Let the round end vote be startable on Code Red

Per the title. Code Red currently suffers from this air of 'we should direly avoid ever using it near the 2 hour mark' and people pushing hard for it to end at the 2 hour mark, even if something is occurring, because one is unable to vote to end the round during it. It's the only alert where you feel compelled to lower from it even if things haven't fully winded down because otherwise you may receive a bwoink nudging you to do so from an admin.

We're no longer on a station where end-of-round has people leaving the vessel and thus risking the chance of escapes ICly, so why do we still have this limitation? A side-effect of this change might also be that antags are less inclined to 'go loud' at the very end to try and force a Code Red to extend the round even if people feel done with it, and would have to actually engage the crew enough for them to vote a continue; but I see this as a strict improvement.

12 minutes ago, Butterrobber202 said:

I don't think we should change it. Code Red is a tool to allow the players in round to oocly force an extension until the current round is brought to a resolution. That tool being in place is preferable to a bunch of ghosts that may have the numbers to force a transfer despite active RP.

To the contrary, ghosts are players who want to engage with a new round. More than anyone else I feel they should be able to vote for a new one rather than being held hostage by a mechanic that, ICly, made sense for a station - but for the ship not so much.

On an OOC level, I feel anxious if I have to raise to Code Red because I know all eyes are on me and people are going to push for it to end as soon as possible the moment 2:00 hits, leaving me to often have to consider lowering it in situations where from a logical standpoint, Command wouldn't do so - often skipping on important checks and verifications to make sure the situation is truly safe.

Would it be possible to have our 2:00 round-end vote rule be modified by allowing Code Red situations throw us into "overtime" permitting another 30 minutes? AKA if you're in Code Red and it is after 2:00, you should not have a vote be possible until 2:30.

This will give some last-minute push for antags but hopefully not too straining on waiting players.