LRP Behavior - Bob Mellow/Tajara Miner

BYOND Key: Soultheif96

Game ID: b6N-aBMj

Player Byond Key/Character name: Bob Mellow and Tajara Miner (It was round end so I did not get the name.)

Staff involved: Shadow7889

Reason for complaint: As informed by Shadow7889, I am reporting Bob Mellow for LRP behavior towards Round End during a situation where I have to act as a Warden on the shuttle. Initially he messed around with me by putting me into a medical cabinet, I shrugged this off as a meme and I find it funny too. While the shuttle was arriving to NTCC Odin, Beatlejuice Drey escaped from the medical section of the shuttle as a cultist, which is fine, what was not fine was Bob Mellow intervening and messing with me as I am trying to help security detain a hostile crewmember (B. Drey). When he pushed me to the ground, he took the pistol and bolted once the shuttle landed. I chased him down to take back the pistol only to be pushed around and disarmed of my baton. Soon after, a Tajara Miner by name I do not know, assisted Bob Mellow by dragging him away from me when I am clearly trying to detain him. After chasing them down in the Thunderdome Hallway, I received two laser pistol misfires and was about to utilize pepperspray. I have called for them to cease and desist multiple times. This is not HRP behavior. 

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation? Yes, Shadow directed me to here.

Approximate Date/Time: Round End, when Beatlejuice Drey escaped the medical section of the shuttle.

Sure thing. I play Bob Mellow, let me tackle the two main points since memory is whack and I was rather sleepy logs should be more detailed than my testemony.

On 22/04/2020 at 07:53, Soultheif96 said:

Initially he messed around with me by putting me into a medical cabinet, I shrugged this off as a meme and I find it funny too.

Glad you enjoyed it. You seemed to have had a rough round and were doing the screaming at crew as armed warden, quick chuckle is usually enough for me to drop the stress of a hard round :)

Beatlejuice Drey escaped from the medical section of the shuttle as a cultist, which is fine, what was not fine was Bob Mellow intervening and messing with me as I am trying to help security detain a hostile crewmember (B. Drey). When he pushed me to the ground, he took the pistol and bolted once the shuttle landed.

ICly had no clue of why Drey was arrested, they ran out, screamed for help, some officers tried to arrest them, you decided to shoot your taser into a group of people, hence the disarm. It was not to help a criminal but rather to stop innocent folks from getting shot. I did not run into a random direction, but toward the security area of the Odin to hand in the pistol. What came running was a rather pissed mobility frame, which I had no way of dodging, starting to attack me with the baton wordlessly. RNGesus was on my side, the disarm worked, I picked it up, put it away, dropped on the floor screaming. Random tajara comes running along and picks me up, drags me away. Quick thinking under enough pain to floor me, lack of cameras, scale of already done crime + a warden that ICly does not know Mellow and might not even have a name + the recent tajara events -> Mellow is fucked and hopes the tajara has a plan because his was to hand in the gun and explain what happened and pay the fine. Fired two warning shots into random direction, put's gun away, get trapped in a dead end, round ends.

Situation was rather simple and should have been handled in the ticket the following round. Shadow decided to send you to the forums instead, hope I was able to clear up the events a little.

I have called for them to cease and desist multiple times.

Did not hear one of those, the entire interaction was wordlessly from my side except a "Surrender" or "Give up" or something at the end when we got stuck. Sorry if the combination of lacking RP and RNGesus botched your round end, sometimes things just escalate I suppose.

The logic was pretty simple. Warden opens fire into a literal crowd at round end. Bob Mellows is the hero we need and disarms the psychotic robot who decided he was a russian commissar and everyone else was acceptable casualties. I see them run off decide to follow and see bob is now in cuffs. Well that doesnt seem like justice and security had been doing real questionable shit that round so my tajara didnt care for that. I decided fuck the robot, bumped bob out of the robots grasp and bolted. Didnt see the warden say stop personally. Probably bc nyoom cat. That was about it for my involvement.

I have fired my pistol once but not into the crowd where it would hit the officers or non-security personnel. The shot had landed on the escapee once. 

I have only verbally warned twice, once at Bob Mellow “STOP!” and when the Tajara ran them out with Bob Mellow to wrest them out of my grip (to put on cuffs), I yelled “CEASE!” at both of them in the basketball court of NTCC Odin after receiving two lethal fire rounds, both missed. 

Hello!

After reading the logs and talking a bit Shestrying and I came to the conclusion that both Cnaym and Bear were justified to do this. It's hard to prove wheter someone saw a message or not, did byond eat it? Were they in range? Can't tell by reading logs.

Cnayms logic seems sound and thus we see no issues with what they have done.

Unless there's more to discuss I'll be locking and archiving this in 24h.

• Cnaym locked this topic