add a lobbysitter kicker

sees 30 people online

epic, cool, plenty for a full round. I will log on.

3 readies, OOC is dead silent.

just add an AFK Kicker that throws someone out of the game if they are idle in the lobby for more than an hour. Specifically, IDLE in the lobby so it doesn't kick those out who are working on characters.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, hazelmouse said:

Why is it an issue?

Well, lobby sitters gets the map sent to them anyways (thanks byond), so they do contribute to some server load, though now that it's multi-threaded it likely doesn't amount to much

• Like 2

would solve the every round OOC message spam of "omg 50 players only 4 readies??" when it's obvious probably more than half the players are afk leaving their game open, and yeah obv staff would be exempt from it

I agree with Geeves solution. I do not think lobbykicking people waiting for a round to start, or for a round which they feel like joining, while they play other games or do other irl things, is the answer.

Fluffy says it himself that it likely has no performance effect on the lobby, so beyond that, the most reasonable middleground is having it readout people. Hey, like, why not just add the (AFK) tag to players instead of it being for staff only? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, geeves said:

a more moderate approach for purely informational reasons would be having it be

players connected
"active" players
readies

but i made this thread in mild irritation and wanted a nuclear solution. you're ruining it with your sensibility and common sense :(

(this works)

• Like 1

I am fine with both geeves' and the OP's solution, as long as Staff are exempt from the nuclear option (as I too lobby sit in hopes I can fax format poor BCs). Just please dear god can we finally end the "50 players but 4 readies???" meme. It's the same thing with the HorizonShip meme. It was funny a few times, please just nuke it off the server.

While this may be out of scope of this thread, I would posit the idea for the server to automatically set the SSD tag to characters in game. Idk when the cutoff is, but at some point there's a funny purple text addition to examining someone that says how long they've been AFK/disconnected for. When that happens, their manifest tag should be set to SSD automatically as well (it also helps for people who had to relog). Ideally, it would be set back to active when they become active again.

• Like 2