DaTruRiZZoB | Command Application

BYOND Key: DaTruRiZZoB

Discord Username: DaTruRiZZoB#4046 (Say hi to me!)

Character names: 

• Julian Chet 
  • Fea Easton 
  • Kylar Ichika 
  • Briar Sadar.

Others are either deleted or decommissioned.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since 2019, though I took many breaks.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Other than notes I believe, I have zero warnings/actions so far.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is to create a fair, engaging, and most importantly enjoyable experience for all members of the department. They maintain situations with a level of expertise and understanding which warrant a head of staff position, They create opportunities for improvement to characters and players alike, and they distribute a fair amount of engagement between all players involved. This also extends towards the rest of the command staff, and players involved in whatever situations the round presents. With their IC job, you are the driving force of the crew. You hold some of the most importance out of all members of the crew, it is your job to help drive the round along its path and create engaging activities with the crew, but also to antags and their gimmicks.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Those whitelisted must hold a level of understanding and aid in their interactions to others. Their ability to convey information to players is key in the round, as their actions affect other players more than others. Across the board, a Head of Staff is to be an expert in not only their department, but in their decision-making as well. The whitelisted parties are to be responsible with the power and prestige that is rewarded not only ICly but as well as OOCly. They are to show a great deal of role-playing, improvisation, knowledge of their department, knowledge of the lore, and a constant engagement in the community outside the game.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Tau Ceti currently is in the middle of a phoron shortage, a large societal collapse of the Solarian Alliance, and the ever-increasing hostile nature of Einstein Engines and the remaining Solarian fleet. Playing primarily a Scarab, specifically a Sadar, (Original I know), She is only affected by this in a minor way. Working primarily contract to contract, she held no real stock in the surrounding universe until it affected the colonies. Keeping away from the skirmish of the 35th, and the quick aftermath with the creation of the SCC, Briar was given an opportunity to work onboard the Horizon, In which she grew attached towards the vessel, taking it in as her home. 

Recently, a prohibition on Himean Citizens obtaining a head position was applied. As is part of her backstory as a Sadar in Himeo, she would be willing to renounce her citizenship to further her place onboard the vessel.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Chief Engineer, Operations Manager, Executive Officer.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Correct.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

• Briar Sadar-Chief Engineer. 

(Others will come, but for the time, and for a trial, this is the only character I play/played that have any semblance of being command staff)

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Correct.

Have you linked your byond account to the forums? 

Correct.

Extra notes: Primarily a self observation unrelated, this is unnecessary to read if you are glancing.

Spoiler

I enjoy playing characters for long periods of time, as that is what I find enjoyable. When I play a character, I like to play it nearly every round until I feel satisfied with that character's goals, relationships, notoriety, and place in the story of others. I took a good year break from Aurora Station, which was well deserved, as those who I've played with before would know I played Julian Chet, the singular character for the entire year of 2019 AND 2020. Coming back to playing Aurora Station, I believe that there is a stepping stone to be made in my abilities to roleplay a believable, interesting, and engaging character.

One of those stepping stones has been to interact further within the community and outside the server via applying for a whitelist of some sort. After experimenting with characters of many backgrounds and cultures, I found Briar Sadar to be enjoyable not only to myself but (hopefully) to others. I would like to take this whitelist as an opportunity not only to, well, gain a whitelist but to grow my abilities and gain feedback from the many wonderful people I play with to create better, more enjoyable characters for them to interact with.

I spent the vast majority of my first month and a half coming to grips with Aurora playing with Datru in atmospherics when they played Ichika, and have since then seen Briar Sadar fairly regularly. I have no real idea of how Datru would do as command, but I am certain that they are competent enough both with RP and game mechanics to warrant a trial to see, and can without a doubt be trusted with that at least. Ichika and Briar are two significantly different characters and neither is poorly done, though it does feel from my POV like both characters/the player(?) are a little shy, so it may be hard for others to really comment unless an effort is made to get them out there on the ship.

+1 I played under Sadar as my engineering apprentice - she was a good teacher and highlighted the importance of mistakes when we accidentally overcharged the tesla and melted the coils, and she enabled a rev round in a gimmick that involved building a third power source that likely would not have been possible without her expert knowledge. I have also seen her as interim Chief Engineer multiple times

From what experiences I've had, Datru is a great roleplayer. I always enjoy the roleplay I have with Briar, and they definitely have their mechanics down too. I've seen Briar go out of their way a couple times to try and get a reign on loose engineers a couple times before, if that counts for anything on the command side of things. 
I think there's definitely good potential here, so +1

Lately, Briar's always an easy pick for Interim CE if I've noticed them in-round while I'm playing captain. Datru's very reliable when it comes to engineering, and whenever I've had Briar as an Interim – only a handful of times, but each round was pretty busy Command-wise – they've been great to have. Fair amount of presence when it came to decision making, good at coordinating with others on the Command channel when the opportunity presented itself, and being able to go along with an antagonist to entertain whatever they have in store. 

I'm glad you decided to apply. +1

Attended a round with Sadaar as my RD - they were active and communicative with Command matters, and is generally a good addition to the team. - I wasn't quite sure if all of command was busy that round, due to the traitor gimmick, but it falls ultimately on all command staff I think to inform the ship of any on-going situations. other than that, I think its a good 

+1

Good atmos tech. Roleplays a Scarab well, and taught my own scarab alot about being Scarab.

Had one round with them being CE and me being CMO. The Spark got disabled and was adrift. Dispatched her Atmos tech to the intrepid well equipped for a rescue mission and did it fast.

+1