Uplink holopad

Desven

So I love holopads. I think they deserve more love. And especially in hostage situations, they could become very handy. The problem is, you can know and trace where a holopad call is coming from. So I thought you could buy a holopad from the uplink, maybe one or two TC, that you can anchor with a wrench and have calls made (not received) from it. It would appear as an unknown number. Plus, to give it more personality, the hologram could be red. And you could maybe emag it to force calls like command gets to.

• 4 weeks later...

So I also really like holopads, and kind of wish there was more reason to holocall someone instead of just PDAing them or calling them over the radio.

I'm with Carver in that needing a wrench feels unnecessary. Maybe even make it a handheld thing (Yes, I'm thinking like in star wars), though that might be too different to the actual holopads.

I adore holopads, one should be in the expedition shuttle to call home though (unrelated)

on topic I love the idea of a fucky red hologram popping up in security to threaten someone

Edited by Lmwevil
  • Gem locked this topic