Colfer - Command Application (For real this time)

BYOND key: Colfer

Discord Username: Co.LF-ER#8285

Character names:

[maintenance drone (REX-383)] (The best boy)
[unconfigured robot (TIP-900)] ("unconfigured" changes to "medical" "engineering" "research" where applicable, based on their module)
[System Control Computer] (my AI)
[SMNR-350] (Battlemonsters IPC, has only been seen on aurora)
[Ka'Viax'Zoin C'thur] (Janitorial bug)
[Mister Mug Master] (The free elyran IPC bartender. Frequently emotes bottle flip tricks to show off IPC reflexes)
[Ka'Viax'Rike Zo'ra] (The viax bartender, uses a human face mask that allows me to emote things such as the eyes shifting to look at patrons)
[Hydroponicist #83] (Hydroponicist)
[Chef #66] (Chef)
[Bartender #88] (Bartender)
[Ka'Akaix'Tyk K'lax] (Security Bug, my first attempts at playing a non-viax vaurca) (Not played yet)
[Trajectory] (Not played yet) (The command character)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: [Around a year I believe]
Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
[Yes. in 2020-09-09 I killed somebody who just spawned while I was as a cultist, since they went down the elevator on old aurora station and managed to find our cult base before we could secure the doors, and since they were a security officer I believed at the time it was right to do so. I realized that this was not a good thing to do, as other methods could have been used to incapacitate the person instead of so quickly removing them from the round. It was inconsiderate of me to choose the gamemode over somebodies enjoyment of it.
I cannot recall any recent administration actions past that point.]

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:
[I think heads of staff serve as a role model, a point of reference or as a guide to those who seek knowledge in the head's respective area. A head of staff's duty is to serve as an exceptional member of the community through the actions of their chosen character, as well as a point of interest for administrators or antagonists of the round, to either add spice, play along with gimmicks, or otherwise serve the round in a positive way in order to add and expand to the story as much as they can at the time. Ontop of that, it is their duty to try and help players who seek their help in understanding and more easily grasping complicated parts of their department.]

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:
[I believe the OOC responsibilities of the whitelisted player to other players is to provide meaningful and helpful experiences, however subtle or overt they choose to provide them, as well as to somewhat ensure that the round in progress goes smoothly, by coordinating and helping keep other players calm in times of pressure or hardship, or teach newer players an easy learning experience to the complicated mechanics or functions of whatever department that the head of staff is accustomed and knowledgeable in.]

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?
[If I am not mistaken, the horizon recently launched and is currently having missions gone underway, while im not familiar as to any recent events that have happened. Im aware of the phoron crisis being one of the primary factors as to why the horizon was built in the first place, with some of its mission goals being to seek out phoron and research it similar to how the auroras purpose was to research phoron and other anomalous things. However my character is a free IPC from konyanger, a seasoned xenobotanist and anomaly researcher, after cultivating countless amounts of fragile alien flora, and helping in the field of robotics and information technology. They had been noticed by the SCC and brought onboard the project as a scientist, through displays of work ethic, research documentation and scientific method they are now applying for positions as a research director to lead the charge in phoron research. Ontop of other duties they would experience as a research director.]

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
[Literally only matriarch drone, I will not play anything else after this is accepted unless I am somehow impaired in some way.
The reason for this is that while I'm sure and fully confident in my abilities that I would be an good member of command, I simply would lack the desire to actually take part as a member of command or as a head of staff due to the race or origin restrictions that would be placed apon me as a result of such. Thus, I would most likely only play a burner character for the entirety of my command trial in some area I am familiar with and then never use the character again unless the rules for command whitelists were changed, and the active whitelist holders were purged.
If playing a character that isnt a maintenance drone is absolutely required, I would play a scientist, or research director for the duration of my application trial, the reason for which being that I feel I will have more opportunity to gather positive feedback if I play as a more roleplay intensive yet mechanically focused role.]

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
[I am familiarizing myself with the wiki pages for the command roles at the moment, but I'm confident that in my long time of experience in roleplaying games, servers and systems that I am already intuitively familiar with these wiki pages, coupled with my extensive knowledge in mechanics, I predict that I will be able to familiarize myself with these wiki pages in incredibly short durations of time, if not that, then atleast familiar myself with them as I play, I may still need to do so once or twice while playing. Currently I am familiar with the captain and research director pages as well as the chain of command. ]

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
[I cannot make a matriarch drone as a character, and Im certain applying with a maintenance drone would bring shame apon me and my family for hundreds of generations, so I suppose I will apply with a Research Director. This research director will be a bishop accessory frame named "Trajectory". They will be most experienced in fields of robotics, information technology and xenobotany]

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
[Absolutely. I'm fully aware that I am supposed to be an example, and a non-exceptional record would not be acceptable for the level of importance such a position gives me.]

Have you linked your byond account to the forums? 

[It says I have]

Extra notes:
[I'VE BEEN PLAYING MAINTENANCE DRONE FOR LIKE HALF A YEAR (across multiple servers) I CANT STOP AAAAAAA, MATRIARCH DRONE IS MY LIFEEE!! 🤖❤️]

Edited by Colfer
Bolded the questions to make it more readable

So usually the idea of the Whitelist character beeing a burner is a huge fucking red flag, but have you ever seen Colfer play pAI? Play Drone? Best fucking boy.

If this serves anything I want to at least see them get a chance to see how they do.

I have faith they won't at least fuck it up and at the least we will get a head Researcher showing up for fun gimmick rounds.

Science is underrepresented in command.

+1

The majority of people seem to disagree with moving this whitelist to AI judging by 2 dismissals. I am obligated to apply for command, even though I have no intent to utilize command roles except for matriarch drone

1 hour ago, MattAtlas said:

Not really sure about giving someone a command whitelist that they do not intend to use at all.

I intend to use this whitelist extremely frequently to play matriarch drone very often as it is one of my favorite roles. I never said that I wouldn't ever use the command whitelist in the application, just that I would be playing matriarch drone unless I was impaired in some way.

20 minutes ago, Colfer said:

I intend to use this whitelist extremely frequently to play matriarch drone very often as it is one of my favorite roles

I do not see matriarch whitelists as a full fledged command role. It is essentially a ghost role that you use while waiting for a respawn.

On 10/05/2022 at 03:05, Colfer said:

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
[Literally only matriarch drone, I will not play anything else after this is accepted unless I am somehow impaired in some way.

These are your words. To me, this is paramount to you not wanting to use your command whitelist.

I am going to discuss this with the head admins and see if we can unwhitelist matriarch drones instead, as I am not personally interested in accepting an application from someone that explicitly does not want to play full-fledged command roles.