Staff Complaint - Arrow

Posted (edited)

BYOND Key: Dessysalta
Staff BYOND Key: Arrow768
Game ID: N/A, forums
Reason for complaint: I was given a forum warning for largely explaining the views of the mentioned topic in this staff complaint, the relevant topic being this one

The second issue I have is what is being proposed isn't actually second in command, so those who voted for it aren't getting what they voted for, while those who didn't vote for it are losing on Xeno XOs too, which feels like a net negative all around.

The third issue I have is how it has been handled, after the proposed implementation was revealed, there was a large amount of negative feedback, but that has not been listened to, and the thread was locked and it seems that the implementation will be going ahead despite all of this negative feedback.

This quote by greenjoe is why I contributed to the discussion. I stated every point that was dissected in the main thread, as well as giving my thoughts about it because they're relevant to the discussion. I wasn't trying to give a list of reasons why the 2ICXO change shouldn't go through. I was giving adequate context of multiple developers, CCIA, lore devs, not to mention countless players contesting the change, and I closed with something along the lines of (I can't get the quote exactly for reasons that are obvious):

This is a gross disregard of the relationship between administration and players, it disregards their feedback and to close the post within a day of receiving extreme pushback gives off the attitude of being dismissive.

Among other things, I handled points such as "give us a concrete number of the amount of non-human XOs played" as they were disregarded in the topic that was the subject of the complaint for no good reason, and I compiled many quotes (even a screenshot) of others players that visibly contested the change or how staff handled it. All of these were prudent to give staff (head, etc.) a sense of scale to the point of "there was a large amount of negative feedback."

The staff complaint by greenjoe was not, "I am only referring to Arrow," and even if it was, the entire discussion had in regards to the 2ICXO is what sparked the complaint. I consolidated the views of the playerbase without failure and pointed out frustrations that were caused by the implementation and dialogue regarding it. I would bring up the fact that five people reacted to what I said to show they agree with me, but I cannot do that because the post was deleted.
Evidence/logs/etc: The warning's in the spoiler.

Spoiler

image.png.45d6a6eee48c8d5f18c62299578c1f7f.png

Additional remarks: Locking the thread immediately after I contributed was fine, I agree that it was a lot to read and I personally don't see the reason why anyone else would need to say anything after the fact, but being given a warning and having all of what I wrote deleted is unreasonable. I was not peanutting nor was I shifting the complaint to be off-topic.

Edited by dessysalta
reformatted something that looked aggressive
  • Like 4

Not handling the complaint since, well, I can't as a secondary, but I will post this.

image.thumb.png.1f3c5d914d84002e500cf9a776889612.png

The complaint was exclusively about how the situation with 2IC XO was handled. Your post was 90 percent explaining your opinions on 2IC XO in general and didn't really discuss what the complaint was about to begin with. This makes it off-topic and not relevant.

Posted (edited)

After some consideration (and speaking with a friend) I don't think investing my energy into this is going to be beneficial for any of us. I've gotten a chance to re-read all of what I said in the original complaint (thank you Wayback), and while I stand by what I said in both the above post by myself and the spoiler below (what I had previously used to respond to Roostercat, but now only something I'm keeping for posterity) I could have handled it differently.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Roostercat said:

Your post was 90 percent explaining your opinions on 2IC XO in general

I responded to points Arrow himself had brought up in the thread and laid them out chronologically alongside the many quotes of other players. I didn't do this because I'm contesting the 2ICXO change, I did this because without an accurate recollection of who says what and why is important in a complaint that is all about these details.

1 hour ago, Roostercat said:

didn't really discuss what the complaint was about to begin with

I didn't expect I needed to establish my points more than they already had been. Giving a long, single-read list of information that can be consumed and applied to every point of the original complaint seemed more succinct than going point by point of greenjoe's wording and offering a mess of quotes and nothing else. The complaint was about the reception of player feedback by administrators and how the latter see through implementation of any given thing succeeding a vote (in this case the 2ICXO change). I am a player that is affected by this change and witnessed Arrow speak on behalf of teams that clearly didn't agree with what he said, and as such I laid it out quote by quote chronologically beginning from the time of the proposed implementation with summaries of how I and the community feel. 

I would once again show screenshots of the 10 or so different people I quoted extensively nearly for each line of Arrow's I tackled, but I can't do that because all of what I said and did and referenced was reduced to "it is this one player disagreeing with 2ICXO and nothing else" and then deleted.

I'd like to retract this complaint for now, though I might revisit it depending on how I feel in the future. There are things I could have said differently in this post and in the original and things that are more worth discussing as policy (unrelated to off-topic peanutting that is).

Edited by dessysalta
yu-gi-oh card: complaint retraction
Posted (edited)

Most of what I could say boils down to "I don't think I was wholly off-topic" and most of what you and the rest of staff could say is "I think you were." I'd rather eat the warning point that's doing nothing than invest multiple days arguing to meet the same end. Besides, if the host warns me himself, I'm probably doing something wrong.

As for retracted complaints being permanently retracted, that's another can of worms and I might make a policy suggestion thread about that, but again, not worth it to argue here.

Edited by dessysalta
spelling mistake!!