Complaint - Essel cutting open /ALL/ the antags all the time

BYOND Key: mirkoloio

Player Byond Key: NursieKitty

Staff involved: None

Reason for complaint:

I am writing this complaint because Nursie's char, Phoebe Essel, is in my oppinion a char made as excuse to cut open all the antags she can get her hands on.

Most of the time when I am an antag, be it ling, Vampire or normal traitor, and am arrested I tend to end up on an Operation Table with Phoebe Essel standing next to it, cutting out eyes while the patient is alive and awake or cutting off/Out other limbs/organs. It has happened very often now and is starting to get really, really old and fuckin anoying. I am not the only person that has experienced being cut open by Essel.

In my oppinion, action should be taken against the Char and they should be told to cease this behaviour or be removed from the game. Not banning the player, mind you.

Approximate Date/Time: Friday, 22.05.2015

Edited by Guest

Command allowing people to cut up and kill people of an yet unkown species, in case of ling, and generally Command allowing a Doctor to kill a Crewmember/human without fileing the paperwork and contacting Sol/Biesel, is a point to complain about too

I've really only seen Phoebe do this to people who spam abilities while captured. Perhaps it is just me? Mind, I also do not generally let myself get captured or act in a manner that gives away my abilities openly while captured.

It may just be you? Perhaps Nursie should step back a bit and let some of our other surgeons/scientists/xenobiologists cut up antagonists for a while? Perhaps help guide them into the wonderful world of torturing horrible monsters from outer space?

Overall, maybe Nursie needs to step back a little. However, I don't feel the practice as a whole is really that horrid. I mean, you are generally a horrible monster/undead monstrosity/crazy lunatic who can summon fireballs with his mind. Cutting things like that up is part of the job description of a xenobiologist.

Also: Not /all/ of command has much say in what happens to antagonists. Mostly it is the Captain and RD's call, after a ring to central. Pointing fingers at a group for a small subset of that group is kinda unfair.

Hi, replying as a player for now.

Consider: I have never seen Nursie actively pursue antagonists as a surgeon. The ones that she operates on are already captured by security, and already contained by security. She's just proactive in asking for them. Is it really a negative thing? You'd get permabrigged otherwise, because no other surgeon, that I've seen, actually cares to do surgery on vamps and lings.

I "cut open" antags because command allows it.

Allow me to clarify. Antags that do not function like normal crew members, possess abilities unheard of, ie wizard, vampire, changling, are - with command's permission - subject to physical examination. This is not my decision, regardless of whether Phoebe argues for it or not. You were an extremely hostile, very irregular specimen, who grew blades out of its arms, stabbed people with its tongue, and regenerated whenever put down. In command's eyes, I believe you'd have waived your rights for humane treatment at that point. And command had requested your arms amputated.

As far as I know, Phoebe is one of the few surgeons/xenobiologists who preform biopsies on foreign lifeforms. I wouldn't mind teaching other people and guiding them through the whole testing "process," as I do believe it's something station biologists should know how to do.

It's not like getting one's arms cut off is anywhere near permanent, so there's also that to consider when taking into account whether the behavior is 'reasonable'. We got cloning now. If NT fucked up bad, they can just pay to get you some new arms or whatever, and then claim that you gained the injury in the process of being captured.

On a more relevant note, I've never seen Phoebe go out and pursue antags. And my main character, Lockie, is like one of her best friends. Phoebe mainly just seems to verbally press for biopsies or other such things. She simply lacks the physical abilities to actually physically go after antags. She's like a 4"10' doctor, she's not exactly the picture of physical intimidation, and Nursie plays her that way.

This seems like a copy of the other complaint that you have made. Was there a recent incident which had arose which involved Essel cutting open an antag?

Yes, allow me to pitch in as a security officer this round. As had been predicted, Jamison Stamos had indeed been captured by security for violent crimes. Whilst in custody, the detainee made it quite clear that they were capable of producing arm blades, and this made security very uneasy. We ended up treating the whole ordeal as a 'concealed weapon on a prisoner,' and deduced that the only way to remove this concealed weapon was to literally disarm them.

So I contacted the head of personnel, Raymond Galloway (whom was coordinating security at the time), and requested permission to have the armblades surgically removed. After delegation with the captain and ERT leader, this matter was approved, and you were turned over to Essel to have your stabby hands taken away.

This seems like a copy of the other complaint that you have made. Was there a recent incident which had arose which involved Essel cutting open an antag?

Yes, allow me to pitch in as a security officer this round. As had been predicted, Jamison Stamos had indeed been captured by security for violent crimes. Whilst in custody, the detainee made it quite clear that they were capable of producing arm blades, and this made security very uneasy. We ended up treating the whole ordeal as a 'concealed weapon on a prisoner,' and deduced that the only way to remove this concealed weapon was to literally disarm them.

So I contacted the head of personnel, Raymond Galloway (whom was coordinating security at the time), and requested permission to have the armblades surgically removed. After delegation with the captain and ERT leader, this matter was approved, and you were turned over to Essel to have your stabby hands taken away.

Right. It's been a week, and no response, so I'm going to say this much:

These are IC actions. They had IC justification behind it. I have no reason to believe that Nursiekitty is antag hunting to cut open antagonists, rather the opportunity arises and she takes it.

Based off what I have gotten as evidence, I consider this resolved. I will leave the thread open for twenty four hours, unless Mirk wants to explain in more detail what happened.