BYOND key: ImmortalRedshirt

Discord Username: ImmortalRedshirt#3514

Character names:

Ruslana Hunter
Vera Chernikova
Emiliya Novikova
Lucia Vivas
Basira al-Kirimi

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
Since sometime in 2020, few months pre-KOTW at least.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
One major warning for a shittily done character decision.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
While they're obviously here to create a much less cluttered chain of communication for players to handle as well as being a helping hand for those who need it, Command players have a massive impact on the flow of a round. Their decisions will determine the actions other characters take, which has Consequences far more reaching and dynamic than any pseudo-choice in your average singleplayer cRPG. Outcomes are not predetermined, and you are responsible for what follows, whether it's a decision that makes or break the antags' schemes, or something like September 18th. The story is partially in your hands, and it's your responsibility to steer it.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
The most apparent responsibility is providing players with someone they know they can look up to when it comes to knowing how things work both in gameplay and roleplay sides. Engineering, for example, is a job that looks intimidating to the inexperienced, but with a good mentor, the most important parts will seem perfectly straightforward to them. Command players also hold a special responsibility when it comes to the characters they write. While there are many absolutely fantastic characters in any job, players, especially new ones are inevitably looking more towards command players as an indicator of what to do, of how to be. They are the personalities that have the most reach in a given round, and they should demonstrate the strong characterization that made Aurora remarkable.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.
When she had finally graduated from Ceres University in 2462, Ruslana had only one direction to go. The agreement she had made that paid for her education and gave her the chance to leave Vysoka also locked her in a years-long contract working on whatever corporate installation they saw fit to transfer her to. Just as she was getting settled in on the NSS Aurora, the Spur caught fire. From getting caught up in alien conspiracies, to seeing planets burn, and more near-death experiences than one should experience in life, space beyond Vysoka looked more dangerous by the day. Despite it all, though, the people she grew close to kept her going. With no chance of ever being able to afford a trip back home, she has instead focused on making the most out of her new life here. While getting transferred to the SCC's new cutting-edge ship was a surprise, it hasn't disrupted her life too seriously and now she intends on taking her career to a new level only ever imagined before.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Chief Engineer. Likely Captain later in the distant future as well.

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Ruslana Hunter(Chief Engineer)

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Yes

• Like 3

Always enjoyed playing with Immortal. Her characters are believable, have elaborate backstories attached to them, and most importantly are interesting to interact with. Totally should be given a trial!

+1

Edited by 4000daniel1
what is grammar
  • Like 1

Our characters didn't have that many meaningful interactions, but in terms of RP, Immortal always managed to input something in those few moments we played together, both in quality and creativity. My character's Disney villain arc would not have been as complete without her involvement. 

As for the gameplay part of playing Command, she didn't leave much reason to doubt her knowledge of Engineering, I think she is a good CE/Captain with an engineering background.

+1, one day we will finally see you play a non-Slav char

I've played some rounds with them on the Aurora station, and some on the Horizon, and in both settings their characters never ceased to be entertaining and lifelike. It always felt like they had depth beyond being a character on a screen. Besides the RP aspect they seem the handle command well from what rounds I've seen them as CE

Whole lot of words to say: Good RP, seems to do Good in command
+1

from me

I've played plenty of rounds with Redshirt on Aurora, and I can't remember a single bad interaction I've had with them. They have a good grasp of what a command member should be, from what I've seen from their gameplay. They have no issues commanding the department when things get a bit chaotic. Overall, I think they'll make a great fit for the command role and I would be happy to see them on the roster.

+1