should clarify, I mean reference, meme characters))

SS13 is my first time ever roleplaying, so most of it I've picked up from other people. Some examples are Seven Ghost, Sound Scopes, Tain, and Nebula

Since about March, I've been high as a kite while playing. Hence why I've been playing assistant, I'm not sure how the pressure of command positions will be

I'm addicted to command positions

I also really wanna write Taj lore :D

Edited by Guest

I got fuzzy and warm feelings when I read my name. :3

So did I.

And to tell the truth,

Space Station 13 is the first time I've ever roleplayed as well. I've seen some roleplaying in other games such as WoW (and mainly just WoW which was full of the snowflakiest, attention-whoring Mary Sues in all the land). My first day roleplaying was somewhere mid-August of last year, RIGHT about the time Lockie Green showed up on the Aurora.

When I first started playing which I'm going to guess is within a days of Lockie getting onboard, I always played Geneticist because it was a role that I heard was not important to station function. However I also only ever played randomly generated characters every round, and often times I'd forget to give them a hairstyle. So I'd be a bald geneticist coming on board. I realized, I was one of those geneticists people were very weary of. But I never came on with the intent to grief.

I don't care what people think of Tina. I really miss playing her but I'm trying my best to keep her out for a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by Guest

Someone found, despite my OOC desires, a perfectly good IC reason for my character to go on break from work for an extended period of time.

One that was simple and good enough that I just couldn't ignore it. So for the past week I haven't been playing him.

Combined with the fact that my character's IC friends are also currently on break, this caused me to lose most of my desire to play SS13.

...It has also caused it so the past two weeks have been uncharacteristically productive for me. I've been getting SO many things done because I don't spend like 6 hours each day roleplaying.

I love being productive, but I also kind of hate not having my usual SS13 groove going on? SS13 feels like it's a big important priority for me for some reason, and I don't know why. I have a ton of fun stuff going on in my life, I'm not really looking for escapism, and yet I often find myself hanging out with friends and thinking "man, I wanna go home and play SS13"

I've been playing for a year now. I still don't know how to do most jobs on the station, including atmos, medical, security, engineering, any science position etc. beyond the level of an intern.

I want senpai antags to notice me. Just trying to avoid or robust them is boring, I want my characters to, like, get kidnapped or something that spices things up for them directly, story and roleplay-wise (as opposed to a roundabout, whole-station-is-affected sort of way). This is often a problem since I play boring civvy jobs that antags couldn't care less about, and my character isn't confrontational enough to get a reaction out of the antags.

If I ICly die I LOVE seeing what people are saying about my character's death. I will slightly resent people who don't seem to respond to it or care despite knowing my character.

I probably blur the lines between who you are ICly and OOCly a bit too much, if your character is a dick I will probably resent you a bit for it OOCly.

I tried creating a female character once. Was too weird for me. I have no problem with other people playing opposite gender characters and am used to it being the case but for some reason I felt like I was being creepily deceptive by doing it myself.

I'm not proud of it but Jason is supposed to be a total Mary-Sue (Gary-Stu?) character. An idealistic, probably-trying-too-hard-to-make-him-be-lovable character with some sprinkles of self-insertion. However, being surrounded by constant jerky people in a hectic, often deadly enviroment, tends to bring out the worst in him, and instead of being a Mary Sue he often ends up a borderline psychotic with rage or depression issues. Which, to be fair, makes him more interesting as a character.

Still kinda hate it though. Way more fun playing a happy go lucky lovable guy than the angry, depressed, anxious mess he's become.

Every one of my characters are a snowflake. Every. Single. One.

1. Lori is a member of the ERT Reserve, has purple hair, that's been genetically altered. She has a paranoia of AI after one cut her arm off with a door.

2. Rose Watson is an ex-officer who suffers from split personality disorder, with her alter ego Rosie Thorns. She is now a journalist chasing stories in the Rimworlds.

3. Karima Mo'taki is an insanely intelligent Tajara, responsible for subverting (or enlightening) several station units, and programming two synthetics herself. She's also a member of the current Katana development, granted recognition after she influenced Katana.

4. DragonSnap is an IPC trying to understand the meaning of sentience. An IPC. Learning about life. Nuff said.

5. Scarlet is DragonSnap's older 'sister', and both were created by Karima. She is hellbent in aquiring the missing code fragments from DragonSnap.

5. Hawk Silverstone was a test tube baby, and can never be cloned on station, or else will suffer genetic illnesses. He's the half-brother of Rose Watson, and comes from a very, VERY wealthy family. (He used to be an implanted genetically engineered super soldier, too.)

6. Aji'Rah Laikov is a syndicate sleeper agent, codenamed Shadow.

7. Demitri Rota, is a priestess for Dodekatheon. She heads a temple, that hosts two charity organizations. She's a very skilled fencer too.

8. Valary Field - my character I play when I wanna be engineer but don't wanna be Lori. She was Lori's apprentice.

9. Jasmine White - botanist I retired. A 60+ year old woman who sold drugs.

10. Angelo Keratolli - Lori's husband, and has sworn an oath of nonviolence. If you hit him, he won't fight back.

11. Tavaku Mo'Taki - Actually, this is prooobably my only non-snowflake character. But he's a Tajara, and has a high IQ, (just streetsmart, not booksmart) so he's still a lil snowflakey.

12. Cecille Ami - My HoP character I never actually play. Because paperwork sucks. She's also my only normal character.

13. Victor [insert last name] - character I retired. He's a butler for the Silverstone.

14. Trinity Silverstone - Member of the ERT. One day, I will have her as HoS for Aurora.

ALL BUT ONE ARE SNOWFLAKEY.

Honestly, I feel every character is a snowflake. It's just that some are more snowflakey than others.

Seriously, we're all basically snowflakes with a 1033K combustion temperature!

I will openly admit I like to write lore and code that benefits my own story ideas and characters. This is, in part, why I try and vet anything I do against another person.

I detest clique/department warring more than I detest the cliques themselves. Whether it's joking or not, an outside party can come in and see that and interpret it as toxicity and be thrown off by what the server actually stands for.

I detest clique/department warring more than I detest the cliques themselves. Whether it's joking or not, an outside party can come in and see that and interpret it as toxicity and be thrown off by what the server actually stands for.

Hah! This reminds me when at the end of the round, Lori Alvarez made a joke to HoS Ezra Scott - "Bam slam, bow - chikka bow wow, fear meh, The Law. I'm a ruff and tuff engie who's got all I need with my toolbelt." Ezra replied with, "You can be the law." And we swapped hats. XD We then teased each other's professions - Ezra pretending to hack a computer, and me looking for my harmbaton.

And then I arrested a guy with cable cuffs. Hehe.

Quote: "Ezra is Chief and I am The Law. Station's screwed."

Regardless of what job I play, I usually powergame and make some sort of advantage for myself in fights. Something like a butterfly knife if I'm a engineer, or an OP medicine I keep for myself as a Chemist.

Also, I detest working with other people who don't like the way I organize things. I have a specific spot for everthing in the Chemical lab, and a preferred chair. I hate not getting it how I want. :x

Lately I've been feeling like there is a list of issues against specific individuals and situations where I've just felt like someone should say something, maybe, but I'd rather it not be me. And because I lack the time right now, all of them have gone ignored. Although, all of them are relatively minor and not all that grand. Simply points of discussion and observation.

It's an amusing concept to think about, though, as the general belief is always leaning towards admins getting their way with every issue. But that ain't how it goes. There have been a few instances where restraint shown by staff (specifically, shown because the member of staff believes their own view to be too negatively biased or otherwise forceful) has led to a certain few situations actually growing out of hand. Although, as it stands, I'm referencing cases 6+ months old here.

Ultimately, good judgement should dictate when, by whom and to what extent action should be taken. Judgement which can only be given to an issue that is actually raised, whether to the community as a whole, or simply to the staff.

• 1 month later...

I...am actually very bad at roleplay. I need a definite IC and OOC borderline to do it, and I struggle/get nervous when I attempt it on a whim. It's actually one of the reasons I edge away from chat RP, because I lose my character's....qualities without being thrown into a dynamic and ever-changing environment.

I've played other games like GW2 and oftentimes I would go to the tavern or bar, and sit in the corner and watch RPers play. I kinda wanna join in but I'm too shy (or self conscious from being watched by other gamers, RPers sadly get bad rep in other games). I don't wanna insert myself in their conversations (that would be rude), so I just sit and watch them play. I had joined an RP group once, but I felt my actions were too stiff and forced, not flowing easily as here in SS13. Why? There was no clear wall between IC and OOC. And I cannot initiate a startup of the RP, I have to wait for someone else, or else I'll stumble and make a fool of myself.

I suppose you could align it to stage-fright. In SS13, we're in the back corners of the internets, enjoying a sci fi themed RP, away from judging eyes and close-minded trolls. But out there in other games, you're at the mercy of scrutiny, trying to RP in a game that doesn't have the tools or mechanics for good RP.

snippity snooty

I completely understand this feel. For what it's worth, many people here disagree with you on how good a roleplayer you are.

I have this thing in real life that extends to ss13. This thing is sometimes, very rarely, finding someone yelling to be hilarious. I... can't explain it. In ss13 when someone's writing decreases in spelling/grammar quality due to a high-pressure situation or OOC stress, I giggle mercilessly at what comes out. This may be due to the fact that I always read aloud in my head (oxymoron but hopefully you understand) whatever I and others type. One particular example: Chuckles McGreyshirt exclaims, "FUCLING HELOP". Just read it. It's hilarious.

snippity snooty

I completely understand this feel. For what it's worth, many people here disagree with you on how good a roleplayer you are.

I have this thing in real life that extends to ss13. This thing is sometimes, very rarely, finding someone yelling to be hilarious. I... can't explain it. In ss13 when someone's writing decreases in spelling/grammar quality due to a high-pressure situation or OOC stress, I giggle mercilessly at what comes out. This may be due to the fact that I always read aloud in my head (oxymoron but hopefully you understand) whatever I and others type. One particular example: Chuckles McGreyshirt exclaims, "FUCLING HELOP". Just read it. It's hilarious.

i know EXACTLY what you mean

Lately I've been feeling like there is a list of issues against specific individuals and situations where I've just felt like someone should say something, maybe, but I'd rather it not be me. And because I lack the time right now, all of them have gone ignored. Although, all of them are relatively minor and not all that grand. Simply points of discussion and observation.

I feel this way as well, except without the reservation. I also believe that this is why I get away with saying some of the more aggressive things I do. If I can't get away with it, I will privately message an administrator with the words, "why do we let people have opinions?"