Posted (edited)

BYOND key: ATGiltspire

Discord Username: atgiltspire

Character names:

Current ones are
Hazel #S-H9.223
Morgan Raye
Vakha Richardson

How long have you been playing on Aurora?
A bit over a year now

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?
Yes. One ban for antag-rushing

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?
The Head of staff ingame is to provide a clear and concise way to tie the disparate groups together by connecting them with a team that can direct them appropriately.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?
A whitelisted player is supposed to act as an example. They are able to help others who are new, and work out problems before it becomes larger. They also act as a driving force for RP, by assigning tasks and assisting the round towards whatever conclusion it may be going, whether that be a peaceful expedition, or a violent conflict.

Explain how the recent events in the Spur changed your character and how they came to be employed on the SCCV Horizon.
Seki Tau'ha'nor has been a regional manager of Hephaestus since just after the Ouerean revolt. After the Synthetic Nightmares of Konyang, they continued to work hard, also getting training in the repair and maintenance of synthetics. Following the new instructions for the SCCV Horizon to begin providing aid, they applied to work directly with the SCC as Operations Manager, out of both pride and a desire to see Moghes get the aid it needs.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?
Operations Manager
Possibly a Corp Rep

Have you familiarized yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?
Yes

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:
Seki Tau'ha'nor - Operations Manager

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?
Yes

Have you linked your BYOND account to the Forums?
Yes

Extra notes:
Please ask any questions!

Edited by ATGiltspire
Added in further details
  • Like 8

I've only really been able to interact with Vakha Richardson out of their characters, but from the interactions I have had they seem to have a very good grasp of roleplay and I've no doubt that they would be able to fill that part of the role well. That being said, I have not the slightest clue as to how they would do in command, but I suppose that's what the trial run is for.

+1 from me

• Like 1

Hi, ATG.

I'll drop my few cents here since I wanted to do it for quite some time now.

If you had made this application sometime ago, namely during the Silicon Nightmares arc, and before that, I would have been absolutely negative towards your application and seeing you whitelisted for command since your IC conduct at the time was not really what I would say fitting for a command role. Though now, with your recent character(s), at least from the times I've seen you play them, that has changed. I'll stay neutral on this, but I am leaning into positive territory and hope we can see that conduct mirror into command roles too by giving you a chance to show that you can properly handle it. I can definitely see you in command positions if you keep your current conduct up while playing them.

Good luck! o7

• Like 2

On trial from 10JUN2024 - 17JUN2024. During this time try to play your command character(s) as much as reasonably possible to gather feedback on your application. Remember, you are encouraged to advertise your application in OOC once per round. 

• Like 1

ATG consistently plays characters that are great to be around, and that is an incredibly rare and inspiring talent. As for their Operations Manager Seki Tau'ha'nor, from what I have seen they are calm, reasonable, and skilled at the department they are in, good stuff. While I cannot say I had the chance to dig into the values of the character themselves, these things are all good indicators of what I like to see in Command. I am excited to see what they do with this character, and I am proud to assert that whatever is done will be wonderful. This Command application has my....  

+1

• Like 1