Energy Crossbow Lethality

With brainmed, energy crossbows are extremely lethal, with only a few shots capable of inducing organ failure onto any target due to how it deals straight up toxin damage. This cascades very easily. To compound this, the weapon recharges naturally and has a miniature variant that is much the same.

It's probably fine that the weapon can induce lethal organ failure after a point, its purpose in the description is to be a stealthy weapon capable of stunning a target while also poisoning them. Thinking the current lethality isn't tuned with Brainmed in mind though, as it would not be so deadly in pointmed. Using it feels like an exploit. I haven't actually seen the weapons abused heavily due to their rarity and traitors generally not opting for them, though. When it is used though the traitor and the victim tend to both be surprised at how quickly it can dispatch someone with little effort.

I can't say I'd know what a good tweak might be, but lowering how much toxins it inflicts is probably good enough. Think the full size crossbow deals twenty with a single shot, and this goes straight to the organs.

Edited by WickedCybs
1 hour ago, WickedCybs said:

With brainmed, energy crossbows are extremely lethal, with only a few shots capable of inducing organ failure onto any target due to how it deals straight up toxin damage. This cascades very easily. To compound this, the weapon recharges naturally and has a miniature variant that is much the same.

It's probably fine that the weapon can induce lethal organ failure after a point, its purpose in the description is to be a stealthy weapon capable of stunning a target while also poisoning them. Thinking the current lethality isn't tuned with Brainmed in mind though, as it would not be so deadly in pointmed. Using it feels like an exploit. I haven't actually seen the weapons abused heavily due to their rarity and traitors generally not opting for them, though. When it is used though the traitor and the victim tend to both be surprised at how quickly it can dispatch someone with little effort.

I can't say I'd know what a good tweak might be, but lowering how much toxins it inflicts is probably good enough. Think the full size crossbow deals twenty with a single shot, and this goes straight to the organs.

A good solution might be having it inject a toxin/poison instead of directly dealing toxin damage.

4 hours ago, MoondancerPony said:

Ideally it would only inject a specific toxin, to not be unbalanced compared to the syringe gun.

I don't think it needs to be balanced compared to the syringe gun. One is an offensive traitor tool for tatoring, the other is a medical device. Personally I'd like to see all the poisons in the game getting utilized so I like the idea of giving a tool to make them easier to take advantage of. Maybe limit it to just 5-10u darts though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ferner locked this topic