Riu's Painted Welding Mask

Byond key: SampleTex

Discord key: SampleTex#1892

Character Name: Slhaik Riu

Item name: Custom Welding Mask

Item function(s):  Functions identical to a normal welding mask, differences being cosmetic and shape from the original welding mask

Item description: A custom painted welding mask with a nice red paint on the bottom half of it. It looks like it was designed to fit the face of a xeno who has a muzzle of some sort.

Why is your character bringing this item to work?:  Considering all the welding mask sprites look like they were designed with the human face in mind, I wanted to make a custom item for my character that not only fits his anatomy (and fixes the sprites sticking out the front of the mask when worn), but also has a visible but not overly complex personal touch to it.

How did your character obtain this item: I'm sure there would be some place that sells welding masks designed for xeno faces, and painting it wouldn't be very complicated, only requiring well, paint for the painting and tape to protect the visor from getting covered in it.

What value does this item have to your character, and what story does it tell?: It'd be one of his tools, and Riu isn't one to mistreat his tools considering he's still in school and broken tools and supplies are just more expenses to pay either to NT for breaking equipment or for replacing any tools he owns himself. I think it'll also add some more diversity in terms of items for xenos, since their anatomy wouldn't permit them to wear quite a few things that humans can wear, and vise versa.

Sprites:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Additional Comments: If wanted, I can also make some non painted welding masks for other xeno crew to be able to select in the loadout, I'd just need someone to handle the coding/pr side

Riu Welding .dmi

I like it. I've always preferred welding masks myself personally, over the goggles. Did not realize certain xenos would have their sprites poke out of the mask until recently when I began applying for whitelists other than Skrell. This would be very fitting, and I like how it shows a bit of Riu's style.

General xeno masks would also be very cool.

+1