Player Complaint - Niennab

BYOND Key: DanseMacabre
Game ID: N/A
Player Byond Key/Character name: niennab
Staff involved: Roostercat
Reason for complaint: Niennab has made a post in a complaint about another community member, largely concerning an interpersonal conflict between myself and Nienna that the other community member was involved in. This post includes both insults levelled against me and lies misrepresenting our relationship and the situation that occurred. When I posted in that thread to provide my side of the story, my post was hidden while Nienna's was not, in spite of its highly subjective nature. As complaints are public, highly visible, and are archived when they're finally handled, I feel that it is important that I address Nienna's claims, and to do so I've made this player complaint.

The following is the post I made in the aforementioned thread.

Spoiler

Discord_2eVxx6dLau.png.54d010d21c79f349856abbaf3b717aae.png

Discord_8jwyMKwqJm.thumb.png.a2000fbf8796c14c6f04f1f541815d7a.png

Did you attempt to adminhelp the issue at the time? If so, what was the known action taken by administration/moderation?: Roostercat hid my post and told me to pursue a player complaint instead.
Approximate Date/Time: 6PM EST 12/8/2023
A link to Nienna's post: 

Edited by DanseMacabre

What is the nature of the complaint though? I received a temporary forum ban for my crude joke and as I understand, you were spoken to for your behavior on the relay. As far as I'm concerned, that's it? This seems like something better suited to a staff complaint against the party who deleted your post.

I'm sorry you think I am lying. I'm not. But I am also sorry for the crude joke. Your feelings are valid in response to what I did, but your reaction on the relay wasn't appropriate. But moving forward the best option for us here is to just move on from the whole thing. Had Goolies not brought up the ordeal, I wouldn't have had to drudge it up again. But, the weird behavior of people putting my words into Sycmos' mouth needs to stop.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, niennab said:

What is the nature of the complaint though? I received a temporary forum ban for my crude joke and as I understand, you were spoken to for your behavior on the relay. As far as I'm concerned, that's it? This seems like something better suited to a staff complaint against the party who deleted your post.

I'm sorry you think I am lying. I'm not. But I am also sorry for the crude joke. Your feelings are valid in response to what I did, but your reaction on the relay wasn't appropriate. But moving forward the best option for us here is to just move on from the whole thing. Had Goolies not brought up the ordeal, I wouldn't have had to drudge it up again. But, the weird behavior of people putting my words into Sycmos' mouth needs to stop.

The nature of the complaint is as I explained. You lied in a complaint about something that happened between us, insulted my personal character, and are misrepresenting a situation for your friend's benefit. I do not want what you posted to go unaddressed for obvious reasons with all of that in mind, and I was told the way to properly address your claims and provide my side of the story would be to make a player complaint.

Ultimately, my point is this: your post is inappropriate for a staff complaint and I would like for that issue to be fixed.

Edited by DanseMacabre

As far as I can tell, you're making two claims:

1. That I'm lying about you posting two good-bye messages.
2. That I'm lying about how I felt about you.

Regarding the first, I'm not referring to your status update as one of the good-bye messages. Instead, I was referring to (1) the forum post you made where you said you were leaving for BMT. The second (2) good-bye message is referring to the pastebin that you mentioned in your previous post.

Regarding the second, I've already stated that I didn't harbor any ill-will towards you. Who I associate with has no bearing on my own opinions.

The original post in question is appropriate and on-topic for Sycmos's Staff Complaint. Goolies misattributed my own actions to Sycmos as support for the Staff Complaint, requiring me to correct it.

If it helps resolve the issue, I can edit my original post to clarify the distinction between the 'good-bye messages'.

Alright so. 

I have spent a few days looking into this, reading other threads, etc. Sorry for my delay. 

@DanseMacabre I am not going to be handing out any sort of staff action over things that have already happened in the past and have since been handled. (Regarding the joke). However, I will be administering a warning on the Forum to @niennab for claiming that you "had a meltdown" on the relay in the complaint against Sycmos. I found this to be an unnecessary statement. Nienna was fine to reply there as they was directly mentioned by Goolies. I do not know why Goolies commented, but that complaint is being handled by the head lore team, not the admins. 

@Roostercat was right in having you make a complaint for this, because the forum thread here wasn't where it needed to be posted. 

But to be honest with the two of you...
I cannot discern what is a lie and what is not. I do not think either of you are mean spirited people and are simply out to get one another. Nienna was already struck and warned for the joke, and as far as I know, there has not been any other instances of tactless interactions between the two of you. 
This is a game. We are here to have fun and play in a community that we have all cultivated with one another. I do not understand the animosity in this complaint, from both sides. I think it would be best for you both to just avoid interacting with one another if it is just going to lead to this sort of interaction. 

• Like 1
  • Owen locked this topic