Move cargo orders from the database to the codebase

As the title says, moving cargo order lists from the database to the codebase would be an improvement. If they were in the codebase, anyone would be able to look at them via github without needing to get ingame, join as a character and look on a cargo console, or ask someone with access to the DB about it. It would also be good to be able to add to the list this way too, a PR can be made, then anyone with approval control can approve it to be added via github.

• Like 6

Definitely agree. While Arrow is great for getting stuff added to the orders list in a timely manner, its a step that shouldn't have to exist. I'm not sure if there's some code-based reason as to why it's on a DB, but I'd very much like to see it change.

Posted (edited)

The code already supports codebase sided cargo orders so it would not need new things coded in, would need moving the database cargo list to the codebase

Edit: or maybe not? Might have mistaken for another codebase

Edited by greenjoe

I have offered to do this a few times now. The benefits to the database being in code are like, many. Currently you can't even see cargo items without being actually in game and playing a character.

• Like 6

I can't say how many times I've wanted to make a cargo order suggestion, been uncertain whether it was actually in the list or I'd just missed it, and then forgotten to actually check the only way I can (while ingame) because I'm busy RPing/doing my IC job. From what I can tell there are only upsides to moving the list to the codebase from a player and dev perspective.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...